NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

41 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I don't think he was knocked out and I don't think it was a direct throat punch, but I just don't see a dive.

I mean he was grabbing his face as he was going down and also had time to turn as doing so. That's a pretty blatant dive. If we has sucker punched he would've just ended up on his ass. Mrazek baited it out and knew it was coming.

Plus look at this wounded solider pose he has going on.

Untitled.thumb.png.fca94979ec8d4055a82af9a27809c8dd.png

Making us all look bad Mrazek.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree - bad form on both parties. mrazek definitely embellished once he felt contact (which might have cost him more than the punch). my issue is a slash ain't a slash if you don't make contact. kind of like if i tree falls in the woods and nobody's around - does it make a sound?

The more I watch, the less I like how Mrazek played this. I am no fan of Thornton, but we had a dive by the goalie. Thornton could have just as easily ignored the missed slash and let his team go on the power play.

The benefit for us is that we got to watch as many times as we wished; the refs had to go by what they saw right then. 

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

i agree - bad form on both parties. mrazek definitely embellished once he felt contact (which might have cost him more than the punch). my issue is a slash ain't a slash if you don't make contact. kind of like if i tree falls in the woods and nobody's around - does it make a sound?

Yeah, that's interesting.  I"m not sure what the rule is on missing with a slash.  I know throwing  a stick is a penalty regardless of contact.

But to be fair, Mrazek didn't slash.  He swung it.  There was way more motion and distance involved than a typical slash.

But is swinging a stick a penalty?  I guess you just have to default to a slash.

47 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, that's interesting.  I"m not sure what the rule is on missing with a slash.  I know throwing  a stick is a penalty regardless of contact.

But to be fair, Mrazek didn't slash.  He swung it.  There was way more motion and distance involved than a typical slash.

But is swinging a stick a penalty?  I guess you just have to default to a slash.

Gray area. Probably more like “unsportsmanlike” than slash. 

Meanwhile, we live in a time when forwards are entitled to go jabbing away and slashing at covered pucks without punishment. Used to be, you slashed or jabbed at the goalie, you were getting beat down. Joe knows that because he’s older than dirt. 
I think we need the next Hextall, Billy Smith, Cloutier or Emery. Or referees could just call that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Meanwhile, we live in a time when forwards are entitled to go jabbing away and slashing at covered pucks without punishment. Used to be, you slashed or jabbed at the goalie, you were getting beat down. Joe knows that because he’s older than dirt. 
I think we need the next Hextall, Billy Smith, Cloutier or Emery. Or referees could just call that nonsense. 

Or just have teammates exact the justice .

3 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Thornton should've have gone digging, no, but Mrazek should've expected something when he tried to lumberjack the back of Thornton's legs (which, at his age, could very easily end his career).

This is a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", on both sides.

1 minute ago, CJ Boiss said:

Thornton should've have gone digging, no, but Mrazek should've expected something when he tried to lumberjack the back of Thornton's legs (which, at his age, could very easily end his career).

This is a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", on both sides.

For sure.

I certainly don't think it was a cheap shot.  Mrazek intended to hack him with a goalie stick, missed, and then booted up face to face. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes is a perfect descriptor.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

AXiS in the wild...FB_IMG_1575812804643.thumb.jpg.ebb72fd626393bfe2461f9755ccdd643.jpg

well... #blockergate (missing the little red square), but I've seen it in person, honestly the most impressive CCM gear in years in terms of specs and weight. but the that graphic isn't their best. I got the chance to play around with the customizer and you can really do a lot with it, so there is a way to make that graphic work well!

10 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

well... #blockergate (missing the little red square), but I've seen it in person, honestly the most impressive CCM gear in years in terms of specs and weight. but the that graphic isn't their best. I got the chance to play around with the customizer and you can really do a lot with it, so there is a way to make that graphic work well!

I'm curious to see if they can solve the historic CCM glove mismatch issues 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, cwarnar said:

AXiS in the wild...
FB_IMG_1575812804643.thumb.jpg.ebb72fd626393bfe2461f9755ccdd643.jpg

Pretty fast intro if you ask me. That's a goalie in the Q (Major Junior hockey league in Québec) and to think we just saw glimpses of the gear no more then a few months ago or less.

33 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think this is a pad set that I'll need to get my hands on to judge fully.

Because as much as everyone it touting this as a "huge" tech jump for the CCM brand, I can't help but just see a printed version of a P2.

I’m a little biased bc I’m typically in the  traditional / EFlex camp, but don’t these look ridiculously clunky? Can’t tell if it’s a massive thigh rise issue or the camera angle but looks way too rigid and boxy for my taste...

54 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

I’m a little biased bc I’m typically in the  traditional / EFlex camp, but don’t these look ridiculously clunky? Can’t tell if it’s a massive thigh rise issue or the camera angle but looks way too rigid and boxy for my taste...

Well they are the next "Prermier" pad. So they'll be boxier by design anyways.

Here's a side view of the Axis pad from GGN's Instagram. Looks thinner than the P2, but sure does look like a P2 to me.

Untitled.png.efe33d8d3bfea07e1bc63d87c7cc4c3b.png

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Here's a side view of the Axis pad from GGN's Instagram. Looks thinner than the P2, but sure does look like a P2 to me.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I agree with the Danny Zuko, Bernierhas been wearing these pads through this year - look forward to seeing them

Archived