• Brian's Optik
    • CCM EF Sheild 2
    • Bauer 1X
    • Passau Custom
    • Vaughn V8E

15 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

No Brown unit in there? 

I voted Passau by default.

Brown units to do no interest me. It's my understanding they are heavy and thick. Neither of which I am interested in. Also, I think everyone on here knows a Brown is bulletproof and what it is. I don't know that I would uncover any rocks with that review. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brown units to do no interest me. It's my understanding they are heavy and THICC.

Out of the ones listed, the 1X is the one the interests me most.

That and the Optik are the only real "new" C/A's on that list, I think everyone can kind of come to their own conclusions on the others just based off of previous models.

19 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brown units to do no interest me. It's my understanding they are heavy and thick. Neither of which I am interested in. Also, I think everyone on here knows a Brown is bulletproof and what it is. I don't know that I would uncover any rocks with that review. 

Brown's are tanks. Weigh like tanks, and you probably sweat like one as if you were in a tank. 

I voted Passau. Although I generally dislike CCM C/A's I don't think you could really go wrong on any of the units there. I just voted passau due to the custom nature you can dial it in, and all the adjustment that comes even stock. Plus... you know you can't resist another "TGN-Specced" item ;). 

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

@Kayen @bunnyman666 - In fairness, it's pretty consensus that Passau are solid units. Never heard too much bad about that either. I am trying to expose people to something knew. If people want to learn what's new with Passau, that's cool. I feel like we have nothing about 1X on our site and Optik / EF2 will be new. 

If that's the route you want to take - I would say Optik is the unit you should look at. As you've often said Brian's protective gear is often overlooked. I know several people with 1X's and I could likely ask for their input on it. EF2 will likely see some traction too given that is a CCM unit. 

Passau's are fairly common as well - nothing too new with them that everyone doesn't already know. 

24 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Kayen @bunnyman666 - In fairness, it's pretty consensus that Passau are solid units. Never heard too much bad about that either. I am trying to expose people to something knew. If people want to learn what's new with Passau, that's cool. I feel like we have nothing about 1X on our site and Optik / EF2 will be new. 

Then why was Passau even on the list?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

But have you tried one, that’s the question.

I have heard the “Brown are heavy, immobile sweatboxes” argument for a fair while, yet their wearers are FIERCELY devoted to them and say the opposite.

@TheGoalNet This thread is right in line with my current dilemma... I'm liking my V6 2200 beef up by Factory... But with some of the new "off the shelf" products by Brians, Bauer and Warrior my interest to switch C/A's is at an all time high.

I'm also trying to find a used Passau Unit as well... I think they're track record and devoted following would somewhat exclude them from this type of demo/review.

I went Optik for poll purposes but would also like to get my hands a Warrior RGT Pro.

I threw my vote in for Passau. While it's true that there already is a pretty strong general consensus regarding them, there isn't a ton of detailed exposure from people. Basically all you hear is "I have one, and I love it!"

Compared to the larger brands, it's easy to find more indepth reviews and video's on their CAs, as well as it's a lot easier to go into a store to try on yourself. So for that reason alone, getting a more in depth review of a Passau CA from you would be valuable for people who have heard the hype, but can't find much past that. 

That being said, I have a Passau CA and I love it! 

I went with Optik, as I'm already in a Passau (and love it!) but... the Sub 3 C/A felt fantastic off the shelf, and would be a strong contender if I was in the market for some new armour. So a solid review would be VERY intriguing to me.

Voted for Optik because I don´t have oportunity to try it in person. Second one will be 1X - tried at store but was not convinced and stayed with NXG (don´t like 1S materials), but courious how 1X works on ice... 

@TheGoalNet Will you consider stock one for review purposes or some custom unit?    

5 hours ago, mik said:

Voted for Optik because I don´t have oportunity to try it in person. Second one will be 1X - tried at store but was not convinced and stayed with NXG (don´t like 1S materials), but courious how 1X works on ice... 

@TheGoalNet Will you consider stock one for review purposes or some custom unit?    

Stock with 1 change. I will have a fighting strap added. If I want a mod, a C&A is pretty easy to do in the field 

1 minute ago, Naz said:

Kenesky have made a Prototype c/a, maybe get in touch with them and see if they are interested in a review as part of introducing their c/a

I don’t solicit gear. I either buy it or a company contacts me. 

The purpose of the poll is understanding what I should I buy to best meet the communities interest

@Chenner29  is ordering one I believe

Archived