NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

Some interesting strapping on some of Reimer’s gear. Seems like his toe tie’s connect in a unique way at the top of his skate. Also, the back cuff of his glove straps together differently, seems like it’s left open. 

Photos are from @ricogunn27 IG account. 

A93DFF19-E811-48FE-9623-45341C78658C.png

532486FD-7A9D-4C0A-876C-9B40E592ECDF.png

0F541975-258E-4AB1-97E7-D3B94BB3D842.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

Some interesting strapping on some of Reimer’s gear. Seems like his toe tie’s connect in a unique way at the top of his skate. Also, the back cuff of his glove straps together differently, seems like it’s left open. 

Looks like the glove cuff was opened up I'd think an elastic strap was added (black). Looks like a nylon strap with a D ring. Then the velcro strap passes through that instead of the ring on the back of the cuff. I like it.

Skates are interesting. Also has the lower calf strap going through his skate. Almost vertical.

48 minutes ago, MTH said:

Looks like the glove cuff was opened up I'd think an elastic strap was added (black). Looks like a nylon strap with a D ring. Then the velcro strap passes through that instead of the ring on the back of the cuff. I like it.

Skates are interesting. Also has the lower calf strap going through his skate. Almost vertical.

That isn't the lower calf strap.  It's the CRS boot strap.  Also, I think the toe tie is just the standard Bauer (originally Monster).

2 hours ago, MTH said:

I haven’t seen a glove opened up like that before. Better wrist mobility I guess. 

1 hour ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

That isn't the lower calf strap.  It's the CRS boot strap.  Also, I think the toe tie is just the standard Bauer (originally Monster).

Seems like a different attachment piece on the top/side of the skate. It seems like a larger Velcro/attachment and seems to be on the side versus on top. 

2 hours ago, MTH said:

The glove is an interesting one for sure, he's always had part of the glove open, since back to the One100's at least.  But that was the other flap, which is velcro'd down here.  I did the same with my One100, but only because the damn thing never stayed closed, like the velcro was too short and couldn't hold against the force of closing and catching a puck.  Haven't had that issue since 1S though, but he clearly like some part of that feel.

This pic of Tristan Jarry caught my eye.  Besides the unusual combo of SLR pads, a V7 blocker, and a VE8 glove, the right pad appears to be over rotated. It could very well be an optical illusion from this angle, but the angle of that pad looks off.

Cool pic nonetheless.  I love his simple graphics and really like the font of his name on the chin of his mask. 

Nice to see those eyes locked on the puck.  The goalie coach of the camp I took was Jarry's coach and I got to hear some cool stories and props about him. 

Screenshot_20191122-211228_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

There's a few guys in the league with colorful masks with white based backplates, you can see there is some black on the backplate in Dominigue's. I think it's a really neat look, even if not for everyone.

Its Blue and White. From his Tampa time. Thats why i dont understand why they cant seem to paint it when they do the mask. 

On 11/22/2019 at 12:11 PM, Mroy31 said:

Shit quality, but Freddy flipped colour zones on his 2020 Supreme blocker.  I like this one better than the other, but still really only seeing 2 colour zones so far.

1061187060_FANewGraphic.JPG.b6c379e498632e99964659bdbcd11c18.JPG

Here’s a better pic. I’m not sure if the blue is slightly different as well but the first version looked closer to navy while this one seems to match perfect. 

762BEA5E-B366-4178-9AB9-BC6D6E5223F6.jpeg

16 hours ago, Chester said:

Its Blue and White. From his Tampa time. Thats why i dont understand why they cant seem to paint it when they do the mask. 

You think it's Tampa time.

But it's actually a nod to Marty's blue gloves.

51-RWVpEDqL._SY445_.jpg

2 hours ago, roundsy said:

Here’s a better pic. I’m not sure if the blue is slightly different as well but the first version looked closer to navy while this one seems to match perfect. 

762BEA5E-B366-4178-9AB9-BC6D6E5223F6.jpeg

Nice, yeah the last one definitely looked navy

10 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

Can confirm there more than 2 zones

Excellent 

Archived