R GT/2

TheGoalNet

52 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

@coopaloop1234 and I have discussed the GT2 graphics ad nauseam... I'm in the same boat as him... although I don't have regular team or uni's... But this is what I've designed so far @Puckstopper I completely am thinking of going back to a "boring" white based set:

White.PNG.c48694c5fa1f890bee453a8b8e27b470.PNG992689813_ScreenShot2019-04-16at2_59_33PM.png.1afa85fa3bc3bee3a0e427f5f019c10a.png.ddf0388ee8926d3d1a04cd9731fd6ab7.png

And as always part of me would love to go retro but am unwilling to make the leap:

Retro.PNG.ffbb1baf1e21691bab8480d46a277740.PNG

Retro tan is a hard sell on modern designed pads. I like retro tan on something with knee rolls and vertical stitching, but it looks like wearing cardboard on anything without those design cues. That us why I end up chucking every customiser that uses retro tan- it just never looks right for me. 

Knee rolls... Check

Vertical stiching... Sort of check

Retro classic GT2s are some of the best retro options out there right now, although I do wish Warrior used the Bucky color that Brian's and Vaughn use instead of camel.  

CW, I didn't mean my comments as a shot at all white pads.  My last three sets have been some variation on stock white and I'm personally eager for a change.  Also damn near the entire pad wall at the store I work at is white.  We got some all black EF4.9s in last week and people haven't been able to keep their hands off them.  I think the market is moving darker.

11 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Knee rolls... Check

Retro classic GT2s are some of the best retro options out there right now, although I do wish Warrior used the Bucky color that Brian's and Vaughn use instead of camel.  

CW, I didn't mean my comments as a shot at all white pads.  My last three sets have been some variation on stock white and I'm personally eager for a change.  Also damn near the entire pad wall at the store I work at is white.  We got some all black EF4.9s in last week and people haven't been able to keep their hands off them.  I think the market is moving darker.

None taken... I've been black based my last 3:

1920059_10153541971990041_6195672592399440714_n.jpg.5d9445d69abc8bbd9c09bb214315f943.jpg

passau.thumb.jpeg.2902feccf73093f8c87e4f5e58272a11.jpeg

Gt.thumb.png.52caf02a3ea27cccc61add0654ae06a5.png

16 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Knee rolls... Check

I don’t disagree, i just wish the silly graphics weren’t there. 

Highlight of the day yesterday... Popped into an LHS, the only licensed Warrior rep in town, to see the GT2s.  He said they won't have any for 2-3 weeks, which was annoying to say the least.

He then tried telling me about "Differing dates for Canadian and American release."  At which point I laughed at him and took him to school on gear... At one point his co-worker starting laughing and said "Maybe he should work here."

Most days when I go to local stores its like:

Image result for ron swanson i know more than you gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

2 with more green and less white.

Honestly, I feel just the opposite.  I'd like to see less of the neon and either use black or white for the bindings.  The green really pops when surrounded by mostly black but the little bit of white on set 2 is eye catching.  If he made a smaller area white I'd be afraid of losing the effect.  Again, with the neon colors a little bit goes a LONG way. 

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Honestly, I feel just the opposite.  I'd like to see less of the neon and either use black or white for the bindings.  The green really pops when surrounded by mostly black but the little bit of white on set 2 is eye catching.  If he made a smaller area white I'd be afraid of losing the effect.  Again, with the neon colors a little bit goes a LONG way. 

I can see what you’re saying. But as I say- this is why G’d invented chocolate, vanilla and mint ice cream AS WELL AS the freedom to mix the flavours if we wish!  

Appreciate the responses guys. It's funny, guys on the team are pushing for set #1 as they want to get a set of white jerseys. Fiancee is also a fan of #1

Black set matches our current jerseys very well.

@bunnyman666 @Puckstopper I'd have to agree with puckstopper on this one. Here's an idea what the neon green and black set would look like.

Untitled.png.3fe1291faf242f0dec74994e27e70357.png 

Looks good, just doesn't fit with the jerseys. Plus as puckstopper said, the white adds a different layer to it and makes it stand out a bit.

1599261940_CBChamps-2019.thumb.jpg.0728c909bccfe04f1728b59a5aca38f0.jpg

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I can see what you’re saying. But as I say- this is why G’d invented chocolate, vanilla and mint ice cream AS WELL AS the freedom to mix the flavours if we wish!  

See above^ 

As long as you can use these posts to work out what will work best with your sweaters, that is the object, no?

Any way you go will look fantastic; I am a big Kawasaki Green fan!