Which Neck Guard Does Price and Andersen Use?

Simscityy

Does anyone know what Neck Guard brand Carey Price and Fredrik Andersen wear? Really want a neck guard like theirs without a giant logo on it. But I have a feeling NHL league rules don't allow logos on goalie neck guards.

Sorry - couldn't find a good picture of Andersen.

Image result for carey price neck guard

Image result for frederik andersen 2017

1 hour ago, Simscityy said:

Does anyone know what Neck Guard brand Carey Price and Fredrik Andersen wear? Really want a neck guard like theirs without a giant logo on it. But I have a feeling NHL league rules don't allow logos on goalie neck guards.

Sorry - couldn't find a good picture of Andersen.

Looks like a Vaughn to me... and likely has branding but is color matched to the neck guard. I could be wrong on both accounts, but typically when a guy has a contract with a manufacturer if they do wear something outside of the brand the logo has to be "ghosted."

Image result for vaughn neck guard pro stock2017-11-02_16-05-30.jpg.38c36a8cee17e0d49c2c96c21af24ab3.jpg

Price is 100% in Vaughn. I posted about this on IG last spring. I don't know if it has no clear logos because of a CCM endorsement or NHL licensing. 

I don't know for Anderson 

If you want a unit with no logo, @Beccaraptor or Factory Mad both make nice units. I am sure Brian's or Passau would also make you a custom order with no logo. I wear a PAW and it has no logo per my request. 

37 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Price is 100% in Vaughn. I posted about this on IG last spring. I don't know if it has no clear logos because of a CCM endorsement or NHL licensing

Betcha it's this. I don't think the licensing fees for a logo on a neckguard or two is worth it. Pads/Gloves/Sticks and to an extent helmets are better candidates as they're bigger, more noticeable pieces of equipment. 

I feel like neck guard licensing fees are in the same ball park as jocks.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Price is 100% in Vaughn. I posted about this on IG last spring. I don't know if it has no clear logos because of a CCM endorsement or NHL licensing.

I really doubt it's because of licensing fees.

Tuuka's wearing a Vaughn neckguard and the branding is there.

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't know for Anderson 

If you want a unit with no logo, @Beccaraptor or Factory Mad both make nice units. I am sure Brian's or Passau would also make you a custom order with no logo. I wear a PAW and it has no logo per my request. 

Factory will not have a logo by default. I own two- a black, no graphic and a royal blue with Union Jacks and “Demonic Rabbit” embroidered; but getting an embroidered graphic cost more (and was worth every penny). The Factory has removable bits to make whatever contacts you washable.  

Some brands will charge you for no logo, FYI.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have 2 of these neck guards. They are Vaughn VPC 8000, the non-certified pro version.  Vaughn never sold the non logo version, only pros have access to those. The VPC line is discontinued but you can buy the updated version of the non-certified neck guard here http://goal.thehockeyshop.com/vaughn-velocity-v7-pro-xf-senior-goalie-neck-guard.html

Guys like Price, Neuvirth and Anderson still use the VPC model. 

Andersen's looks super similar to the PAW version.  Notice that all the Vaughn/Bauer neck guards strap to the right side of the neck, but Andersen's straps on the left side (maybe both) and uses Jenpro tabs.  I'm sure he could easily have had Vaughn make a custom one that has the removable elastic (velcro on both ends), but if you're looking to get one for yourself it looks like PAW would be the easiest approximation.

I'm considering this, haven't used a neck guard since I was about 18 (dangler only) mainly because they all seem to press against the sides of my neck and give me a light headed sensation.  So a loose one with a longer elastic seems like the perfect style.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Which Neck Guard Does Price and Andersen Use?

Archived