2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian's killed it! The metallic silver looks amazing in person. Also love how they matched the knee velcro with the calf, I was definitely not expecting that. Only think they did wrong was black embroidery on the blocker/pads, but white on the glove. Don't know how that got mixed up, but it doesn't really bug me.

FLY, 80 degree boot taper, soft boot, leather boot strap, skate lace toe ties was my custom option on the pads.

Floating anchor T, INT palm on gloves

Went right from the store and onto the ice! Strapping was way off and didn't get to put my pro laces on, but they felt good! Hopefully they soften up similar to an Eflex in terms of stiffness.

They did forget to give me a Professor strap though ?

IMG_2259 copy.jpg

IMG_2260 copy.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but got another video. Optislide is definitely going to take some adjusting! I over-slid and over-rotated on so many plays. Luckily, it was a low level pickup because I got myself out of position a lot. Someone even took video so I can show you what I'm saying :D (please ignore the lazy positioning, it's pickup!)

3 hours ago, MadsM said:

So Brians really nailed them. They got into the shop at TGC yesterday, can't wait to have them shipped home.

32559028_781043318709278_4874144434729517056_n(1).thumb.jpg.59222d19db20ab222fadd396b9d3efef.jpg32474092_781043362042607_5022904844684361728_n.thumb.jpg.fd79a79974321ba55e739d5d3a58ffa1.jpg32440475_781043225375954_3603638687042109440_n.thumb.jpg.d7ffdfeba6f80756f8db505461741201.jpg

I really like how they turned out.

Have a nice day boys!

What color Primo did you get?

Curious if anyone have any thoughts on how the Optiks compare size wise to ther Brians pads?

My kid's new Optiks came in last week 35+1, replacing his G-Netik 3 that where 34+1.  The Optik 35+1 are really 34+2, the knee placement is in the same spot.  Our local dealer consulted with their Brians rep and the rep said that the sizing should be the same between the two pads.  Visually the Opticks are about an 1" bigger when you compare the pads side by side.  On ice though the pads look way bigger.  The thigh rise seems like its gone up way higher than an extra 1".  Now I know the pads will break in a touch around the boot, but the Optiks still seem to sit way higher...  Is this a thing for the Optiks?  Or am I just seeing things?

As a side note, I'm not super concerned with the size because my kid seems to be able to move fine in the new pads.  Plus spring/summer is when your gear is at its biggest (from experience we try not to change pads in-season).  I just can't believe how much bigger they look...  I guess in fairness the G-Netik looked big a first too...

btw, its a standard boot

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Curious if anyone have any thoughts on how the Optiks compare size wise to ther Brians pads?

My kid's new Optiks came in last week 35+1, replacing his G-Netik 3 that where 34+1.  The Optik 35+1 are really 34+2, the knee placement is in the same spot.  Our local dealer consulted with their Brians rep and the rep said that the sizing should be the same between the two pads.  Visually the Opticks are about an 1" bigger when you compare the pads side by side.  On ice though the pads look way bigger.  The thigh rise seems like its gone up way higher than an extra 1".  Now I know the pads will break in a touch around the boot, but the Optiks still seem to sit way higher...  Is this a thing for the Optiks?  Or am I just seeing things?

As a side note, I'm not super concerned with the size because my kid seems to be able to move fine in the new pads.  Plus spring/summer is when your gear is at its biggest (from experience we try not to change pads in-season).  I just can't believe how much bigger they look...  I guess in fairness the G-Netik looked big a first too...

btw, its a standard boot

I found them to be true to other Brian's sizing. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I found them to be true to other Brian's sizing. 

Maybe it is just that his GNetiks have broken in a bit.  Could be the color difference too.  His old pads are all white, new ones are mostly bucky.   Maybe it makes them look bigger...

6 hours ago, brennytheball said:

Is there a new ETA on the Optik C/A? Thought it was supposed to come out a month ago and all I've seen since are pics of it on their insta.

They've been released! It was likely a soft launch, so they are only on shelves when stores get stock. I've seen lots of Optik C/As in store at places like Pro Hockey Life, The Goalie Crease, etc. Wasn't a big fan of it trying it on though.

So I signed on to Facebook for the the first time this week., just a few mins ago. No lie, I see 3 different used Optik sets sets for sale.

I won't be buying a set any time soon so not worried about it for myself but is that a coincidence? Something going on with that stuff for me to be seeing sets under 6 months old being sold like that?

2 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

So I signed on to Facebook for the the first time this week., just a few mins ago. No lie, I see 3 different used Optik sets sets for sale.

I won't be buying a set any time soon so not worried about it for myself but is that a coincidence? Something going on with that stuff for me to be seeing sets under 6 months old being sold like that?

Not sure. Speaking for myself, I have no complaints, it's everything I wanted/expected.

What I would understand is if people ordered FLX and find they're getting too soft for them. I know that some people have been a little disappointed with that. 

9 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I love my Optiks and will order 2nd set sometime in the near future.  Having said that, there always the folks who turn their gear over as soon as the next big thing is released, ie. G4, Premier, etc.  As well as those who just do not like the pad for some reason.  The barely used sets should give you an opportunity to pick a set up at a hefty discount ;)

I also just ordered an Optik CA from TGC, and am excited to try it out.

-steve

Archived