2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

1 hour ago, Hockey34 said:

I know he does it’s honestly kind of bad. 

That’s what I thought too but I just figured I’d put it out there. 

A further comment on his video has a person name-dropping a rep that said something along the lines of, "Bauer has said they'll make one of their mainline gloves a 90deg stock, which model is TBD."

Whether or not that is accurate will be told by time, but it would not surprise me given the influx of hype/love/desire for 90deg gloves. I'm personally most interested to see what other gloves come forward from other companies, like the Vaughn 70deg or whatever the new Brian's glove is (especially with how "beat of their own drum" they are).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Fightin' words! Ha.

In all seriousness,  I wonder how true this with actual numbers,  assuming you mean some version of "mostly white" = "no style."

Pretty much, yeah lol.  For instance, look at Hellebuyck's ASG setup from last year.  It's 90% white with some color added to the outer roll.

Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets makes a save during the game... Foto  di attualità - Getty Images

It's so lazy.  Not blaming him, I'm guessing it was more of True putting it together for him, but still...lazy.  

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Trav says a lot of things. 

I can't imagine that Bauer has enough consistent sales data on the vapour 90 at the custom level to determine to abandon their other two gloves. 

I saw a shadow prototype, it was NOT a 90. However, I don't know how final it was or what it was really.

To my knowledge, Vapor break is #1 seller at retail. Supreme break is #1 use at pro. Theory is that Supreme does not do as well at retail because the goalies are typically smaller than pro goalies and that break suits larger hands more.

I hate the 600 / T5500 break and somehow Mach is definitively my favorite break. The subtle tweaks from US to Mach was a game changer for me.

With that said, if they change something at Retail... Supreme = 90, Vapor stays the same, and Supreme becomes the "cool" custom only option?

FWIW, I love a 90... but I think some of the hype around it is the scarcity. If Supreme becomes custom only, pros stick with it, then I predict that will become "hot" for custom orders. People want what the pros have and they can't get at retail.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Wolf went boring for the off-season, hopefully he gets something better for during the season

70989143-FFE9-4D76-8DFA-54C5D97C7362.jpeg

Did you miss that the CCM logo is red? Plus - and its a big plus - there's a yellow triangle. 

Yellow. 

In-f-n sane.

angry-make-my-explode-head.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I saw a shadow prototype, it was NOT a 90. However, I don't know how final it was or what it was really.

To my knowledge, Vapor break is #1 seller at retail. Supreme break is #1 use at pro. Theory is that Supreme does not do as well at retail because the goalies are typically smaller than pro goalies and that break suits larger hands more.

And that was part of my reasoning too. It would feel to premature for them to full on change a glove offering when their two current options are very popular at both retail and in pro hockey. 

I can see it happening eventually, but after less than a year feels hasty. 

With that said, if they change something at Retail... Supreme = 90, Vapor stays the same, and Supreme becomes the "cool" custom only option?

FWIW, I love a 90... but I think some of the hype around it is the scarcity. If Supreme becomes custom only, pros stick with it, then I predict that will become "hot" for custom orders. People want what the pros have and they can't get at retail

And that ties in to my thought process as well. How much of this surge of everyone wanting a 90 degree break is due to actual function over just hype? 

In a couple years after every brand has their own version and everyone has gotten over the "shiny new toy" aspect (which is ironic), how many people are going to stick with it and not go back to what they're used to? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And that was part of my reasoning too. It would feel to premature for them to full on change a glove offering when their two current options are very popular at both retail and in pro hockey. 

And that ties in to my thought process as well. How much of this surge of everyone wanting a 90 degree break is due to actual function over just hype? 

In a couple years after every brand has their own version and everyone has gotten over the "shiny new toy" aspect (which is ironic), how many people are going to stick with it and not go back to what they're used to? 

Exactly, I joked with CCM that 600 is going on a run

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Been available at pro since OD1N was new? First time available at retail. Custom only right now.

I think it’s been around in some way since before then. I remember a lot of the Quebec league guys having them pre one piece cuff. 

IMG_0533.jpeg

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's crazy to me how badly the 90deg seals the ice when covering the puck. That alone has always been a knock against its function, making me relatively uninterested.

I agree that part of the allure is the scarcity. It'll be most interesting to see what the split is about 5 years from now.

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am not a pro but have been using the Supreme 1S glove for several years now and absolutely love it. and I hate Vapor. What is wrong with me?)))

10 hours ago, ser33 said:

I am not a pro but have been using the Supreme 1S glove for several years now and absolutely love it. and I hate Vapor. What is wrong with me?)))

I had a vapor 2X that I hated so I got a supreme 2Spro and loved it so now I have a supreme MACH which Im in love with and think is even better then the 2Spro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froese said:

Based on the location of the CCM logo and apparent lack of knee rolls (hard to see), are we looking at Skinner in the new Axis pads?

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

It does look like it says AXIS XFpro and looking at the all white set that has been posted the graphic looks like it could be the same.

Yes, and makes you wonder if either Demko or Markstrom are considering the same thing or sticking with Eflex. On the other hand, maybe it's not so spurprising since Axis and Eflex have been moving closer together and the differentiation between the two is becoming less and less, especially with some of the custom options available for Eflex.

Although I say this not knowing how extensive the changes are to the xf pro Axis, which I suppose could be significant.

Edited by froese