2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Raanta's new Optik set..... WOW

Perfectly done. Not too overwhelming like Hank's custom graphic, yet still holds that Yotes vibe. Color balances are perfect too. Not too much Phoenix red or black, and that sand color will break up and accent it nicely. 

If Brian's ever did a modern Beast series, this could have been the graphic. Also could be a modern twist on the Potvin Koho graphic, which is why I probably like it so much. When I was a wee lad, Potvin's setups, especially the purple cat pads when he was in LA, were always my favorite.

felix.jpg

on an unrelated note: if only the Coyotes could fix their howling sound effects to the proper canine. That's a wolf howl, not a coyote one. Coyotes are much higher pitched, and at times really whiny in tone. 

5 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Subban's Vegas mask debuted the other day. Not bad. But I think I was expecting more considering it's still a new team where lots of ideas are still out there. I thought it was a Florida mask for a moment.

Neat paint on the cage. I like the different take, not just trying to make the cage disappear into the mask paint. Kind of reminds me of a sunburst guitar. 

14 hours ago, Moose75 said:

on an unrelated note: if only the Coyotes could fix their howling sound effects to the proper canine. That's a wolf howl, not a coyote one. Coyotes are much higher pitched, and at times really whiny in tone. 

I think that is probably why they use a wolf over a coyote.  A whiny howl doesn't sound very intimidating.

9 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Subban's Vegas mask debuted the other day. Not bad. But I think I was expecting more considering it's still a new team where lots of ideas are still out there. I thought it was a Florida mask for a moment.

How could you not tell its Knights mask with all of the (The Rock voice over) Millions...AND MILLIONS of Knights logos ghosted all over it?  I'm kidding, at first sight I can see why you would think that.

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

DaveArt’s latest trend definitely seems to be splashes of accent paint on the cage 

I don't mind that to be honest.  It looks pretty good.

13 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

This looks like it was done up pretty quickly. I don't really care for it.

Archived