Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, netminder said:

Im never wrong.

Speaking of an unflattering, inked on graphics only, unrefined, shape of pads in a melted, wrinkly marshmellow finish for 2021. Walmart looking road hockey set of pillows here folks, in my opinion though, so dont take it personally.

image.png.5d23bcdd6c7c266feee03313bdca2e87.png

Well it’s your opinion so we just aren’t going to take it at all. Only goalie’s opinions matter on here. Go troll somebody else. Those are fucking SICK!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Well it’s your opinion so we just aren’t going to take it at all. Only goalie’s opinions matter on here. Go troll somebody else. Those are fucking SICK!!!

leave it. the dude just saw the pads only in pictures on the internet and never went out on the ice with them. "this car is bad because it is ugly" - schoolchildren's reasoning

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Say what you will about the graphics, breaks design, performance etc... I never liked the poor quality with this gear starting with the 1S (OD1N).  As a goalie and a consumer I simply will not buy gear that falls apart like this and it is shocking that the goalie community in general bought in to this product.

12 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Say what you will about the graphics, breaks design, performance etc... I never liked the poor quality with this gear starting with the 1S (OD1N).  As a goalie and a consumer I simply will not buy gear that falls apart like this and it is shocking that the goalie community in general bought in to this product.

From personal experience, I had more skate cuts and quality problemes with ccm gear (eflex 2 and 3)  vs my 2s pro, 2x pro and UltraSonics. 

No skate cuts with 3 sets in 4 years, brand new eflex 2 got a cut on the first ice time back in 2015!

The core holds up much better compared to ccm too. To each his own though!

13 hours ago, netminder said:

No they are not one of the lightest actually. Put an Ultrasonic Pro large up vs an EFlex pro 35" or a True or Brians. Show me data external breaks are less popular for years now too while you are at it. I love when facts make more sense then personal opinion, wont you?

I don't see any data coming from anyone. The fact is perhaps when you go to a shop you see a lot pads with external breaks on the shelf because they're not selling. Also, I think the only data pool any of us would be able to accurately put together would be professionals, and I'm not entirely sure that's the group you're considering. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Essentially you're saying that you wouldn't get a C8 Z06 Corvette because the C1 in 1953 didn't meet your expectations.  

1S was a leap forward. The combination of core and skin hadn't been done before and it yielded a high performance pad that would be the equivalent of a race car when compared to some other pads on the market at the time. Also like a race car it isn't meant to be a daily driver. There is a balance... and the first iteration of this type of pad offered at retail did trade durability for performance.

Personally I've used every major brand at some point and some things worked for me and others didn't. Doesn't make it bad equipment, just wasn't what I liked. My experience with 2X Pro was great. I didn't find wear was any more a factor on them than any other set I've owned. Only reason I sold it was the glove, and that is entirely because of my personal preference for a 580 break. I'm back in CCM now with Axis and I like them, but there are aspects of the 2X Pro that have me thinking of looking at Bauer for my next set. 

Worth noting too like restaurant reviews on Yelp... most people only post things when they're unhappy or when something goes wrong. Consequently it isn't a full view into the experience for all customers. Pad fails are no different. I mean how interesting would it be if we all posted pictures of our totally normal used gear all the time? Probably wouldn't get the same number of clicks as a set gone wrong. Consider your sources for information when forming an opinion.

(P.S. I'm not a Corvette guy at all... just used it for an analogy.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Essentially you're saying that you wouldn't get a C8 Z06 Corvette because the C1 in 1953 didn't meet your expectations.  

1S was a leap forward. The combination of core and skin hadn't been done before and it yielded a high performance pad that would be the equivalent of a race car when compared to some other pads on the market at the time. Also like a race car it isn't meant to be a daily driver. There is a balance... and the first iteration of this type of pad offered at retail did trade durability for performance.

Personally I've used every major brand at some point and some things worked for me and others didn't. Doesn't make it bad equipment, just wasn't what I liked. My experience with 2X Pro was great. I didn't find wear was any more a factor on them than any other set I've owned. Only reason I sold it was the glove, and that is entirely because of my personal preference for a 580 break. I'm back in CCM now with Axis and I like them, but there are aspects of the 2X Pro that have me thinking of looking at Bauer for my next set. 

Worth noting too like restaurant reviews on Yelp... most people only post things when they're unhappy or when something goes wrong. Consequently it isn't a full view into the experience for all customers. Pad fails are no different. I mean how interesting would it be if we all posted pictures of our totally normal used gear all the time? Probably wouldn't get the same number of clicks as a set gone wrong. Consider your sources for information when forming an opinion.

I've just seen far too many posts of broken boots, poor fading and cracking "material" and on and on and on than I have ever seen for any of the other manufacturers.

If it works for you great.

2 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

I've just seen far too many posts of broken boots, poor fading and cracking "material" and on and on and on than I have ever seen for any of the other manufacturers.

What @BadAngle41 is saying though is we haven’t seen that in like 3 years. At first yes, this stuff was happening too often but now, I haven’t seen that on ultrasonic or hyperlite. Even 2x limited these issues quite a bit. But hey, I get it, if Bauer isn’t your thing, at least you know what you want.

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

5 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

You just proved my point... you've seen posts... which only happen when something didn't go as expected. Might you have any idea how many sets were sold worldwide and what the defect rate is? Or are you just clicking? Clearly rhetorical. 

27 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

You just proved my point... you've seen posts... which only happen when something didn't go as expected. Might you have any idea how many sets were sold worldwide and what the defect rate is? Or are you just clicking? Clearly rhetorical. 

As a junior engineer, let me explain the product design phase : you continually improve, it’s as simple as that.  I spoke with a lot of people at Bauer over the years and here is generally what they thought of the 1s; It was not perfect, but they stuck to this design philosophy because they believed they had something great, that their gear was finally different from the other brands. We are 5 years after the Od1n launch, and all the other brands are trying to compete with Bauer’s innovation.

Seems like it worked in the end.

And, we are not forcing you ( @GoalieNut) to like it, we are just saying durability isn’t an issue anymore (we are now on their 3rd generation of the CORTECH, which improved durability each gen).

Edited by maxtm30
Mention
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Show me one example of another Pro built pad where the foot/boot cracked and broke off?  Or the skin/material faded and cracked?

I'm not questioning how the pad performs in terms of sliding or rebounds etc.  I'm questioning the build quality.

When I worked at monkey sports we had quite a few sets in the back that had these problems. That’s why those particular faulty sets were pulled from the shelves. The whole line was still available for purchase but any piece that had a blemish or defect was put into storage. CCM helmets, Vaughn gloves, Brian’s leg pads and blockers , some Bauer VTX helmets, warrior leg pads, etc.

My point is no brand is exempt from such problems just the average consumer never sees it because retailers often don’t let them. That said sometimes these sets are for sale at a discount in store but that’s usually just for employees. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Show me one example of another Pro built pad where the foot/boot cracked and broke off?  Or the skin/material faded and cracked?

I'm not questioning how the pad performs in terms of sliding or rebounds etc.  I'm questioning the build quality.

you are constantly changing concepts, confusing "build quality" with "durability". a hard, unbending boot will break sooner or later. it is a fact. but this is not due to the fact that it is made or assembled "poorly", but because it is precisely such a structure that cannot serve forever. the 1S core concept was designed specifically for the stiff boot. do you think Bauer did not know where this would lead? The design of these pads was based on performance that is unrivaled to this day. as far as the "build quality" is concerned, as a person who has disassembled and repaired many pads, the quality of the pads of all manufacturers is absolutely the same, and regardless of the country of assembly

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ser33 said:

you are constantly changing concepts, confusing "build quality" with "durability". a hard, unbending boot will break sooner or later. it is a fact. but this is not due to the fact that it is made or assembled "poorly", but because it is precisely such a structure that cannot serve forever. the 1S core concept was designed specifically for the stiff boot. do you think Bauer did not know where this would lead? The design of these pads was based on performance that is unrivaled to this day. as far as the "build quality" is concerned, as a person who has disassembled and repaired many pads, the quality of the pads of all manufacturers is absolutely the same, and regardless of the country of assembly

Good point - I guess I do mean durability.  So, more of a trade off of performance for durability then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoalieNut said:

Good point - I guess I do mean durability.  So, more of a trade off of performance for durability then.

That was an issue on 1S, I would say that issue is eliminated or least reduced by 95%. 1S launched almost 10 years ago. Things have just changed just a bit... You have multiple people on this thread with retail experience confirming the issue is basically corrected. Trust the people who are sharing real world experience to help out.

6 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Yeah, but Supreme Mach 1 rolls off the tongue a little better than Supreme UltraSonic 2 

Just Supreme Mach...

As it looks like the new naming goes...

Family = Supreme or Vapor

Top Price Point = Product name (Flylite, Hyperlite, Ultrasonic, Mach... Something Lite 2023 for Vapor)

Lower Price points = number and something tied to the family or product name, like 3S or 3X

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

As it looks like the new naming goes...

Family = Supreme or Vapor

Top Price Point = Product name (Flylite, Hyperlite, Ultrasonic, Mach... Something Lite 2023 for Vapor)

Lower Price points = number and something tied to the family or product name, like 3S or 3X

What's interesting is that I believe the SR version of the Mach is the "M5 Pro". Seems like they are skipping "4S" this year.be7b98eb-2e6a-4047-a214-1410bdb6f6dc.jpg.6d732d371fa067991d745cd71aaf4eaa.jpg

9 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

What's interesting is that I believe the SR version of the Mach is the "M5 Pro". Seems like they are skipping "4S" this year.be7b98eb-2e6a-4047-a214-1410bdb6f6dc.jpg.6d732d371fa067991d745cd71aaf4eaa.jpg

I didn't want to spoil the surprise in my last post. Left a bread crumb though... "something tied to the family or product name"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1