The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

26 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Apparently a lot of pros are not liking the skates as much as thought. More of a comfort issue I hear.

Probably has to do with the hinge putting additional pressure on the side of the ankle or being incorrectly sized. The hinge is the one thing on the skates besides the buckles that won’t heat mold and sometimes can be an issue from what I’ve heard. 

12 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

He's a back at best, already 30, will give you 20 games. His career numbers are terrible. 

Terrible? Okay. He has had to play on shitty devils and coyotes teams his entire career seeing almost 50 shots a game with many high end chances. To have numbers like these doing that is impressive and since being on a mediocre Dallas team he appeared better stat wise. With any amount of defensive help in front of him he would have more attractive numbers. As for his age, goalies always have developed slower and many starters are around 30. Younger goalies actually playing in the NHL is a newer trend

A50950C2-D326-426D-AF8E-F03C587255D1.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Terrible? Okay. He has had to play on shitty devils and coyotes teams his entire career seeing almost 50 shots a game with many high end chances. To have numbers like these doing that is impressive and since being on a mediocre Dallas team he appeared better stat wise. With any amount of defensive help in front of him he would have more attractive numbers. As for his age, goalies always have developed slower and many starters are around 30. Younger goalies actually playing in the NHL is a newer trend

I'm glad that even as a backup now he's recognized as a solid goalie for Dallas. As a Devils fan, he had a bit of a rough time but it didn't help he was basically thrown onto not very good teams from the start. I think he's a good goalie, just has an iffy game once and a while

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

His advanced stats are fine too.

I've been enjoying watching his play and style. He looks super dialed in and plays a really controlled athletic game. I'd say he maybe gets beat clean a touch too often, but he handles scrambles really well and displays so much fight in his play. Consider me a fan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Goalies that excel at this level stop pucks, even with mediocre D.  He's a backup at best, there is really nothing to talk about here. Just another nhl backup that will get 20 to 25 games and you hope he can get his GAA under 3. 

13 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Just pure, unadulterated FACTS. 

2 hours ago, MTH said:

NHL goalies are the same as NFL kickers. Pretty much all the same (really f-n awesome) and the team will just run the goalie that's hot until they're not. The gap between the top and bottom goalies isn't what it used to be.

Look no further than Binnington. Dude spent years in the minors, got a crack at the lineup due to an awful season, and then all of a sudden was one of the best goalies in the league. 

Since then, he's regressed to middle of the pack now, hell, his numbers are practically in line with Wedgewoods, despite playing on a better team. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Also don't forget, despite being a high draft pick, Jack Campbell didn't become an NHL starter until maybe 2 years ago?  Dude turns 31 in January.

Jack really had only 1 full nhl season, and struggled in the end. His injury issues still on-going.  But as @coopaloop1234 said like many others, middle of the pack. 

23 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Goalies that excel at this level stop pucks, even with mediocre D.  He's a backup at best, there is really nothing to talk about here. Just another nhl backup that will get 20 to 25 games and you hope he can get his GAA under 3. 

Career .910 is pretty solid given the teams he has been on. GAA might as well be a team stat just like shutouts. If you put Vasilevskiy on the Coyotes he wouldn’t be winning vezinas

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this watching the game tonight, but I guess Hart did indeed make the switch to Brian's.

Edit: Apparently I'm blind and/or have terrible memory considering this was in the first post of the thread. Nonetheless here are obligatory photos.

1615212606_CarterHart2.jpg.5e404b1500404a43c0f179865f975b70.jpg

303605262_CarterHart.thumb.jpg.6183db0f66890cfdfca987d0f4104fef.jpg

Edited by caument60
Terrible memory
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, caument60 said:

Just noticed this watching the game tonight, but I guess Hart did indeed make the switch to Brian's.

Edit: Apparently I'm blind and/or have terrible memory considering this was in the first post of the thread. Nonetheless here are obligatory photos.

1615212606_CarterHart2.jpg.5e404b1500404a43c0f179865f975b70.jpg

303605262_CarterHart.thumb.jpg.6183db0f66890cfdfca987d0f4104fef.jpg

Absolutely loving the DX2 graphic setup. Of note he's in TKA-134 GNetikV pads, GNetikV blocker, and I believe an Optik 2 glove.

24 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Murray trying out some new pads, according to the interwebs:

F31F4CE5-9A1F-4924-B72F-B22BD9753373.jpeg

As the owner of the Leafs I would be pissed that Dumbass, I mean Dubas goes out again, throws money away and gets his scraps from his OHL days thinking it's going go save the team. I mean come on Murray is so injury prone, heck he stubs his toe, he is out 4 to 6 weeks.  Had a bet with some one it wouldn't be long before Murray was out injured, probably seen the way the team played infront of him after the Montreal game and said am out..lol.

Edited by Snowman30
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

As the owner of the Leafs I would be pissed that Dumbass, I mean Dubas goes out again, throws money away and gets his scraps from his OHL days thinking it's going go save the team. I mean come on Murray is so injury prone, heck he stubs his toe, he is out 4 to 6 weeks.  Had a bet with some one it wouldn't be long before Murray was out injured, probably seen the way the team played infront of him after the Montreal game and said am out..lol.

Give it time. When he does return, I’d say a week and then he’d be out for another couple weeks due to, oh I don’t know, a paper cut!? Baby giraffe.

52 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

When he started people looked at him as some kind of a wunderkind, but turns out it's just another old man tied to the Soo.