Amazon Prime Days, 6/21-22

SaveByRichter35

I was about to get a chainsaw/pole saw attachment for my string trimmer.  I literally saw it yesterday in Lowe's and said that's cool I kinda want that.  Didn't wanna spend the money on it though as I don't really need it.  Before I pressed the purchase button I checked the price at Lowe's to compare to the Prime Day Deal.  $35 cheaper at Lowe's and I get a 10% Veteran discount.  F that lol, deleted it from my cart.  I did end up getting a new Fire Stick though lol.  

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It clearly goes way beyond Prime Day.  I heard you guys still can't even get a haircut?

I had to check, just in Manitoba and Ontario. (so Lucky's shit ass province). We've been able to get haircuts in BC for over a year.

Not like it matters to me. I cut my own hair. (buzz cut)

22 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I had to check, just in Manitoba and Ontario. (so Lucky's shit ass province). We've been able to get haircuts in BC for over a year.

Not like it matters to me. I cut my own hair. (buzz cut)

True fact: my guy and his wife literally opened their new barber shop in March 2020, with a new daughter born mere months before that. And because they were a new business, they didn’t qualify for any aid. They’ve been trying to ride it out, being open for stints, then closed for others. Really good people… I hope they can re-open and flourish. The guy I see in the mirror is desperate for them to reopen too!

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

True fact: my guy and his wife literally opened their new barber shop in March 2020, with a new daughter born mere months before that. And because they were a new business, they didn’t qualify for any aid. They’ve been trying to ride it out, being open for stints, then closed for others. Really good people… I hope they can re-open and flourish. The guy I see in the mirror is desperate for them to reopen too!

Tell them to give black market cuts from their house.  We had to do that for our dog lol.  Took her to the groomer's house.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That's rough. My fiancee's uncle works in the entertainment business and has been very vocal about the difficulties he's faced during this. One major bummer was that they had to sell the family home.

Makes me feel fortunate to work a very stable industry.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

From Amazon?  Why don't you just go to the local hardware store? lol

Can't drive (yet) was gonna get my license sooner but covid lol, and my dad is still recovering from a hip replacement so he can't drive yet, and my mom isn't feeling 100% a lot of days nowadays so also that. 

On 6/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Tell them to give black market cuts from their house.  We had to do that for our dog lol.  Took her to the groomer's house.

Funny enough, I ordered attachments for my dog clippers. My Pomeranian looks like burn victim after I buzz him with the clippers and no attachments.

I also ordered an ABS plastic repair kit. My old Jeep has a broken lid on the center console. Being it's 26 years old, replacement parts are getting hard to find. So I'm giving this a shot as the video makes it look like a reasonable project.

• Like 1