2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I can somewhat corroborate this. I remember flipping through pics of one of the factory tours that was put on a couple years ago.  I forget if it was of the Lefevre factory or of Protechsport. 

One of the prominent pieces that was displayed was a mold of Roy’s head with a huge dimple coming out of it, so that no one would be able to make another shell off that mold. 

Probably Lefevre since Protechsport is literally in his basement. :D

On 12/6/2017 at 7:46 AM, Kayen said:

Only the guy that's been discussed all page long.

People were talking about a Penguins goalie so I wasn't paying attention.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:37 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Penguins backup goalie.

Thanks, had never heard of him.

3 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

Tristan Jarry - had a yellow knob and the refs noticed and made him add white.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Price in Vaughn pants... 

I guess pants are not part of his endorsement deal with CCM? Or maybe he's pulling an Ovi (during his first CCM stint) or even Crosby a couple years ago by trying out a blacked out stick from another brand. Either way, this makes zero difference to the average Joe who mainly sees the pads and stick.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

I guess pants are not part of his endorsement deal with CCM? Or maybe he's pulling an Ovi (during his first CCM stint) or even Crosby a couple years ago by trying out a blacked out stick from another brand. Either way, this makes zero difference to the average Joe who mainly sees the pads and stick.

Wouldn't be surprised. Other pros wear different chest protectors and pants than their endorsement. That or older models (Crawford's neo-Heaton chest protector). If I recall, Lundqvist uses Vaughn pants, Vaughn chest protector, has Bauer-skinned Vaughn foam core sticks, and I have heard rumors that prior to the Od1n line the internals of his pads were made by Vaughn, though those were rumors a ref friend told me.

Here's some Patterson-Gimlin film quality pictures of Devils prospect Mackenzie Blackwood's new CCM Premier 2's. The colorway makes it look like a devils tail! Matches perfectly! This is significant because he's been in heavily modified Velocity XR 7's since last year. He's been struggling mightily this season and used to wear the 'Bok, so this move makes sense.

PS: Mackenzie Blackwood sounds like some kind of wizard name from Harry Potter, doesn't it?

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.09.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.10.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.10.14 PM.jpg

UPDATE: A slightly better look until I can find a game photo. That Devils logo is atrocious.

5a2c9be0d107d_ScreenShot2017-12-09at9_27_08PM.thumb.jpg.0681bc59ff81787f7d57c5a2f35826d5.jpg

15 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Wouldn't be surprised. Other pros wear different chest protectors and pants than their endorsement. That or older models (Crawford's neo-Heaton chest protector). If I recall, Lundqvist uses Vaughn pants, Vaughn chest protector, has Bauer-skinned Vaughn foam core sticks, and I have heard rumors that prior to the Od1n line the internals of his pads were made by Vaughn, though those were rumors a ref friend told me.

Right on the pants and chesty, but his sticks are all Bauer. Not even foam core. I've played with one and it feels like a piece of ply-wood LOL. 

On 29/11/2017 at 10:02 PM, Chenner29 said:

He's been playing lights out since he came back.

Wonder if he was bothered by that "lower body injury" earlier in the season.

Conspiracy theorist in me says that the "LBI" was really an excuse to get him off the ice/out of the limelight while his new white-based gear was in production

Edit

Does he still tape his ankles?  Thought he stopped doing that when he switched out of Graf

Apparently the 2 piece VH Skates was causing his ankles and knees significant discomfort due to the higher attack angle. He tried them last pre-season and couldn't get used to them then, and seems to have hurt himself a bit forcing the use of them again this season. He likes the Graf cowlings and doesn't want to change it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the way he plays, and his consistency, that ironically contributed to this.

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Exactly! Vaughn doesn’t pay the licensing fee and and CCM does. Vaughn = color matched logo and you can’t see it in most photos 

I get that but what I meant was there was nothing to see in the pictures you circled in the previous post to denote those as Vaughn pants.  This post you can at least see the Vaughn logo.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I get that but what I meant was there was nothing to see in the pictures you circled in the previous post to denote those as Vaughn pants.  This post you can at least see the Vaughn logo.

Had what I had at that time, haha 

but it was kinda obvious, no logo usually equals Vaughn. 

23 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Budaj is some unbranded Pads!

confirmed directly, these are not Factory Mad 

could be JRZ. Jax Taylor, who knows a lot of pro goalies, said Budajs buddy is making them...

See- the comment that JRZ could be making them makes a TONNE of sense. Why would JRZ go riding quietly into the sunset after Bauer is ultimately going 100% off shore? It would make sense to pay an up and coming, young company with literally a few designs and an up and coming presence to go away, but JRZ is a contractor like many other factories, including the factories making the off-shore made goods. 

I hope that possibly, JRZ makes a go. I don’t like their catch gloves, but they make nice stuff, otherwise. 

9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

See- the comment that JRZ could be making them makes a TONNE of sense. Why would JRZ go riding quietly into the sunset after Bauer is ultimately going 100% off shore? It would make sense to pay an up and coming, young company with literally a few designs and an up and coming presence to go away, but JRZ is a contractor like many other factories, including the factories making the off-shore made goods. 

I hope that possibly, JRZ makes a go. I don’t like their catch gloves, but they make nice stuff, otherwise. 

It is a R9000 without kneerolls from JRZ. The R9000 were great pads, only tried them in store but I understand that someone loving them have hard time switching to 1S or 1X.

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Budaj is some unbranded Pads!

confirmed directly, these are not Factory Mad 

could be JRZ. Jax Taylor, who knows a lot of pro goalies, said Budajs buddy is making them...

GoalieGearNerd followed up with another post confirming that these are made by JRZ.

Archived