2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You couldn't find all black in a store for immediate pickup?

Unfortunately not, especially a full right set here in distant Finland. The hockey stores here are "a little" not so well equipped than in USA or Canada. Mostly all you can find here without custom ordering, are white based basic sets of CCM or Bauer. Luckily there are nowadays some all black Warrior sets available but once again, not in full right. ☹️

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

16 weeks to get my names on an all black glove and blocker.  Yea, I'd rather just get them from the store without my name on them.  @TresPasser post your mod list for the set.

Nothing extra special, just something I have liked in my previous sets and which fit to my style. I usually use one set for 3-5 seasons so one of the most important things is the durability.

Here is the mod list:

Pads:
- FLX
- 36+2"
- Stiff knee stack
- Sliding toe bridge

Blocker
- Nothing extra, just colors.

Catcher
- Double T pocket
- Skate lace pocket
- Practice beef palm
- Eyes embroidery to the tip of the pocket

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Buddy, he's one of those goofy handed goalies. Very doubtful they had a full right set in store in all black.

That's true. Maybe some boring all white CCM/Bauer with game ready palm. I had enough of all white sets in the 90's at Koho Evolution era. ?

13 hours ago, TresPasser said:

Unfortunately not, especially a full right set here in distant Finland. The hockey stores here are "a little" not so well equipped than in USA or Canada. Mostly all you can find here without custom ordering, are white based basic sets of CCM or Bauer. Luckily there are nowadays some all black Warrior sets available but once again, not in full right. ☹️

Nothing extra special, just something I have liked in my previous sets and which fit to my style. I usually use one set for 3-5 seasons so one of the most important things is the durability.

Here is the mod list:

Pads:
- FLX
- 36+2"
- Stiff knee stack
- Sliding toe bridge

Blocker
- Nothing extra, just colors.

Catcher
- Double T pocket
- Skate lace pocket
- Practice beef palm
- Eyes embroidery to the tip of the pocket

That's true. Maybe some boring all white CCM/Bauer with game ready palm. I had enough of all white sets in the 90's at Koho Evolution era. ?

why practice palm?

On 9/6/2018 at 9:24 AM, Jacob Musselman said:

Half my stuff has come in. Still waiting for the chesty and hopefully one small custom piece for the pads. They should come within the next few weeks.

the last pic is with another set that came in with mine, so we showed them both off.

IMG_20180905_124522.jpg

IMG_20180905_131225.jpg

IMG_20180905_124439.jpg

IMG_20180905_183004.jpg

You definitely have the nicer looking set of the two, but who's counting?

10 hours ago, Max27 said:

why practice palm?

I have had some problems with the ligament of my catcher thumb because of too many puck hits to it, thanks to cheap and lousy gloves I used to have when I was younger.  I also love the protected feeling for the palm and fingers. Easiest way of course would be to have faster hands and catch the puck always straight to the pocket, but I think it is too late for me to learn that skill. ?

10 hours ago, Jacob Musselman said:

Very nice set. I really wish I would have gotten the eyes on mine. I had em on every set till now

Thanks. That was a last minute idea when i saw someone's Optik glove with eyes. I think it's a nice extra detail.

15 hours ago, TresPasser said:

I have had some problems with the ligament of my catcher thumb because of too many puck hits to it, thanks to cheap and lousy gloves I used to have when I was younger.  I also love the protected feeling for the palm and fingers. Easiest way of course would be to have faster hands and catch the puck always straight to the pocket, but I think it is too late for me to learn that skill. ?

Thanks. That was a last minute idea when i saw someone's Optik glove with eyes. I think it's a nice extra detail.

interesting, well whatever works lol

I was finally able to take my Optik C&A out for a spin last night, and have to say I'm happy with it's performance. Great mobility, overall a pretty solid unit. The arms are not as easy to get on as my CCM Premier Pro was, but not as uncomfortable as some people have been saying (I also have them as loose as they can possibly be). In the butterfly, the chest/shoulders didn't ride up, which allow me to still turn my head and look over my shoulders. Very happy with it!

If anyone is interested, after a few ice times, I can give a review on it, since I haven't seen any on the site. Unless if anybody else wants to take a crack at it?

17 hours ago, TresPasser said:

I would say you were getting in touch with your inner Henry Lundqvist!

Archived