Vaughn PVE 2

Max27

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Max27 said:

its visually distracting to shooters!!!1!1!!!!1!11

and presents a taller appearance to the shooter....ha.

I read something ridiculous on Sideline Swap today. 

It was in one of the blurbs below the goalie gear sections about differences in brands, styles, etc.

It said (paraphrasing): Vaughn uses magnetically clipped straps (true) for the ultimate customization and a more snug fit (not true).

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

and presents a taller appearance to the shooter....ha.

I read something ridiculous on Sideline Swap today. 

It was in one of the blurbs below the goalie gear sections about differences in brands, styles, etc.

It said (paraphrasing): Vaughn uses magnetically clipped straps (true) for the ultimate customization and a more snug fit (not true).

It provides a snug fit that probably comes off every couple minutes lmao

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Haha. 

I had 1 come undone in a whole year now.  They're pretty good.

i think its a cool idea I just dont personally get the point of them over just using the great system the SLR1 and 2s have. Seems like change for the sake of change.

22 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i think its a cool idea I just dont personally get the point of them over just using the great system the SLR1 and 2s have. Seems like change for the sake of change.

That's fair. 

If the velcro strap over the calf had more of a Y shape it could easily replace the elastic magnet straps on VE8 pads.  They don't do that much except (maybe?) keep the outer calf wrap from flapping out a bit. I could likely ditch them and never know the difference but they weigh nothing and take less than a second to use so I haven't.

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in the PVE 2019 line, Chris Dudo from GoalieMonkey and Ev Bommarito from Vaughn USA did a great live Instagram video on the PVE line and the insane Dudo-Spec that he just got.

Ev also confirms at the end that the V2 swirl graphic is now back in the fold and available via custom order.

• 2 months later...

Archived