TGN's Living Bauer 2X Pro Deep Dive

TheGoalNet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheGoalNet Great video! A few questions you could maybe answer for your deep dive video:

1. How does the new Quattro ivory blocker palm material feel in comparison to the dark Quattro material in the 1X/1S blocker palm?

2. The 1X had a pinky stall instead of a pinky loop. Is the 2X pinky loop straight leather or is there some nash material on it like on the thumb loop?

3. How is leg pad sizing? Pretty accurate to CCM, etc?

4. One of the common complaints about the 1X blocker was how the index finger protection got in the way of holding and using your stick. How is it on the 2X?

24 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Four things:

1. I like the colour scheme and the colour looks vibrant, better than some examples I've seen in person
2. Why the white binding on the boot?
3. Why a white back of the pad?
4. Cut yo' nails son.

2. The biggest perk of getting some of the demo gear is that I get it early access. The downside is that the proper customizer and order forms don't always exist yet or are not finalized. Unfortunately, the white bottom binding was a detail that got lost in an email thread or a crude MS Paint customizer. If you order these with the proper customizer on Bauer's website, there should be no concerns. In my case... C'est la vie!

3. No option

4. See that nasty blood blister on my index finger?!?! Slammed a door on my finger the other day at like 2am

15 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

@TheGoalNet Great video! A few questions you could maybe answer for your deep dive video:

1. How does the new Quattro ivory blocker palm material feel in comparison to the dark Quattro material in the 1X/1S blocker palm?

2. The 1X had a pinky stall instead of a pinky loop. Is the 2X pinky loop straight leather or is there some nash material on it like on the thumb loop?

3. How is leg pad sizing? Pretty accurate to CCM, etc?

4. One of the common complaints about the 1X blocker was how the index finger protection got in the way of holding and using your stick. How is it on the 2X?

1. don't have them side by side... sorry! but it feels great.

2. I'll get some pics up later.

3. 10 3/4"

4. Will use the blocker today and report back

I won't understand the placement of the Bauer logo on the glove w/ the stock graphic (being a different color zone than the rest of the set)... but anxious to hear more about everything. 

1. Did you say you did opt for the Powelite thigh?
  2. Toe attachment: Is that attachment piece the same regardless of HAL, CRS, or Skate lace? Wondering how it would integrate with say slapping on a set of Hybrid ProLaces.
  3. I think its sort funny they include a carrying loop... but they don't offer  an accessory like Brian's etc.
  4. 51 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

2. The biggest perk of getting some of the demo gear is that I get it early access. The downside is that the proper customizer and order forms don't always exist yet or are not finalized. Unfortunately, the white bottom binding was a detail that got lost in an email thread or a crude MS Paint customizer. If you order these with the proper customizer on Bauer's website, there should be no concerns. In my case... C'est la vie!

Does the same go for the white lacing?

10 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I won't understand the placement of the Bauer logo on the glove w/ the stock graphic (being a different color zone than the rest of the set)... but anxious to hear more about everything. 

1. Did you say you did opt for the Powelite thigh?
  2. Toe attachment: Is that attachment piece the same regardless of HAL, CRS, or Skate lace? Wondering how it would integrate with say slapping on a set of Hybrid ProLaces.
  3. I think its sort funny they include a carrying loop... but they don't offer  an accessory like Brian's etc.
  4. Does the same go for the white lacing?

1. Stock pads, didn’t get the 2S thigh rise 

2. I believe that’s only option. Untie the Hal elastic and you can tie in whatever you want. This is the same as the Brian’s GNetik IV

3. I hate that strap 😂. That’s just too nerdy for me. Tie the skate lace through the loop and couldn’t be easier 

4. Yup 

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

All the texturing on the leg channel is killing me. I hate it. It makes the it look like they just slapped some plastic on the pad and called it a leg channel.

I wonder what Jony Ives goalie gear would look like...

Wow, I'm surprised those Monster HAL straps showed up with the pads on time!

Joking aside, the texturing doesn't look as awful to me with all of the deep colours you've chosen. I wonder how much R&D went into getting the texturing right, especially on the gloves. That could not have been trivial, but to me I think they should have focused on other things instead (i.e. sliding surface binding). 

9 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Wow, I'm surprised those Monster HAL straps showed up with the pads on time!

Actually thought these were the low point of the pads during my skate today... Either the bungee sucks compared to Pro Laces or it's way too long. I took it in once and will do it again before my next skate.

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Actually thought these were the low point of the pads during my skate today... Either the bungee sucks compared to Pro Laces or it's way too long. I took it in once and will do it again before my next skate.

Interesting. I would have thought that Bauer would pay the licencing fee to get something better than what they could make themselves, or maybe this is just a fact of their mass production or the HAL design itself? I don't own HALs so I don't know if this has been a problem before.

20 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Interesting. I would have thought that Bauer would pay the licencing fee to get something better than what they could make themselves, or maybe this is just a fact of their mass production or the HAL design itself? I don't own HALs so I don't know if this has been a problem before.

My understanding of the situation; Bauer is the big guy in hockey and they are sensitive to copying smaller companies. They want their IP respected, so they respect others ( This is why they don't have the extended knee block with the landing pad as I've head). As a result, they worked out a deal to license the design instead of just copying it.

8 minutes ago, heyclaytay said:

With an offset T I notice. I take it Bauer will not let you customize anything with the T like CCM does? For example single straight T with a +"1 pocket?

nope, cant customize it like that. you get single T or double T 

Did the gloves stay dry? Big surprise they aren't using their 37.5 in the line. From my experience with base layers but more importantly, player gloves with 37.5, it does WONDERS with keeping the mitts much more dry than any of their other liners. Would've made sense if they stuck with it on at least the trapper. 

2 hours ago, heyclaytay said:

With an offset T I notice. I take it Bauer will not let you customize anything with the T like CCM does? For example single straight T with a +"1 pocket?

Unfortunately not. +1 single T is the 🐐 

Although, I normally steer away from a double T, I’d definitely consider a double T here because of the depth limitation 

Out of the box closure is pretty close to GNetik IV, really good that way 

@Aquilzz Did an hour with 1 shooter. Was gased and dripping sweat post skate. Glove wasn’t overly wet 

Archived