Looking for a new mask, size problems.

I recently got a new small medium Bauer but I'm struggling with fit more and more. I'm around 55.88cm - 56cm give or take a bit depending on how tight one wraps the measuring tape. This means I'm at the end of one sizing, and the start of another which really causes me some problems. I used a medium Bauer years back, then recently got the small medium due to the medium large having too much movement when shaking my head, but now I'm finding the small medium is giving my headaches due to the tightness.

The Bauer I had before was on these sizes for the S/M and M/L

S/M  53 - 57cm.
M/L  56 - 60cm.

I fall into a bad spot being at around 56cm where I find the S/M being great for the most part, just overly tight at the top, and I'm not able to give up any more strap. Then the M/L just moves too much.

I'm looking at a few masks right now ( I cannot go custom mold right now due to game commitments ) - The Bauer 950 does have Small / Med / Large so I'm not stuck like before.

Bauer Senior 950
CCM Senior GFA Axis 1.9
Sportmask Senior X8
Warrior Senior Ritual F1 SR+

I'm going to go try some on tomorrow and see, but wanted to check if anyone has any input on the quality of the above? These should all be non plastic as far as I know. If I was off for a bit I would just go custom but I'm too committed right now. Also my budget cannot really go beyond these models, already did some upgrades and the budget is pretty limited now, already trying to get rid of my other Bauer.

Edited by OldSchoolGoalie

Long day of trying on masks. The Bauer's sadly just wont work for me anymore, too tight on the forehead and cheeks. Even went to their highest model to try, slight difference. The Warrior masks feel odd on the forehead too and have some swag near the chin. Sportmask X8s look very well made, but I tried both the Small and Medium and Small is so uncomfortable, I would need a rectangle head. The medium was just wobbling around.

I ended up with the CCM 1.9 which fits like a glove! Had to get the medium one as the small was too tight.

Edited by OldSchoolGoalie

Good buy. Is yours the new Axis 1.9. I have the GFL 1.9 M in blue. I like it. Have taken a few off of it with no problems. Bars don't get in the way of my vision. Front left bar got dented in a little a couple months ago. No broken welds or anything. Pretty solid mask. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scythe said:

Good buy. Is yours the new Axis 1.9. I have the GFL 1.9 M in blue. I like it. Have taken a few off of it with no problems. Bars don't get in the way of my vision. Front left bar got dented in a little a couple months ago. No broken welds or anything. Pretty solid mask. 

It would be this one: https://www.prohockeylife.com/products/ccm-axis-1-9-sr-goalie-mask?variant=31072304693325

On the tag it shows: GFA 1.9 (CCM Senior GFA Axis 1.9 Hockey Goalie Mask)

I really like the cage on this, and especially the leather washers too. Fits really good too.

• Like 1