2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

On 8/24/2023 at 11:43 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

they don't make any real changes, but I'm not lost as to that's the massive appeal of them too. 

They literally refer to their breaks by using Koho glove models. Koho stopped making those gloves over 20 years ago.

I'm going to order a Bauer glove with a GM12 break.

Bet.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

So.....

Why is True just remaking the G4 line?

Can't wait to see the diehard True fans defend this graphic

On 8/23/2023 at 4:57 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Nah that looks brutal no matter what brand is on it.

Agree though can’t wait to see the Lefevre-for-lifers say this is original and doesn’t look like crappy rainbow candy cane

I'm probably the closest thing to a True/Lefevre fanboy on this site and my opinion is that this graphic is inexcusable. 

Worse than launch with those awful 12.1/20.1 graphics

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I'm probably the closest thing to a True/Lefevre fanboy on this site and my opinion is that this graphic is inexcusable. 

I didn’t think 12.1/2 graphics were all that bad? The 20.1, forget it, those looked like shit. This takes the cake however. If you add literally any color to these this is what comes to mind:AB4CE550-07F6-46C9-9B94-2BC0BD58A486.webp.d5da1689619771088c44f2434e0be889.webp

So basically the goalie pad version of the worst jersey of all time.

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I didn’t think 12.1/2 graphics were all that bad? The 20.1, forget it, those looked like shit. This takes the cake however. If you add literally any color to these this is what comes to mind:AB4CE550-07F6-46C9-9B94-2BC0BD58A486.webp.d5da1689619771088c44f2434e0be889.webp

So basically the goalie pad version of the worst jersey of all time.

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

People thought the L12.1 and L20.1 graphics were bad? The L20.1 was sick.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’m just playin lol. I’ve seen it a few times but when a top guy does something it turns heads

I feel like more people in the show use Tuuks than CCM holders on CCM boots? I feel like only the CCM athletes use the CCM holder, haha... in that spirit, it's noteworthy that Mackinnon is

image.jpeg.74e2e8d7c31cb1a2c0f32d59c574c7c8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c980f1f8b3fd9cfb703d9b18106d2381.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.17115ad752af9638a19ae9756473073b.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.50a26f9463ca9b32ff219b448f85ceac.jpeg

• Like 2

As a parent of kids that play. The CCM holders are always a problem. My kids won't wear CCMs anymore. I've had that wheel thing break too many times. One kid had the actual holder snap mid game. Also had the goofy toe cap/boot connection on the outside break on two other skates. 

Really crappy when these issues occur mid game after driving hours to the rink. I'm pretty handy with clear shin pad tape.

No more CCMs for my boys though. I understand how the NHL guys don't bother with them either.

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think Matthews has actually switched though... too lazy to look deeper

I see like no pros in the new Bauer PowerFly tuuk holder or Hyperlite 2 helmet. Both of those topics interest me for player gear.

That's the Tuuk that 'reacts' to skating style, right? Hard to have guys in the NHL switch to something that flexes or whatever while skating. I'll look for it at youth levels first then these kids will eventually carry it onto the NHL.

The new helmet is better than the 1. Again, hard to have NHL guys (creatures of comfort) change up their stuff. Same with youth carrying it into higher levels.

My kids' teams mostly use the Bauer 150 helmet as they do team orders. The under $200 price for that helmet is a welcome addition to the nearly $1000 annual uniform cost per kid. The Hyperlite is closer to $400 I think.

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

As a parent of kids that play. The CCM holders are always a problem. My kids won't wear CCMs anymore. I've had that wheel thing break too many times. One kid had the actual holder snap mid game. Also had the goofy toe cap/boot connection on the outside break on two other skates. 

Really crappy when these issues occur mid game after driving hours to the rink. I'm pretty handy with clear shin pad tape.

No more CCMs for my boys though. I understand how the NHL guys don't bother with them either.

I had a pair of CCM's with the XSG holder and they used plastic retaining screws, one of which snapped during warmups of an A-level men's league game for me.  Fuckin pieces of shit.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

That's the Tuuk that 'reacts' to skating style, right? Hard to have guys in the NHL switch to something that flexes or whatever while skating. I'll look for it at youth levels first then these kids will eventually carry it onto the NHL.

The new helmet is better than the 1. Again, hard to have NHL guys (creatures of comfort) change up their stuff. Same with youth carrying it into higher levels.

My kids' teams mostly use the Bauer 150 helmet as they do team orders. The under $200 price for that helmet is a welcome addition to the nearly $1000 annual uniform cost per kid. The Hyperlite is closer to $400 I think.

Powerfly is bauers new holder thans supposedly stiffer and holds the blade in place better

POWERFLY-FEATURES.jpg?v=1686832403

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Agree on the Tuuk, but unfortunately, optics will be that it's a gimmick if pros don't switch?

New pros adapt way more to new technology than the previous generation of pros. I am with you that the Tuuks might be a wild change and "better" might be too "different", but the helmet makes no sense?

I feel like your average pro adapts to the never helmet cycles?

3 hours ago, MTH said:

The new holder is actually supposed to be stiffer and move less through sharp turns and hard cuts, unlike the current holder. Still your point stands though that they’ve been used to something since they were kids essentially

• Like 1

The manager at my store mentions he's been seeing a few of these of warping near the rear/trigger. These were engineered to be stiffer in the front and more flexible in the back. Maybe they're too flexible? I noticed getting the steel into these seems a lot more difficult than with the previous Tuuks...

6 hours ago, MTH said:

One of the kids on my team last season had the toe box of his CCMs actually fall off of his skate while he was putting them on so he just taped it back on so that he could play the game. So now he has bauers. 

Edited by Hockey34