Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Live Log for Site Updates

Recommended Posts

Just signed here. Will stay on GSBB too, but this place looks realy comfortable to use B|.

 

btw. for anyone, who can speak czech or slovak language, we got similar forum www.brankarske-forum.sk (old one was all lost due to technical problems, new is growing slowly). Surely it can not be any competition for GSBB even this new forum, so hopefully not mind that I put the link :).

 

 

 

Edited by mik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I spoke with Dennis from Factory Mad today. Awesome interview. I hope to have it up within a couple weeks 

Dennis is an easy bloke to talk with and in general an ASSET to this industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

500 Followers on IG. I'm having a tough time converting IG followers to the Bulletin Board. 

I don't think that would be an easy to thing convert from IG to here. A lot of people want easily digestable pictures and following someone on Instagram is much easier than putting effort to read a forum.

That said... I've been trying to get people on my IG for a year now and have like 20 followers haha, clearly you are doing something right to gain some traction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2017 at 2:30 PM, Hills said:

I don't think that would be an easy to thing convert from IG to here. A lot of people want easily digestable pictures and following someone on Instagram is much easier than putting effort to read a forum.

That said... I've been trying to get people on my IG for a year now and have like 20 followers haha, clearly you are doing something right to gain some traction!

Maybe at least the OEMs will take my IG seriously and help support our board 

I have to admit, the amount of energy it takes to get a discussion started on IG is painless. Trying to get people to migrate here is like herding cats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an organization ocd so I prefer how message boards(or most) have specific areas for specific topics.  FB and IG are just random shit all over the place.  Its just easier to communicate on those platforms, takes less effort.  People prefer that unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I have an organization ocd so I prefer how message boards(or most) have specific areas for specific topics.  FB and IG are just random shit all over the place.  Its just easier to communicate on those platforms, takes less effort.  People prefer that unfortunately.

I agree about that, but I also miss the days of checking GSBB every 2-3 hours and there was always new content. IG provides that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I agree about that, but I also miss the days of checking GSBB every 2-3 hours and there was always new content. IG provides that 

I miss that too.  Honestly I have a hard time keeping up with the clutter of IG. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

For some reason I cannot edit my posts.  Anyone else getting that?

You can only edit for a few minutes. That's why I have so many glaring typos in my posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

You can only edit for a few minutes. That's why I have so many glaring typos in my posts.

Seriously?  That's fucking stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Seriously?  That's fucking stupid.

I have to say that this is a minor inconvenience compared to GSBB. But- I won't disagree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have to say that this is a minor inconvenience compared to GSBB. But- I won't disagree with you.

Haha yea true.  I honestly don't have many problems with it though.  I've leaned to deal with it I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

How about a "Back to top" link at the bottom of every page?

Are you using mobile or desktop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hills said:

Are you using mobile or desktop?

iPhone and iPad usually. 

I guess I can just touch the top of the screen to get to top, can't I? Duh. 

Edited by WillyGrips13
Duh moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did everyone like the Factory Mad piece? The goal is to have at least 1 review or 1 OEM article per week to start. My hope is that articles will help drive content here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was pretty good. Glad to read about him having only seen a few videos of his modded gloves. Only thing I would add is a few quotes from him might give a little more insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, Hills said:

You should be able to edit for more than 5 minutes now.

Still can't go back and edit old posts.  Why is there a time limit at all?  If I wanna go back and edit a post from 3 years ago I should be able to.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:00 AM, WillyGrips13 said:

How about a "Back to top" link at the bottom of every page?

Not a bad idea but like you said, if you're on mobile you can just touch the top of the screen.  If you're on the computer you can just hit the home button.  I wouldn't mind seeing a forum jump drop box though.

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

How did everyone like the Factory Mad piece? The goal is to have at least 1 review or 1 OEM article per week to start. My hope is that articles will help drive content here. 

I started reading it on Sunday before I left work but didn't get a chance to finish.  I'll finish it today while I am here on over time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...