2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

21 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I swear, @MTH - you’re like my long lost brother! I saw this post and instantly recognized it from the Panini books! I still have this one (and two others). Unlike the rich kids whose parents bought them BOXES of stickers to fill their books, I was missing a few… but I got Hayward that year! 

Hayward with 20 wins and 2.90 AVG, those are great numbers for the late 80's, especially for a back-up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, froese said:

I do that as well, actually. But I don't tape it, I just rely on the tension of the lace.

Looks like Swayman does, too.  It's been so long since I've used laces I don't even remember how I did mine.  Definitely not tape for me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chakal said:

Hayward with 20 wins and 2.90 AVG, those are great numbers for the late 80's, especially for a back-up.

Also crazy to see how many guys had >20 goals. And Robinson had 19! I think that’s the year they went to the finals against Calgary (but lost). I guess they were a better team than I realized or remembered.

So what is the main difference between the 12.2/Catalyst and 20.2/HZDUS lines anyway? The seal on both is immaculate.

What I know is the stock boot on the HZDUS is 120 degree and stiff versus the Catalyst having 110 degree and soft, and that their outer rolls are different. With how the True customizers are, you can make them nearly the same. So to refine my question: what is the difference in the core, feel, and strapping?

3 hours ago, keeperton said:

Raanta is back in Brian's.

image.png.c7e80be358df9162de1d57cc9286e319.png

image.png.5729e72bacdb8683adea482bcc261352.png

Better pictures via the Brian's instagram account. I can't tell if he's using the same calf strap mod he's had on his previous pads, but he stuck to his glove spec of 35deg with anchor-T, add the Thief eyes from the double-T.

image.thumb.png.6da35826d4a5b0bcfab82a19569e226f.png

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Laurent Brossoit

Screenshot_20231028-124104_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6bf7a1003754f164c6cfdd2d38a08391.jpg

I’ve also wondered about his pad leg channel strapping. Clearly custom, but looks after market. When Vasi wore the super open leg channel like this, it still looked like Bauer made it, these don’t. 

2 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

Noticed a lot of guys this season compared to last, favouring the matte finish on the masks. Not a fan personally. But this one? Definitely different, having that wool fibre effect is a nice touch and I like how Markstrom colours his straps. Nice unique touch.

I love the blending on the cage too.  And if you look on the inside of the cage it is not painted,  just left uniformly blank so it doesn't affect his visual field.  You can see it in front of his left eye. 

The artist had to tape off each bar only half the diameter.   Pretty neat touch. 

• Like 2