TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Mrazek to Warrior CR1

Schneider, Darling, Talbot, and now Mrazek 

Jones is testing one in practice 

Congrats to @Kirk3190 and the team, glad to see Warrior stepping up the options for composites 

Mrazek was always using Warriors, so I am curious if that stick is a painted foam core or a legit CR1. Jones on the other hand is was using a Vaughn for a while so that is a good pick up for Warrior.

@gp34 - Budaj was nice enough to comment on 1 of our IG posts... 

He wants to stay in Reactors (X60s) and Bauer won't make him anymore. That is why he was testing 1X. I also heard he has EF3s being built, but that is not confrimed by Budaj or CCM. 

I love the latest and greatest, but I admire a guy for knowing what he is comfortable in. 

2 hours ago, Moose75 said:

The most offensive image to goalies everywhere. All three sets of pads being "worn" incorrectly and they're a full wrong goalie on top of it! 

Edit: that tape job is also abhorrent.

The gloves are on the "right" hands. But I want to know where I can get a jersey that big

We were talking about endorsement deals in the NHL earlier in this thread, well, this morning, in the newspaper, Theodore just spoke about his $350k/year deal with Itech. So what I've been told was true. Still, that money was nothing compared to the $6M/year he was earning and he's talking about how he ditched the contract with Itech to go back with Vaughn because he had a bad start. He says that it had nothing to do with the gear, just confidence.

@chakal - 2 things

1. Thanks for sharing! Is there a link to that Article in English? 

2. I will confirm again you are dead on with numbers, I have heard some of the endorsement numbers "off the record". To my knowledge, Price and Hank are the only ones earning above that. However, anyone would price match Price so it does give him sticking with CCM some merit to his happiness with their product. 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@chakal - 2 things

1. Thanks for sharing! Is there a link to that Article in English? 

2. I will confirm again you are dead on with numbers, I have heard some of the endorsement numbers "off the record". To my knowledge, Price and Hank are the only ones earning above that. However, anyone would price match Price so it does give him sticking with CCM some merit to his happiness with their product. 

It's only in French. Theodore has a full page for his comments every Tuesdays in Le Journal de Montréal.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/11/28/les-vedettes-et-montreal

7 minutes ago, chakal said:

It's only in French. Theodore has a full page for his comments every Tuesdays in Le Journal de Montréal.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/11/28/les-vedettes-et-montreal

Thanks for the read. That was the first real practice at french i've had since highschool french immersion.

Don't understand why Theodore is up in arms about sending Lindgren down. Price is a workhorse, sending him down only allows him to keep playing and working on his game. Keeping Niemi on the pine is the smarter move.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Thanks for the read. That was the first real practice at french i've had since highschool french immersion.

Don't understand why Theodore is up in arms about sending Lindgren down. Price is a workhorse, sending him down only allows him to keep playing and working on his game. Keeping Niemi on the pine is the smarter move.

I think that too. Sending someone in the minors isn't a punishment like it used to in the past. And goalies are binary, you're playing or you're not playing at all. Not like a forward or d-man, for them you can manage the ice time, it's easier to add a forward/d-man to a line-up.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:09 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Price went with shorter wraps on his pads. Before we get with the Vaughn V2 conspiracy theories, I have it from a very trusted source... Price was looking for more breathability and that’s why he changed 

He's been playing lights out since he came back.

Wonder if he was bothered by that "lower body injury" earlier in the season.

Conspiracy theorist in me says that the "LBI" was really an excuse to get him off the ice/out of the limelight while his new white-based gear was in production

Edit

Does he still tape his ankles?  Thought he stopped doing that when he switched out of Graf

Archived