2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

3 hours ago, jerd31 said:

The video of her dumping the gear out of the box onto the asphalt driveway, then kneeling on said driveway to strap the pads is triggering me to no end.

Me. Too.  And especially with the all white gear, I was like "oh hell no."

8 minutes ago, keeperton said:

hhhhhhh (video in link)

image.png.2c23b857ff44e44c384d224ae07e4a9c.pngimage.png.6cb9ea4a33c81952deabe36141df2ad2.png

Interested to see if/what changes. Thigh rise doesn't seem to have the same obviously/dramatically thinner section that the PX3 did, but also appears to be incredibly thin overall. I'd love to demo some of these side-by-side to compare Catalyst versus HZRDUS.

Man, they made some major revisions to the gloves eh? 

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, they made some major revisions to the gloves eh? 

Honestly can't tell, but I think their gloves were lagging behind a little (imo, they were by no means bad though). Maybe that's a different hand placement option on the blocker?

If they revamped the 590/60deg a little I think it would only be for the better. The Vaughn 60deg felt like butter and the Lefevre, to me, was clearly the -1 version.

Edited by keeperton

4 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Honestly can't tell, but I think their gloves were lagging behind a little (imo, they were by no means bad though). Maybe that's a different hand placement option on the blocker?

If they revamped the 590/60deg a little I think it would only be for the better. The Vaughn 60deg felt like butter and the Lefevre, to me, was clearly the -1 version.

I was being facetious. lol

I wouldn't ever hold my breath for any meaningful changes in a Lefevre glove/blocker. It's their calling card. 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I wouldn't ever hold my breath for any meaningful changes in a Lefevre glove/blocker. It's their calling card. 

Shrug, their blockers feel incredibly good though. It certainly isn't broken, only thing I could see them changing is adding a carbon sheet in the face if their pro clientele is begging for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

So.....

Why is True just remaking the G4 line?

Screenshot_20230824_005126_Instagram.thumb.jpg.750221408d642102695abad51adc6492.jpg

Can't wait to see the diehard True fans defend this graphic

Nah that looks brutal no matter what brand is on it.

Agree though can’t wait to see the Lefevre-for-lifers say this is original and doesn’t look like crappy rainbow candy cane

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Nah that looks brutal no matter what brand is on it.

Agree though can’t wait to see the Lefevre-for-lifers say this is original and doesn’t look like crappy rainbow candy cane

At least any pad can always be part of the Solid Color Pads Crew, and to Lefevre's credit they usually have it so the whole face can be a solid color while the outer roll has some color on it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing a barber pole lol.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's funny you say that about Lefevre and their mitts. I just picked up a Mackenzie Blackwood L20.2 580 w/ single T because  I've just sorta given up on my Axis glove. It has been nearly 2 years with a split T and D3O in the palm and while it closes fine... it just never felt "right." @Chenner29 and I were joking about analogies for the difference between CCM & Lefevre (True) and he mentioned Toyota & Lexus... to which I agreed... but not in the way he intended. 

IMO... CCM can have some bells & whistles with designer foam in D3O (Max Rebound & Control Rebound in leg pads) and change in strapping etc... which is all great... but not necessary IMO. So in that way I'd say that CCM is the Lexus in that they have added features that would be comparable to creature comforts and technology packages. While like you said @coopaloop1234 Lefevre mitts don't change much so to me they're the Toyota... well built... reliable... not the latest tech... but the damn things just work and work well... and they last. And I'd say that the same can be said extending into both companies' entire lines of gear. Lefevre gives you what works... it's thoughtful in its simplicity... and it's consistent. Don't get me wrong... I do like CCM and what they're doing to push materials and construction... but going back to the catch glove... even if I ordered a custom CCM single T Game Ready w/ no extra padding... the L20.2 would still win out. It may in part be nostalgic but it's just so nice to have the feeling of a puck snapping against a single T and snapping closed... a catcher that catches... simple.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

It's funny you say that about Lefevre and their mitts. I just picked up a Mackenzie Blackwood L20.2 580 w/ single T because  I've just sorta given up on my Axis glove. It has been nearly 2 years with a split T and D3O in the palm and while it closes fine... it just never felt "right." @Chenner29 and I were joking about analogies for the difference between CCM & Lefevre (True) and he mentioned Toyota & Lexus... to which I agreed... but not in the way he intended. 

IMO... CCM can have some bells & whistles with designer foam in D3O (Max Rebound & Control Rebound in leg pads) and change in strapping etc... which is all great... but not necessary IMO. So in that way I'd say that CCM is the Lexus in that they have added features that would be comparable to creature comforts and technology packages. While like you said @coopaloop1234 Lefevre mitts don't change much so to me they're the Toyota... well built... reliable... not the latest tech... but the damn things just work and work well... and they last. And I'd say that the same can be said extending into both companies' entire lines of gear. Lefevre gives you what works... it's thoughtful in its simplicity... and it's consistent. Don't get me wrong... I do like CCM and what they're doing to push materials and construction... but going back to the catch glove... even if I ordered a custom CCM single T Game Ready w/ no extra padding... the L20.2 would still win out. It may in part be nostalgic but it's just so nice to have the feeling of a puck snapping against a single T and snapping closed... a catcher that catches... simple.

Exactly. 

It's like going to Tacomaworld.com. Those guys are die hard Tacoma fans through and through. The thought of a different truck is blasphemy. 

And I get it. I love my Tacoma and I can equate that to Lefevre gloves and why people feel the need to stick with them. 

I'll poke fun about how I think their gloves are ass and how they don't make any real changes, but I'm not lost as to that's the massive appeal of them too. 

On 8/23/2023 at 8:50 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Return of the Stadium Series pads for Raanta

927B7AA4-B383-49E5-9F2E-5E93F07A721E.jpeg

Wow, so awesome.  One of the most convincing optical illusions on Bauer gear I've seen yet.

21 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Pretty good look at the G7 graphic. Looks like warrior may be introducing a redesigned double tee as well

Screenshot_20230823_210919_Instagram.jpg.43332cf36643121ec34c831e17d10b51.jpg

Woah, nice 34-5 pads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2