Deep Dive: 2021 Bauer Hyperlite

TheGoalNet

I'm thinking of ordering a Hyperlite set, but with the stabilislide knee block instead of the flex one. Anything I should be concerned with going that route?

Also a question on the flex - the profiles on the customizer online make it look like the "hyperlite" flex has a double internal break:

image.png.aca280d9d0c67abd9db8ea452f671fa1.png

Is that actually the case, or is it just an artifact of how it is represented graphically? It would be good to know where the breaks are placed in the core structure of the pad.

It is also a bit odd that the flex named "Ultrasonic" shows a Vapor/Hyperlite pad break pattern and side logo:

image.png.e4141d414624c35a4b91accddcec35e9.png

What flex profile is recommended for someone who is generally happy with the standard CCM "pre-curved, single internal, single external" break?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teezle said:

I'm thinking of ordering a Hyperlite set, but with the stabilislide knee block instead of the flex one. Anything I should be concerned with going that route?

Also a question on the flex - the profiles on the customizer online make it look like the "hyperlite" flex has a double internal break:

image.png.aca280d9d0c67abd9db8ea452f671fa1.png

Is that actually the case, or is it just an artifact of how it is represented graphically? It would be good to know where the breaks are placed in the core structure of the pad.

It is also a bit odd that the flex named "Ultrasonic" shows a Vapor/Hyperlite pad break pattern and side logo:

image.png.e4141d414624c35a4b91accddcec35e9.png

What flex profile is recommended for someone who is generally happy with the standard CCM "pre-curved, single internal, single external" break?

I agree this is confusing

I reached out to Bauer on other topics. I not sure if Hyperlite and Soft are Vapor build and Ultrasonic through XStiff are Supreme build?

With that said, I don't see any downside to going with Stabiliflex. Bauer pads don't twist like some other brands, so I don't see an issue. Post integration is probably where you will notice the biggest difference.

23 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

With the Hyperlite launch, stiff options seems to be as follows:

1 - Hyperlite (X-Soft or double break? Both? We'll find out?)
2 - Soft - 2X Pro
3 - Mid - Ultrasonic
4 - Stiff - 2S Pro
5 - X-Stiff

I would agree on that assessment. Additionally I would say the "Mid" stiffness also applies to the Vapor 1X from what I have tried on.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

What difference does the thin (stock) vs. thick shin option make? What would be the reason to choose one over the other?

Pure speculation but, if the pad weight is the same, a "thick" shin would have to be using lower density foams than a "thin" shin. So a "thick" shin should flex more, and give out softer rebounds.

Probably best to ask someone in the know, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What’s the difference between the two knee blocks? Probably getting a set of these just not sure which would benefit me better. Same with I’m not sure if I want stuff or soft, have the 2x pros right now and I like farther rebounds, is the extra stuff the route to go?

Got to try out a Hyperlite blocker last night.   Rebounds off this puppy are every bit as hot as advertised.  Shots directed to the corner seemed to just change direction without losing speed, which was super impressive to see.  On another note, this is one of the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn.   It's right up there with the Warrior blockers in terms of the glove feeling soft, comfortable and natural.  It's a big improvement over the Axis blocker I have.

23 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

What’s the difference between the two knee blocks? Probably getting a set of these just not sure which would benefit me better. Same with I’m not sure if I want stuff or soft, have the 2x pros right now and I like farther rebounds, is the extra stuff the route to go?

Stabilislide knee on the Ultrasonic does not flex laterally
Stabiliflex knee on the Hyperlite has maybe 10-15 degrees of flex

Note you can order either knee block on the Hyperlite

I believe the flex rating on the pad does not correlate with the rebound velocity, not sure on this one though

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, netminder said:

WHen will Bauer get out of the dark ages and allow customers pick their own thigh rise? the "one size fits all" seems so 1999. I was sent pics of the exact same sized pro Ultrasonic and Ultralite side by side and the Sonics are a whole 1" standard thigh taller then Ultralite? nuts.

Easy Ultrasonic have a boot angle of 125° and the Hyperlites 100° that's why the Ultrasonic are longer 

On 4/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I agree this is confusing

I reached out to Bauer on other topics. I not sure if Hyperlite and Soft are Vapor build and Ultrasonic through XStiff are Supreme build?

With that said, I don't see any downside to going with Stabiliflex. Bauer pads don't twist like some other brands, so I don't see an issue. Post integration is probably where you will notice the biggest difference.

When you say this what do you mean by post integration? I am assuming you mean rvh but in what ways would they be different compared to one other-about to order my set soon and I feel as though I would prefer the ultrasonic knee block better but wondering what the hyperlite knee block would provide me better with in rvh or perhaps what different feel would it give?

13 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

When you say this what do you mean by post integration? I am assuming you mean rvh but in what ways would they be different compared to one other-about to order my set soon and I feel as though I would prefer the ultrasonic knee block better but wondering what the hyperlite knee block would provide me better with in rvh or perhaps what different feel would it give?

Hyperlite knee block would be better if you want some play.

image.png.87220748007fa504bb487a0b5807f662.png

On 6/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Anyone had the chance to try on the chesty? It looks promising from videos. Just wondering if I will get the same coverage from my premiers. 

B7906A7D-EC26-4053-926E-8F43213873EB.jpeg.608e905972a586be57bfd8f1fdec574d.jpeg
I’ll let you know. Definitely feels smaller than premier thankfully. I got the last medium on bauers website 😉

Edited by ThatCarGuy