Ritual X2

motowngoalie

Just now, cwarnar said:

Ya.  If these are the "new" style knee pads that will be included in a GT2 pad purchase

Gotcha! I misunderstood your initial question.  The knee pads included with purchase of GT2 leg pads are not the same colors/logo as R/X2.  Like on G3, GT & G4 the knee pads included with GT2 leg pads will be GT2 grey knee pads.  

3 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Gotcha! I misunderstood your initial question.  The knee pads included with purchase of GT2 leg pads are not the same colors/logo as R/X2.  Like on G3, GT & G4 the knee pads included with GT2 leg pads will be GT2 grey knee pads.  

Thanks Kirk.  Will there be a "pro" model of the R/X2 as well?

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Thanks Kirk.  Will there be a "pro" model of the R/X2 as well?

Yes, there will be two Pro models in R/X2 line.  

R/X2 Pro+ is based on the R/X Pro design with a wide profile for more coverage at the knee.

R/X2 Pro is based on the R/X Pro design with a narrow profile for improved mobility in a Pro construction.

49 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Yes, there will be two Pro models in R/X2 line.  

R/X2 Pro+ is based on the R/X Pro design with a wide profile for more coverage at the knee.

R/X2 Pro is based on the R/X Pro design with a narrow profile for improved mobility in a Pro construction.

any significant improvements over the old Warrior knee pads?

On 4/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, Waldo said:

Custom smu, part g4 part gt 

Aside from the plastic components and the added padding in between the seams on the body, the GT1 and G4 are essentially identical units.

This new one doesn't have the plastic or the extra padding so I'm curious how this one would be a blend?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Aside from the plastic components and the added padding in between the seams on the body, the GT1 and G4 are essentially identical units.

This new one doesn't have the plastic or the extra padding so I'm curious how this one would be a blend?

This is on Pure Goalie's website now in the OP and is listed as a Pure Goalie exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:25 PM, seagoal said:

I just picked up a pair of the X2 Pro + knee pads.  Pretty excited about them.  I can give my thoughts and comparisons to my current Ritual Pro knee pads.   And....they now come in sexy black.  Nice.

image.thumb.png.03b0929262ca949b34df7cf56801484b.png

Got these too. Didn’t use them yet 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Got these too. Didn’t use them yet 

Nice.  I used mine for the first time tonight and I really loved them.  I'm so impressed with how comfortable they are in combination with their exceptional protection.  I'm very glad I chose to upgrade my old Ritual Pros to these.  

There seems to be a lot of question and concern about knee pad bulkiness, in general, and with the difference between the X2 Pro and Pro +.

I snapped a few pics in the locker room today of my Pro + knee pads on my knee.  I ended up loosening the straps just a bit before fully suiting up and I should mention that I do tape around all 3 straps for more conformity overall and to prevent velcro abrasion on my socks.

This should give a good sense of the bulk of these.  For what it's worth, I'm 5'10 165 lbs. 

20190506_201228.jpg

20190506_201038.jpg

20190506_201104.jpg

20190506_201043.jpg

20190506_201117.jpg

• 1 month later...

Decided to get the X2 Pro+ since I prefer larger kneepads and wanted the best possible landing. First skate on them was great on Monday! Really soft landing, great protection, and very comfortable after a small strap adjustment (slight loosening of the angled knee-calf wing strap on my G3s).

Only one concern was that they slipped a bit on me while getting ready, so to preempt this I used the lace attachments on them and my pants to hold them up, and it worked great for an hour skate of drills and 3 on 3 half ice. 

Previous to this I was in the 1X kneepads, which I loved for protection and stability, but felt were lacking in comfort for the knee landing. That became much more noticeable when I went from CCM Premier 1s with a maltese insert to G3s, naturally!

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

@coopaloop1234 Can you elaborate on what you mean by plastic components?  Where are they and what differences did this make between the G4 and GT1?  I have the G4 senior unit so I'm curious.

Archived