The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

Saw this on Instagram

4 hours ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

How no one mentioned this yet is beyond me 

CD729410-AA77-4B18-8428-94D3316BFCB1.png

Rittich? It’s refreshing to see. But of course the starter’s rarely use the color from their team’s jersey. Usually the bench-riders and minor leaguers have colorful sets. The NCAA women also tend to have colorful sets. 

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Quick tried out a True stick for one game I guess? Setup looks awesome he just needs eyecandyair back on his mask!

51A1D51E-A31D-4089-B66D-BCF011D93F93.jpeg

55F53494-72AE-4CAB-8FAA-9B71C40972D0.jpeg

I always intrigued to see that Quick gets his cages custom made so that the vertical center bar is behind the horizontal bars, insteas of in front of them, the normal way.  I've always wondered what his reasoning is for this modification.

26 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I always intrigued to see that Quick gets his cages custom made so that the vertical center bar is behind the horizontal bars, insteas of in front of them, the normal way.  I've always wondered what his reasoning is for this modification.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Someone has some locker room access. 

The guy with shower access should ask him.

I think he does it because then the middle bar is closer to your face so then it “disappears” sort of like the tip of your nose because its so close

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

No idea how we missed this. Olof Lindbom played in the Rangers preseason on Thursday with a warrior glove, blocker, and helmet. To be fair he played for an SHL team before the Rangers.

Stat Boy Steven 🇳🇱 🇮🇪 (@StatBoy_Steven) / Twitter

To add to this I also pulled apart my G5 glove to figure out why warrior gloves are so good and frankly I'm still confused. They've made it very easy to line up parts but not sure why  the padding is so thin yet so effective.

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

No idea how we missed this. Olof Lindbom played in the Rangers preseason on Thursday with a warrior glove, blocker, and helmet. To be fair he played for an SHL team before the Rangers.

Stat Boy Steven 🇳🇱 🇮🇪 (@StatBoy_Steven) / Twitter

To add to this I also pulled apart my G5 glove to figure out why warrior gloves are so good and frankly I'm still confused. They've made it very easy to line up parts but not sure why  the padding is so thin yet so effective.

Surprised the equipment manager didn't try a switch on him for the game

3 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

You would think that teams would tell marginal cusp goalies, “Just get white equipment, you’ll likely not be here much longer.” Those pads with super-detailed graphics have been rendered obsolete already by his move. 

I'm sure those will go for a good penny online or at the team's salvation sale.

26 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Surprised the equipment manager didn't try a switch on him for the game

I'm sure those will go for a good penny online or at the team's salvation sale.

I wonder if he'll stick with Warrior gloves for the next set?  

Is he headed to the AHL or back overseas after the preseason?  It seems like Warrior is more popular with the overseas pro's than in North America.

Edited by wvuviv30

11 minutes ago, wvuviv30 said:

I wonder if he'll stick with Warrior gloves for the next set?  

Is he headed to the AHL or back overseas after the preseason?

Pretty sure they’re bumping him to AHL. Would be sweet to see Warrior gear in the AHL since not much else feels like those gloves. That said, I prefer G5 feel to G6

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 10/3/2022 at 10:56 AM, MTH said:

Sharks switched to teal pants?

Yeah. Not sure if I like it or not. But I won't cry at less black accessories (helmets, pants) though. I was so happy when the Avalanche finally got it right. The black pants and helmets in Colorado always bugged me.

But I'm sad the Sharks ditched the orange accent though.

image.thumb.jpeg.0edb8d087bcd55b6620f2180319938f0.jpeg

Edited by chakal
  • Like 1