Bauer 2X Discoloration

Etienne Bonneau

Hi everyone,

I am a local retailer and a client of mine ordered a custom set of Bauer Vapor 2X Pro less than one month ago and he came back to me today because his pads are starting to discolor already. When he received his set, the pads, blocker and glove were all the same red, now one pad is more red than the other and the gloves are more red than both pads. I took some pictures to send to Bauer, but it's not as apparent in the photos as in person. Anyone knows exactly why or has this happened to anyone else?? Thanks

AF1QipNGW5yd4s9gKtu89QUz0N8_AKNoVdoqiQAW0bFZ=s512-p-qv=p3lcnuhlcval7q9iagfubk93h1fcuoall,m=3e7067538e1eb4e293ce4a16aa7a6897,x=,t=25-iv526?key=ZVg0N2dsUmhYY1pHc0s4UXZEU3l6cU9QUUdlajJ3AF1QipNanyqfV4t0aEdc152NiGOVJG2gwU4kC7NwnwEg=s512-p-qv=p3lcnuhlcval7q9iagfubk93h1fcuoall,m=3e7067538e1eb4e293ce4a16aa7a6897,x=,t=25-iv526?key=ZVg0N2dsUmhYY1pHc0s4UXZEU3l6cU9QUUdlajJ3

When you had the pads did you run your hand over the line where the discoloration is? Just from the pictures and how crisp that line is, top and bottom, on both pads, almost identical, it appears that that area has almost a second layer on it. When I first glanced it looked like the pad had been repaired or had pad wrap added by the boot break, where the discoloration is. Not only is the red different but also the white and black are as well. And you can clearly see a line all the way across the pad, which is visual on any pad I have held in stores. 

I mean if you zoom in you can see there is a white line running through the puck marks where the discoloration begins. To me, not having the pads in front of me, this looks like the boot area, above and below the break, have new “leather” added there. I would ask your client about that. 

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I wonder if the skin, like many things digitally printed or sublimated, is heat sensitive/activated, therefore could be susceptible to variances in colour? I know sublimation transfer paper can be somewhat temperamental. 

Yeah but it has been less than one month since the client got his pads, it is a quick disocloration. I wonder if the red in the middle zone of @TheGoalNet pads is still as crisp as when he received them.

6 hours ago, kyledjean said:

When you had the pads did you run your hand over the line where the discoloration is? Just from the pictures and how crisp that line is, top and bottom, on both pads, almost identical, it appears that that area has almost a second layer on it. When I first glanced it looked like the pad had been repaired or had pad wrap added by the boot break, where the discoloration is. Not only is the red different but also the white and black are as well. And you can clearly see a line all the way across the pad, which is visual on any pad I have held in stores. 

The area on the boot is reinforced by a second layer, my guess is that Bauer is doing that now on the 2X Pro to reinforce the boot break because I heard they had some durability issues there on some of the first 2X Pro pads they made. But that is not the problem, the layer on the boot is understandable, it is the discloration of the CORETECH in the middle zone of the pads that is weird. The pictures don't show it very well, but in person, the red on the pads looks desaturated compared to the blocker and glove.

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

i think its a bigger issue that this is going on the 5th gen of bauer pads and they're still "figuring things out" with the whole printing concept.

Bauer is most focused on improving the performance of the gear. The 2020 line will stick this flag in the ground aggressively.

The printing has come leaps and bounds and will continue to get better. I don’t doubt that not every set is perfect, but it’d be naive to realize how much better the technology is compared to Freddy’s R6 outdoor set. 

The durability is also way improved compared with the earlier stuff 

On 11/23/2019 at 10:45 AM, Etienne Bonneau said:

Hi everyone,

I am a local retailer and a client of mine ordered a custom set of Bauer Vapor 2X Pro less than one month ago and he came back to me today because his pads are starting to discolor already. When he received his set, the pads, blocker and glove were all the same red, now one pad is more red than the other and the gloves are more red than both pads. I took some pictures to send to Bauer, but it's not as apparent in the photos as in person. Anyone knows exactly why or has this happened to anyone else?? Thanks

AF1QipNGW5yd4s9gKtu89QUz0N8_AKNoVdoqiQAW0bFZ=s512-p-qv=p3lcnuhlcval7q9iagfubk93h1fcuoall,m=3e7067538e1eb4e293ce4a16aa7a6897,x=,t=25-iv526?key=ZVg0N2dsUmhYY1pHc0s4UXZEU3l6cU9QUUdlajJ3AF1QipNanyqfV4t0aEdc152NiGOVJG2gwU4kC7NwnwEg=s512-p-qv=p3lcnuhlcval7q9iagfubk93h1fcuoall,m=3e7067538e1eb4e293ce4a16aa7a6897,x=,t=25-iv526?key=ZVg0N2dsUmhYY1pHc0s4UXZEU3l6cU9QUUdlajJ3

I’m a bit confused what is what in the second pictures, but assuming the glove does not match pads, it’s probably because the glove does use CORtech skin and the pads do? I forgot the name of the technology, maybe that’s why?

hopefully Bauer takes care of the customer, I full respect that when you buy that gear, you’ll hold to the highest standard.

I agree with Bunny that maybe something overlooked  caused the issue? Like the pads are stored in a room with direct sunlight and maybe that’s a bad idea? I know it sucks if something like that is culprit, but hopefully Bauer takes care of him and they can Indentity the root cause 

Archived