Henrik Lundqvist won't play with Washington Capitals this season due to heart condition

Lucky Pucker

Heart conditions come in all shapes and sizes. Hopefully his is not critical and maybe just related to him playing with it. Glad they caught it before it caused something bad. 

That said, did he ever get on the ice with the Capitals for a workout? Most importantly, did he have some fresh Caps gear? Hoping we see it in action. But if not, it would be one of those "remember when he signed with the..." things when discussing his career.

7 minutes ago, MTH said:

Heart conditions come in all shapes and sizes. Hopefully his is not critical and maybe just related to him playing with it. Glad they caught it before it caused something bad. 

That said, did he ever get on the ice with the Capitals for a workout? Most importantly, did he have some fresh Caps gear? Hoping we see it in action. But if not, it would be one of those "remember when he signed with the..." things when discussing his career.

He was spotted training in a caps practice jersey a few times.

cut2.thumb.jpg.a43f1aabb4696286b50e57c311f1b663.jpg

His custom designed pads were unveiled, but no images of them after being made.

cut.thumb.jpg.628883103374ced77b4823a3d4eaf302.jpg

He had his mask design released as well.

cut3.thumb.png.cba8abed652ed2c6b28fa8c7c20150a3.png

46 minutes ago, MTH said:

Didn’t Lundqvist’s countryman Soderstrom also have heart issues back in the day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saying it went well. Glad to hear.

This is what was done. Heck of a lot of work. Play again or not - don't really matter. Get this dude a microphone and blow dryer stat!

Lundqvist underwent a 5-hour procedure earlier this week -- an aortic valve, aortic root, and ascending aortic replacement ...

Edited by MTH

Christ, sounds scary 😲 I'd be afraid to walk up a flight of stairs after that, much less even think about playing hockey again.

I didn't really follow the whole thing, what was the reason he needed this surgery? Was it a birth defect or something he had his whole life?  Or something that recently developed? ...like from all the heartache of playing for the Cup-less Rangers for so many years?  😜

I don't know. I can only assume it was something he's always had and was recently picked up. 

Seems like it happens to many athletes where they have heart conditions and either drop dead or luckily get it repaired before it's too late.

My sister runs marathons. She recently had to have her heart valve moved due to an abnormality in her heart. She had hers done at Mayo in MN. She's good now, but can't really get running again yet. But she will.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man he's a handsome fucker.

Every now and again, you post a comment that is spot-on - and this is one of those. Handsome as fuck.

Too bad you can’t seem to manage any spot-on comments for anything that is actually goalie related... 😁

Also glad to see this about Hank. Best news I’ve had today!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Every now and again, you post a comment that is spot-on - and this is one of those. Handsome as fuck.

Too bad you can’t seem to manage any spot-on comments for anything that is actually goalie related... 😁

Also glad to see this about Hank. Best news I’ve had today!

A broken clock is right twice a day after all.

• Like 1