Live Log for Site Updates

TheGoalNet

7 hours ago, admin said:

I don't do Facebook, but please feel free to promote the site 

maybe I could ask GGSU for some support, but I'm worried they'll think we are a competitor? 

Please get some threads going guys! 

thr

I am not a facebook person, either. The horror stories of the GGSU people put me off further. Mind- I have never been to GGSU, and it could be wonderful.

But I think this place could grow organically.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 1:39 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I don't do Facebook, but please feel free to promote the site 

maybe I could ask GGSU for some support, but I'm worried they'll think we are a competitor? 

Please get some threads going guys! 

thr

No!  Please!  I know you want traffic but ugh please not those kids lol.

On 2/8/2017 at 9:27 AM, bunnyman666 said:

I am not a facebook person, either. The horror stories of the GGSU people put me off further. Mind- I have never been to GGSU, and it could be wonderful.

But I think this place could grow organically.

Trust me, Bunny, you're not missing anything from there.  Here's a typical rundown from that group:

:Posts a picture of myself in my stance:

"Hey sluts, how's my stance??"

Now multiply this by probably 20 times a day.

:Posts a picture of Carey Price:

"Hey sluts, how do I get hair like Jesus Price?"

or "Hey sluts, how do I strap my pads like this?"

or "Hey sluts what kind of skates does Price use?"

:Posts a picture of VH skates:

"Hey sluts, I keep seeing people posting pictures of these skates, where can I get them?" (Google is your friend, idiot.)

or "Hey sluts, I heard you have to bake these, how do I do that?"  (Again google is your friend, or, maybe try asking the person who built the skates?)

or "Hey sluts, I just got my new VH Skates and I tried baking them at home and they melted,  do you think I can get a refund?"  (I swear on everything holy I just saw this on there either yesterday or the day prior but they were Bauer S190s I think.  They didn't ask about refunds though, I added that for the LOLs.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hills said:

I am on all, I tried to garner some support on Reddit.

The only thing I ask is if you could make a user video section. The part I loved about Goalie Crease Network was being able to follow and discuss goalies beer league seasons.

That is why we are in Beta, I like suggestions and I need some trial and error to see what is possible. 

Did you try posting them in the gallery yet?

An update for everyone...

I am talking with most major OEMs and expect some level of participation. This is the section that will generate our original content. It's my opinion that for this place to work, we need something besides the forum to drive people here.If you are not following me and use IG, please follow @TheGoalNet . The more followers I get on IG, the more clout we have with OEMs to get interviews, gear previews, etc 

If I could just get my e-mail working, we'd really be in business. . . 

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No!  Please!  I know you want traffic but ugh please not those kids lol.

Trust me, Bunny, you're not missing anything from there.  Here's a typical rundown from that group:

:Posts a picture of myself in my stance:

"Hey sluts, how's my stance??"

Now multiply this by probably 20 times a day.

:Posts a picture of Carey Price:

"Hey sluts, how do I get hair like Jesus Price?"

or "Hey sluts, how do I strap my pads like this?"

or "Hey sluts what kind of skates does Price use?"

:Posts a picture of VH skates:

"Hey sluts, I keep seeing people posting pictures of these skates, where can I get them?" (Google is your friend, idiot.)

or "Hey sluts, I heard you have to bake these, how do I do that?"  (Again google is your friend, or, maybe try asking the person who built the skates?)

or "Hey sluts, I just got my new VH Skates and I tried baking them at home and they melted,  do you think I can get a refund?"  (I swear on everything holy I just saw this on there either yesterday or the day prior but they were Bauer S190s I think.  They didn't ask about refunds though, I added that for the LOLs.)

Sounds like as much fun as a barrel of monkeys with razor blades.

Ugh??

I've just registered. I was on both GSBB and GoalieCrease.net. I'll continue with GSBB and see how this one comes along. Too bad about the Crease. I am on Facebook, but never joined GGSU. The name of the group signaled to me that it might be trouble and all reports are that it indeed was. I did join vintage goalie gear group and that one's cool. Facebook is actually fine. It's actually probably one of the most adult (mature not sexay) social networking sites.

14 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Is IG insta gram?   If so I'll ask my wife to follow it. She has all that stuff 

im already thrilled with how easy it is to post pics.  I (computer challenged) can contribute with ease with pictures.  

Instagram. 

Yes- I got MIGHTY tired of having to go to a third party website to post pix. Now I have ZERO excuse for no pix.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Has anyone tested posting a video?

Do you mean in a thread? Or in the Gallery. I couldn't figure out how to do the later.

I submitted a new Topic to get my idea off and running. Please feel free to move it. This site works really well and easy to embed a YouTube video though!

On 2/13/2017 at 9:52 AM, Hills said:

Do you mean in a thread? Or in the Gallery. I couldn't figure out how to do the later.

I submitted a new Topic to get my idea off and running. Please feel free to move it. This site works really well and easy to embed a YouTube video though!

Arab you able to upload a video from your hard drive as an attachment? 

It would be pretty cool if you could get content from the last 12 months from the Goalie Crease Network uploaded into the new site.   That way, we could search on old posts, videos, etc.  Not sure on the legalities or the effort that would require, but it would be nice.  

Hey hey what's up! Hope this new board kicks off nicely... GSBB is too sad.

I tend to agree with others that I'd prefer a goalie board without the GGSU kids.

Anyway, glad someone's trying to revive what we had at GSBB. That was a really informative board with a lot of knowledge and interesting people, but it's dried up.

45 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Hey hey what's up! Hope this new board kicks off nicely... GSBB is too sad.

I tend to agree with others that I'd prefer a goalie board without the GGSU kids.

Anyway, glad someone's trying to revive what we had at GSBB. That was a really informative board with a lot of knowledge and interesting people, but it's dried up.

Hear hear...or here here? lol

Quick update...

in addition to the Factory Mad interview... 

Warrior, PAW, and Passau will all have accounts and post

I'm talking to most OEMs about some form of article to contribute to the pending  sections with original content 

anyone know anything about coding? I'm at a bit of a wall with the homepage layout