Help Me Design My Next Set

IPv6Freely

I’m trying to figure out a good custom graphic for my next set. It has to be a custom graphic because the glove, blocker, and pads may all be coming from different companies so I can’t use any stock graphics.

Our uniforms are Chicago blackhawks red and id love to integrate that somehow. The Scott Darling sock graphic would be easy and look sharp, but may still be a bit plain for me. 

jp8Gvdi.jpg
0VnEVIj.jpg

I also considered doing a throwback to Ed Belfour’s old pads with the vertical black/white striping but that may be over the top. Something in between would probably be ideal. 

xeOEpFF.png

I’m undecided regarding knee rolls. I do think they make pads look better but if a graphic wouldn’t work with them then I’m totally okay skipping them.

any suggestions/ideas?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Are you thinking of a Passau/Brians mashup?

The glove will be Passau for sure. Undecided on the rest of it. Passau is a maybe. Brian's is likely. Now that CCM entered the 21st century I might look at those too if I can get a demo first. The blocker I may just go Passau also because I like their finger protection. 

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

The glove will be Passau for sure. Undecided on the rest of it. Passau is a maybe. Brian's is likely. Now that CCM entered the 21st century I might look at those too if I can get a demo first. The blocker I may just go Passau also because I like their finger protection. 

But wouldn't going CCM not give you the option to get a custom graphic?

How about a tweaked sock graphic?  Used Warrior just because they have a stock graphic in the vein of what I was thinking.  Could integrate the black/white lines/zones, but punch it up a bit to turn it into it's own kind of graphic.  Probably limits using different colour zones on knee rolls, but I think the rolls might still work in a solid colour.

new sock graphic.JPG

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’m trying to figure out a good custom graphic for my next set. It has to be a custom graphic because the glove, blocker, and pads may all be coming from different companies so I can’t use any stock graphics.

Our uniforms are Chicago blackhawks red and id love to integrate that somehow. The Scott Darling sock graphic would be easy and look sharp, but may still be a bit plain for me. 

jp8Gvdi.jpg
0VnEVIj.jpg

I also considered doing a throwback to Ed Belfour’s old pads with the vertical black/white striping but that may be over the top. Something in between would probably be ideal. 

xeOEpFF.png

I’m undecided regarding knee rolls. I do think they make pads look better but if a graphic wouldn’t work with them then I’m totally okay skipping them.

any suggestions/ideas?

if you want you could get vertical stitching to give the look of knee rolls w/o knee rolls

You are all close but very wrong.

Trevor Kidd is the best answer, and @IPv6Freelyneeds to grow a nice mullet out to complete the look.

Marvel at how Brian's even colored the straps to match the graphic...
Also notice the puck foils under the boot binding

image.png.05008a16edba0f0f7ba116e57bb500d3.png

The SWAGGER!

image.png.086e4b837aae360390b2b27902b8cee8.png

THE GLOVE POSITIONING

image.png.60c8367778143a0d23b5f388efdbc1e2.png

THE ACTION FIGURE

image.png.691f3adcc438437e7a7ffa9fd77cc8c7.png

16 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

You are all close but very wrong.

Trevor Kidd is the best answer, and @IPv6Freelyneeds to grow a nice mullet out to complete the look.

Marvel at how Brian's even colored the straps to match the graphic...
Also notice the puck foils under the boot binding

image.png.05008a16edba0f0f7ba116e57bb500d3.png

The SWAGGER!

image.png.086e4b837aae360390b2b27902b8cee8.png

THE GLOVE POSITIONING

image.png.60c8367778143a0d23b5f388efdbc1e2.png

THE ACTION FIGURE

image.png.691f3adcc438437e7a7ffa9fd77cc8c7.png

Meh, that's been overdone the last couple years.

15 hours ago, braedub90 said:

@IPv6Freely Here's a little mock-up with an incorporated sock graphic. I didn't want to attempt the glove, as I am only working with Paint. It's a little different, but maybe something like this?

chicago_socks1.thumb.png.0592db40a05005376cd650c4f64a0061.png

I'm not a fan, however it does show me that possibly combining a sock graphic with something else might actually look good. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm not a fan, however it does show me that possibly combining a sock graphic with something else might actually look good. Thank you!

Glad to help, that was the point of it.

Maybe look at some graphics that have caught your eye, and see if you can tweak it to include a sock graphic

58 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Meh, that's been overdone the last couple years.

just eliminating the socks from the background could be cool. Or do the hawks sock stripe on the same swooping angle top to bottom. 

3 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

He had a nice idea with the throwback checkered set, but he added these flames over top of it which ruined the whole set for me. Just ugh.

that was supposed to incorporate the felix potvin graphic image.png.bd2592d6f675ef05b40748f2f03528a4.png

Archived