2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

55 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

One of the kids on my team last season had the toe box of his CCMs actually fall off of his skate while he was putting them on so he just taped it back on so that he could play the game. So now he has bauers. 

Exactly same issue x2. Clear tape skills are clutch. Worst part is that my son is a 17 year old defenseman. Not the best thing to be with a broken toe cap. Junk.

7 hours ago, jerd31 said:

I had a pair of CCM's with the XSG holder and they used plastic retaining screws, one of which snapped during warmups of an A-level men's league game for me.  Fuckin pieces of shit.

So the screw material isn't the same for all of their skates. Some plastic, some steel. Son's plastic one broke in warmups. Pro shop didn't stock new screws (why not?). So I drove to the local PIAS about 7 mins away. Bought a pair of used CCM skates with the steel screws, drove back in time to put them in my kid's skate before the end of the first period while he was sitting on the bench. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MTH said:

So the screw material isn't the same for all of their skates. Some plastic, some steel. Son's plastic one broke in warmups. Pro shop didn't stock new screws (why not?). So I drove to the local PIAS about 7 mins away. Bought a pair of used CCM skates with the steel screws, drove back in time to put them in my kid's skate before the end of the first period while he was sitting on the bench. 

That's some A+ dadding right there.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Yeah I bought a set of the metal ones after that game.  Baffling that they used plastic to save a few cents.  

On 8/18/2023 at 2:38 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Some sitings from the Nerd on Instagram1F2A5CA8-5A18-4886-BE96-53D0723165F0.thumb.jpeg.a7ed8266fd3dc2da90b5e8a21d737a4c.jpeg

Fleury looks like a tree046EFF22-B33D-4668-B872-D85A72CF344C.jpeg.7437d162d8db1b60be592f6aef70925d.jpeg

Gus bus testing all Bauer, no more True glove (maybe?)CEBDB4DA-803E-439B-AE24-890BB0B2569D.thumb.jpeg.602aece29c34164192eae37976bb44cd.jpeg

Elvis testing True, would suck to see him leave Bauer he has had some great sets with them. Also curious about this glove, looks similar to Gibson’s 2 piece

The glove is in fact a 2 piece. Took this photo this morning. 

PXL_20230901_150306708.jpg

On 8/30/2023 at 4:58 PM, MTH said:

Man, thats awesome. I broke my skates once when I was younger... Dad left to get me new wheels but never came back.

Kudos to you.