2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

28 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

That graghic looks great, but I kinda wish they would have kept name as mach like they did with hyperlite.

As do I, I like the Mach name. 

I have a feeling that Bauer is hesitant to move away from the Hyperlite name considering how popular the first iteration was. Brand recognition really does help drive sales. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

That graghic looks great, but I kinda wish they would have kept name as mach like they did with hyperlite.

I have seen and touched a Shadow sample, but have not gotten the tech break down. Not sure how much is new yet?

One thing Bauer said to me regarding the HL2 name was to reflect that HL2 was a moderate evolution of Hyperlite. That ties into the marketing popularity, but makes me wonder if Shadow will have more new technology.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have seen and touched a Shadow sample, but have not gotten the tech break down. Not sure how much is new yet?

One thing Bauer said to me regarding the HL2 name was to reflect that HL2 was a moderate evolution of Hyperlite. That ties into the marketing popularity, but makes me wonder if Shadow will have more new technology.

If there is a decent revamp of the pad in the Shadow, that will be three large changes to the Supreme line in consecutive releases. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

As do I, I like the Mach name. 

I have a feeling that Bauer is hesitant to move away from the Hyperlite name considering how popular the first iteration was. Brand recognition really does help drive sales. 

Plus it makes sense as a phrase that relates to a real thing: Mach, Mach 2, Mach 3. .....

The gear could have kept getting faster and faster .

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

No idea what they could possibly do to innovate on Mach besides carry over the bindingless edge and the skin from HL2. Maybe bring back the 2S boot angle for more consistent rebounds? Betting most of the focus for Shadow is on the glove. 

1 hour ago, Urabus33 said:

ProLaces new PUSH model out. Looks like more solid lace and a smidge of bungee.

Very interested to try a set but nearly $80CAD before shipping is steep (about $60USD for use Americans).

https://prolaces.ca/en/products/pro-laces-armor-hybride

original-37109A55-59E5-404D-8977-C972A4E1AD05_700x.jpg

processed-C32B37CC-28DD-4872-A78F-8135176CFC89-9D5B8BA4-3AEB-4BBC-B12C-B8385CF0C1FD_700x.webp

I'll be very curious to see if people prefer these or another brand's version. The bungee zone appears to only be added to help the velcro line up properly

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

No idea what they could possibly do to innovate on Mach besides carry over the bindingless edge and the skin from HL2. Maybe bring back the 2S boot angle for more consistent rebounds? Betting most of the focus for Shadow is on the glove. 

The trend from pretty much everyone is to move away from that solid, raised, fused boot. 

Ultrasonic moved away from that a bit, and Mach even more so. I can't see them reverting back two generations to something that's not sought after in the market. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The trend from pretty much everyone is to move away from that solid, raised, fused boot. 

Ultrasonic moved away from that a bit, and Mach even more so. I can't see them reverting back two generations to something that's not sought after in the market. 

Lame, steep boots were great lol

40 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

36 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Lame, steep boots were great lol

With pad toe box to post becoming the norm for RVH, I'm wondering how much guys are factoring in their pad shape/boot flex & angle to their gear decision process.

Along those lines, I'm kind of wondering if we'll see anything on the underside of pads to help with RVH, like a plastic bar between the toe binding and toe bridge.

image.png.5b92aea191803897fde22e5883bc5203.png

43 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

With pad toe box to post becoming the norm for RVH, I'm wondering how much guys are factoring in their pad shape/boot flex & angle to their gear decision process.

Huge fan of warrior's boot design that's super flexible but has a hard limit thanks to the stiff outer rolls. I think true was the first to bring the toe box to the attention of buyers on 12.2 when they moved the toe bridge more inwards to give a target for the post. 

3 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

ProLaces new PUSH model out. Looks like more solid lace and a smidge of bungee.

Very interested to try a set but nearly $80CAD before shipping is steep (about $60USD for use Americans).

https://prolaces.ca/en/products/pro-laces-armor-hybride

original-37109A55-59E5-404D-8977-C972A4E1AD05_700x.jpg

processed-C32B37CC-28DD-4872-A78F-8135176CFC89-9D5B8BA4-3AEB-4BBC-B12C-B8385CF0C1FD_700x.webp

Woah, I have never seen the velcro wrapped around the ankle like that.  Is this new or did I just miss the boat on this?

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'll be very curious to see if people prefer these or another brand's version. The bungee zone appears to only be added to help the velcro line up properly

Not sure how true it is but Trav said that the next supreme and vapor gloves will be stock vapor 90

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Trav says a lot of things. 

I can't imagine that Bauer has enough consistent sales data on the vapour 90 at the custom level to determine to abandon their other two gloves. 

I know he does it’s honestly kind of bad. 

That’s what I thought too but I just figured I’d put it out there. 

• Like 1