Bauer Custom Skate Program

Wondering what anybody knows about the Bauer custom skate program. I was going to get True Two-Pieces as my feet are are a full size different, but after hearing lots of other people's durability issues, I'm now looking into Custom 2x Pro's now. there isn't much info on Bauer's custom goalie skates but I'm just interested to hear what other have to say about it.

I have used it twice and also just resently picked up another pair of custom Bauers ( although not made for me but they still fit good). Both my customs where done though The Goalie Crease in Richmond Hill, On. and both where done by legend Roddy Rod before his passing. I have been told TGC Rance has taking over and does an amazing job fit people with it. Now I am not sure with the current system what options are out there now but when I did, there was along list of what you could get, one I always got was the black one60 cowlings. Honestly I would love to do it again, just because I enjoyed and the fit was so dam perfect. My 2 pairs for are size 10.25L 10.25R, one foot was a .25 bigger so we went both the same size. Width I got was 4e foot and heel width was wider then normal just can't remember off the top of my head. The outer boot wraps are size 12 because I wanted a better wrap of the foot. Toe box is also larger, I believe 12. The 1s cowlingless skates where a Canadian custom but I bought them off sideline swap, 11e with I think a size 12 boot wrap too

20200610_091214.jpg

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Ah okay, 6 years ago was a good day haha it's like another 50%

Yeah I think they are around $1500 now, is what I heard. Honestly if I didn't want to get a mask done I would probably do it again. Both Bauer and CCM really do a nice fit and finish with there custom skates. 

9 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Yeah I think they are around $1500 now, is what I heard. Honestly if I didn't want to get a mask done I would probably do it again. Both Bauer and CCM really do a nice fit and finish with there custom skates. 

I went with CCM, we will see what happens.

I went away with painting the mask this time, and going with a vinyl wrap design, that will save at least $500, hopefully the finishing product will be nice.

17 hours ago, GriffD31 said:

Wondering what anybody knows about the Bauer custom skate program. I was going to get True Two-Pieces as my feet are are a full size different, but after hearing lots of other people's durability issues, I'm now looking into Custom 2x Pro's now. there isn't much info on Bauer's custom goalie skates but I'm just interested to hear what other have to say about it.

A retailer can make you a full custom based off the foot scan. As mentioned below, I am not 100% sure if all retailers offer this. Are you located near any major hockey shops? What is your metro area?

Other than size, any other issues driving you toward custom?

16 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Honestly, it seems that there is so much info about players custom vs goalie skates and it's frustrating. We hear everything about True as well, and the disappointments. Not enough info on Bauer, or CCM which would be nice. 

Maybe the @TheGoalNet can share his experience at CCM and how the skate turnned out. 

The interesting thing is that my AS3s are stock! Will be interesting to go "back in time" and compare them. I have a Tacks foot, so I am not too worried

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

A retailer can make you a full custom based off the foot scan. As mentioned below, I am not 100% sure if all retailers offer this. Are you located near any major hockey shops? What is your metro area?

Other than size, any other issues driving you toward custom?

I'm working with Wack from Pure Goalie in Mass. From the sounds of it, you can order a custom foot scan, I'm thinking towards this route because I've just been scared off by the true's durability issues.

Just now, GriffD31 said:

I'm working with Wack from Pure Goalie in Mass. From the sounds of it, you can order a custom foot scan, I'm thinking towards this route because I've just been scared off by the true's durability issues.

I think they should be well qualified to do this. I would def go the Bauer route if you're worried about durability.

15 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

The 2S Pros I got done custom right before or as the new program was coming out (late 2018, new goalie program was supposed to start along with players but not necessarily with scanning?) cost just under $1000. 

My LHS was able to contact Bauer and pull my specs from when Rod at TGC fit me for 1S skates when they first came out. So no idea if mine were grandfathered into some old pricing model or not. 

I've had zero durability problems with the True 2-piece skates, and they fit like a glove and feel like a slipper. I did my scan for them at the GoalieMonkey in Dallas. I got them in early 2019, so I may have missed the earlier time when durability was a larger concern with them, or I may just not be hard on my skates. I'd definitely recommend them to people looking for a custom skate.

22 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

I have used it twice and also just resently picked up another pair of custom Bauers ( although not made for me but they still fit good). Both my customs where done though The Goalie Crease in Richmond Hill, On. and both where done by legend Roddy Rod before his passing. I have been told TGC Rance has taking over and does an amazing job fit people with it. Now I am not sure with the current system what options are out there now but when I did, there was along list of what you could get, one I always got was the black one60 cowlings. Honestly I would love to do it again, just because I enjoyed and the fit was so dam perfect. My 2 pairs for are size 10.25L 10.25R, one foot was a .25 bigger so we went both the same size. Width I got was 4e foot and heel width was wider then normal just can't remember off the top of my head. The outer boot wraps are size 12 because I wanted a better wrap of the foot. Toe box is also larger, I believe 12. The 1s cowlingless skates where a Canadian custom but I bought them off sideline swap, 11e with I think a size 12 boot wrap too

20200610_091214.jpg

Those black Vertexx Cowlings are beautiful.

Archived