2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, when playing for his Red Bull team he's wearing a Warrior C/A. Same with Warrior pants. 

With Germany, he's wearing Bauer pants and a much smaller C/A. I highly doubt it's a Warrior unit. 

I think the chest is still warrior but possibly something unique. The shoulder and elbow floater shape is the same as a Pro+ unit. Also that's a Bauer pants shell. Too loose at the bottom on the left side

Screenshot_20231222_150904_Instagram.thumb.jpg.844fac505da33e9556cade41a04e119e.jpg

10 hours ago, Wake42 said:

Hoping to find a deal on one after they are out for a bit, otherwise that is Brown price range. 

As a certified Brown fanboy, I can tell you that the standard Brown 2400 CA is actually much cheaper than that. The current price is $839.95 CDN which currently translates to $631.33 USD. Over $100 cheaper than the CCM. 

On 12/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I think the chest is still warrior but possibly something unique. The shoulder and elbow floater shape is the same as a Pro+ unit. Also that's a Bauer pants shell. Too loose at the bottom on the left side

Screenshot_20231222_150904_Instagram.thumb.jpg.844fac505da33e9556cade41a04e119e.jpg

Hockey Reviews wore the pro+ in one of his YouTube reviews and his shoulders looked like he was wearing the curtain rod from his living room. Unless this guy did a mish mash of a c/a like the CCM/Kenesky combo, I don't think it's a full Warrior. Kirk confirmed to me that there are no NHL legal c/a in production or available. He says the regular pro is pretty close to that.

On 12/23/2023 at 5:52 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Things you love to see

Screenshot_20231223_195110_Gallery.jpg.d74128694fa3f03ac29ef5fa7aecce1e.jpg

Binnington is victim to Bedard's first lacrosse goal

Couldn't have happened to a better douche bag. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Hockey Reviews wore the pro+ in one of his YouTube reviews and his shoulders looked like he was wearing the curtain rod from his living room. Unless this guy did a mish mash of a c/a like the CCM/Kenesky combo, I don't think it's a full Warrior. Kirk confirmed to me that there are no NHL legal c/a in production or available. He says the regular pro is pretty close to that.

The difference in the pro and pro+ is a small amount of extra width to the arms and larger floaters. The shoulder caps are essentially the same. 

Look how big I look in my Rx3 pro 

DSC09075.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 6:40 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Couldn't tell ya. 

When he plays for his actual team, he's in warrior pants and fairly certain a Warrior c/a. 

This setup he's in Bauer pants and his c/a is much smaller. Warrior c/a's aren't NHL legal, and I'm assuming those same sizing constraints carry over to the IIHF as well. 

I guess one thing in NHL rules says that velcros are not allowed and all NHL goelies wear custom c/a's. But I bet 99% of young euro goalies use stock models and those should be ok in IIHF games. But there is lot of velcros in Warrior c/a's and E+/PRO+ might be oversizes as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Couldn't have happened to a better douche bag. 

The difference in the pro and pro+ is a small amount of extra width to the arms and larger floaters. The shoulder caps are essentially the same. 

Look how big I look in my Rx3 pro 

DSC09075.jpg

Here's the video in reference. I understand what you're saying. I would consider Warrior very much if they would not have barn door like shoulder caps/wings, I can't stand it. I find my Bauer 2S barely tolerable so just imagine. The very simple basic senior Warrior c/a would be my only solution if I could know that I wouldn't come out all bruised up after each game.

On 12/25/2023 at 4:58 AM, Korppi32 said:

I guess one thing in NHL rules says that velcros are not allowed and all NHL goelies wear custom c/a's. But I bet 99% of young euro goalies use stock models and those should be ok in IIHF games. But there is lot of velcros in Warrior c/a's and E+/PRO+ might be oversizes as well. 

If I'm not mistaken, the only area that pertains to the NHL rule on velcro is the shoulder harness and wings. I'm assuming that it's so no goalie can make the shoulders and/or wings sit higher than normal like Snow did.

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:12 AM, RichMan said:

Here's the video in reference. I understand what you're saying. I would consider Warrior very much if they would not have barn door like shoulder caps/wings, I can't stand it. I find my Bauer 2S barely tolerable so just imagine. The very simple basic senior Warrior c/a would be my only solution if I could know that I wouldn't come out all bruised up after each game.

The Senior version of Warrior C/A's are the same size. It's mostly the inclusion of Hypercomp that differentiates the Pro and Senior units. 

The shoulders are massive on the Warrior units and they never really connect/form around your shoulders. It feels likes there is a ton of empty space in that area that leaves a somewhat disconnected feeling.

When I started using my Mach, it was the first thing I noticed. 

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

Maybe off topic but still gear related IMO...

The Minnesota Wild should keep their retro Northstars jersey as their main jersey forever! There, I said it. Thank you.

The Wild should just switch to the North Stars and end this bull crap already.

Dallas Stars can stay. Texas, stars, America plus they've been there 30 years now. Nobody is going to mix them up. Dallas should also switch to the same colors as the Cowboys too.

image.thumb.png.10aba94a6335cfecf1478ac870919f7a.png

Edited by MTH
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Absolutely not (ignoring the fact then they'd be the same colors as the mavericks too). Do we really want another team in the NHL that's just blue and white?

I want them to go back to their Black/Green/Gold colours with the star shape at the base. 

Though, the Dallas Starbucks isn't the worst jerseys out there. 

1 hour ago, MTH said:

The Wild should just switch to the North Stars and end this bull crap already.

Dallas Stars can stay. Texas, stars, America plus they've been there 30 years now. Nobody is going to mix them up. Dallas should also switch to the same colors as the Cowboys too.

image.thumb.png.10aba94a6335cfecf1478ac870919f7a.png

That was discussed. These are from a behind the scenes look where they took a look at both the Cowboys and Texans for inspiration. 

IMG_9911.png

23 hours ago, RichMan said:

Maybe off topic but still gear related IMO...

The Minnesota Wild should keep their retro Northstars jersey as their main jersey forever! There, I said it. Thank you.

Ha I was watching a little bit of that game the other night... love those colors but the team logo stinks imo which doesn't matter 🥴

11 hours ago, Scythe said:

Ha I was watching a little bit of that game the other night... love those colors but the team logo stinks imo which doesn't matter 🥴

It's hard to see those uniforms without the original Northstars logo for sure. The goalies Dan Beaupré mask tribute is a beauty 😎