NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

16 hours ago, Big2 said:

I agree with the Danny Zuko, Bernierhas been wearing these pads through this year - look forward to seeing them

GGN is still denying that they're the same. Whether or not that's true is up for debate.

I have a feeling CCM has their tendrils all over the slow release of this information and Bernier's pads are part of it. Hell, looks how quickly all the big goalie related social media accounts all released the same information on the Axis once those first few pictures were leaked.

My skepticism on this pad is very high and a lot of it has to do with the "pre-marketing" that it's being coated with.

Conspiracy-theorist-1024x580.thumb.jpg.70a1644b34bd2cc0a64dbcce60cf7874.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2019 at 1:53 PM, MTH said:

I mean, both look like crap. They use the wrong shade of blue too.

They look like they should be in this book:

iabtyk_cover_med2.jpg

Which is full of stuff like this:

iambetterthanyourkids_01.jpg

Juuse's mask is "Graffiti" themed, so when you look closely, it resembles spray can art. So congrats to Dave for making it convincing enough that it bothers you so much.

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Screenshot_20191216-094923_Samsung Internet.jpg

How he gets mobility in those pads in a b-fly game is beyond me, but he looks good doing it. When I saw him play at first, I thought it was an old Hrudey clip. He certainly carries an old school flavor in his game à la Brodeur.

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

How he gets mobility in those pads in a b-fly game is beyond me, but he looks good doing it. When I saw him play at first, I thought it was an old Hrudey clip. He certainly carries an old school flavor in his game à la Brodeur.

I've definitely had a lot of fun watching him. No other goal tandem in the league is as stylized as they are, I'd argue.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

57A2127E-7C7F-4425-9CAA-B15DDCAEDD4E.thumb.jpeg.61483cf5dd01ce8fb455b894a2aed92e.jpeg

1. Thank god he has a winter classic setup

2. I think they look sick. Yes the tan is weird but they match the player gloves

Correction - I look sick after seeing these pads, barf, man there ugly maybe a little bit of white would have helped?

32 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Funny thing about Saros’ winter classic set

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2569668001

Hmm, that's strange.  He's been wearing the gold set with blue sides and back for a while now.  I wonder if that article is older and not about the Winter Classic?  Looks like that article is from early November.

Meanwhile, very interesting (lack of) technique here.  I get that Gibson bites to his right and that threw off his balance and form, but man, if he had just committed his left foot to sliding back and out into an upright position for his body instead of that last second turn on his left heel which causes his whole body to collapse and forced to dive....

I've said it before on here but Gibson so often just looks like a regular goalie and not a highly trained pro.  Not taking anything away from him and I'm a fan of his for sure, but he looks so beer leaguey at times.  You'll see his hands don't come up in desperation until that left heel collapses.  Interesting mechanics study for us, love it.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, Chenner29 said:

White pants.  Yuck

Those pads look super thin.  Like, thinner than anything we've seen on a Bauer product.

I think maybe it has to do with how big Bishop is. They're super tall pads, so they probably look thinner because of that.

Archived