Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

23 hours ago, netminder said:

WHat does fly like birds and grow tails on homo sapiens have to do with anything? You lost me after that. Try to stay on topic. Im calling out options in Pro sets STILL not available by Bauer. Thats a fact. They offer leather straps still that make zero difference in performace, but higher thighs for different shaped goalie legs or single breaks in a pad that is tried and true for decades makes a difference to style of play too.... so why stop there with customization Bauer? Is the all RUBBER faced, melted looking pillow for leg pads, the only way its going to be built?

You seem very hard to please. Just start your own gear brand and build them how you want them!

• Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

As long as they perform I personally do not care. Ironic that you’d call them a pillow though since Bauer pads are anything but a pillow😂

I love the modem Jenpro slabs, because they give out hard rebounds, and give both me and the D time to adjust. I also play a blocking butterfly, so that style of pad is very helpful. 

On 3/30/2022 at 10:39 AM, netminder said:

WHat does fly like birds and grow tails on homo sapiens have to do with anything? You lost me after that. Try to stay on topic. Im calling out options in Pro sets STILL not available by Bauer. Thats a fact. They offer leather straps still that make zero difference in performace, but higher thighs for different shaped goalie legs or single breaks in a pad that is tried and true for decades makes a difference to style of play too.... so why stop there with customization Bauer? Is the all RUBBER faced, melted looking pillow for leg pads, the only way its going to be built?

Bauer has a production issue. Their pads require a machine for assembly, it’s not like other brands with cutting and sewing. 

They add another machine, sales spike, and it would create too much of a bottleneck to add +1 on the customizer. Eventually, they will get there 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

At first blush, they do look backwards.

I was going to have a set made to have the “outer” rolls on the knee side. Really gamesmanship to make me look like a total newbie 🤣

You could order the Bauer printed version and have them do classic pads backwards, haha.  I further step removed from reality.

5 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

It looks like these pads are on the right way. His knees are in the knee stacks. There doesn't appear to be an outer roll, because it's not functional on modern pads. 

Really?  Not functional?  There is for sure some weight savings by not having one and perhaps the reason for having one is not something that is useful all that often, but there is a function to outer rolls.  Pads with an outer roll can do something that pads with no roll can not do.  It's more of a question of whether or not the function is desirable.

Edited by seagoal
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

What is that? As far as I know, outer rolls were used back in the day of leather pads to make sure that the pads kept their shape even when the goalie sweated a lot. The horsehair that stuffed the pads was more deformable than foam. 

In the RVH a puck goes to flip over your pad: recreate that 100 times. A pad with a roll would stop more pucks than a pad without one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

In the RVH a puck goes to flip over your pad: recreate that 100 times. A pad with a roll would stop more pucks than a pad without one. 

do you have real statistics of this?

poor Brians users, how can they live without an external roll! Shesterkin misses so many goals in RVH that it's time for him to switch to True. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RecoveringGoalie1 said:

I'm completely torn between these two if people have thoughts - not sure how the red would pop with the blue, vs the more Tron inspired blue with pale blue secondary. Don't have a specific team/jersey in mind to wear with these.

L3xJToJ.pngBPr42BQ.png

#2 with a jets or leafs jersey would be really sick

7 hours ago, ser33 said:

do you have real statistics of this?

poor Brians users, how can they live without an external roll! Shesterkin misses so many goals in RVH that it's time for him to switch to True. lol.

No. I also don't have statistics showing that bungee toe ties are more flexible than skate laces.  Statistics aren't required for common sense self-evident claims like:

A physical barrier will stop more physical things than a barrier that does not exist.

Edited by seagoal

14 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It’s time to ask the question. @netminderwhat glove, blocker, and leg pad do you wear ?

I feel like he's a CCM'er. 

9 hours ago, RecoveringGoalie1 said:

I'm completely torn between these two if people have thoughts - not sure how the red would pop with the blue, vs the more Tron inspired blue with pale blue secondary. Don't have a specific team/jersey in mind to wear with these.

L3xJToJ.pngBPr42BQ.png

They both look good. I'd go with #1, because I'm #1. 

26 minutes ago, seagoal said:

No. I also don't have statistics showing that bungee toe ties are more flexible than skate laces.  Statistics aren't required for common sense self-evident claims like:

A physical barrier will stop more physical things than a barrier that does not exist.

Yea but if the weight reduction means the goalie can move around faster and save more goals, doesn't that not only offset the 1/100 chance of the outer roll stopping a goal, but also exceed it? 

NGU.gif.8cee7ab1ebd44bda8210937c206391d3.gif

• Like 1