2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

17 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Bauer doing their best Simmons impersonation 

IMG_8522.thumb.jpeg.8e188349f98f414d732ddedba588adf2.jpeg

Classic design for sure. I wish someone would bring back the Simmons Illusion design. With the Bauer printed pads now - now more than ever! Let's get crazy!

On 10/9/2023 at 10:15 PM, seagoal said:

Hmm. Good question. 

I wonder if it's a dominant side thing.  Most lefties kneel left, righties kneel right? 

I'd always kneel right as a righty. 

@southpawtendy48

@A.YOUNGoalie13

@Fullright

?

I guess I’m weird because I get up a lot with my left leg which is a habit I need to get rid of. I also rest a lot with my left leg up and right leg down, sometimes the other way around 

12 minutes ago, Phil1p33 said:

Yeah, looks like Px3 skinned 12.2s. I've noticed quite a few guys going back to 12.2s, wonder what that's about.

Capture.PNG

PX3's are quite stiff above the knee. These guys are probably not liking the change and want what they're more familiar with. 

Similar situation with the Bauer Mach pad stiffness. Most guys didn't like the stiffness/profile and went back to an Ultrasonic spec instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

PX3's are quite stiff above the knee. These guys are probably not liking the change and want what they're more familiar with. 

Similar situation with the Bauer Mach pad stiffness. Most guys didn't like the stiffness/profile and went back to an Ultrasonic spec instead. 

Slowly but surely we're returning to softer, smaller leg pads.

Also interesting they kept the PX3 tapered outer roll at the top and it appears he shrunk back down to a 33+1.5 instead of 33+2. Might be an optical illusion

Edited by ThatCarGuy

5 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Slowly but surely we're returning to softer, smaller leg pads

We've been heading that way for a long time. 

It's been a long time since people we're normally getting +3 or +4 sizing on their pads as was the flavour at the time. (Pre 2005 lockout) 

Edited by coopaloop1234

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

We've been heading that way for a long time. 

It's been a long time since people we're normally getting +3 or +4 sizing on their pads as was the flavour at the time. (Pre 2005 lockout) 

With more and more normal sized pro goalies appearing its not too surprising that mobility is taking priority. I've considered ordering medium upper and lower breaks on my Warrior set next season instead of stiff upper and medium lower. The my ultrasonic stiff HL2s are softer than my G6s and is nice for mobility. Still prefer how G6 plays overall and the slide plates are beginning to show their advantage on Olympic sized sheets

Edited by ThatCarGuy

6 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

With more and more normal sized pro goalies appearing its not too surprising that mobility is taking priority. I've considered ordering medium upper and lower breaks on my Warrior set next season instead of stiff upper and medium lower. The my ultrasonic stiff HL2s are softer than my G6s and is nice for mobility. Still prefer how G6 plays overall and the slide plates are beginning to show their advantage on Olympic sized sheets

US stiffness is probably the sweet spot. May be tempted to get a Shadow set with a softer boot when that comes out. 

I really liked the TuneFit+ system on the Machs. 

25 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

US stiffness is probably the sweet spot. May be tempted to get a Shadow set with a softer boot when that comes out. 

Completely agree on US stiffness. I probably won't even bother with a Shadow set since it's unlikely the glove will work well for me. 

Tunefit+ is good but I liked the CCM/Lefevre super tight fit so much more and G6 feels very similar once you make a simple strapping change. Before True entered the goalie market a large majority of the goalies at the NHL level in Eflex were using the super tight fit option and it made no sense until I tried it myself. It allows a very connected feel to the pad without sacrificing rotation or mobility. It's part of why I liked playing in my EF5s (its shame speedskin and a 580 ruined that set lol)

29 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Completely agree on US stiffness. I probably won't even bother with a Shadow set since it's unlikely the glove will work well for me. 

Tunefit+ is good but I liked the CCM/Lefevre super tight fit so much more and G6 feels very similar once you make a simple strapping change. Before True entered the goalie market a large majority of the goalies at the NHL level in Eflex were using the super tight fit option and it made no sense until I tried it myself. It allows a very connected feel to the pad without sacrificing rotation or mobility. It's part of why I liked playing in my EF5s (its shame speedskin and a 580 ruined that set lol)

I didn't hate the Mach glove as much as you did, my only gripe was that it didn't connect like a Warrior. I doubt I'd go for the revised version anyways. 

Though, the rest of the offerings: same Mach blocker and essentially a Mach pad with an US stiffness profile is exactly what I'm after. 

Which begs the question why I'm not just ordering a custom Mach set now? lol 

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I didn't hate the Mach glove as much as you did, my only gripe was that it didn't connect like a Warrior. I doubt I'd go for the revised version anyways. 

Though, the rest of the offerings: same Mach blocker and essentially a Mach pad with an US stiffness profile is exactly what I'm after. 

Which begs the question why I'm not just ordering a custom Mach set now? lol 

Because you want my HL2 set once I get back to the US :)

13 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm way behind on the new products you guys are using. I only have 1S and 1X, that is, the first generation of these pads. but I also felt a huge difference in the superior fit and softness of the 1X pad compared to the 1S and now only use them

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Same for me.

Also, where are all these locker room pics of Saros coming from?