Beer

Lucky Pucker

14 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Sacrilege: 

image.jpg

Never knew that “newkie” was regarded with such disdain by Brits, until an English colleague came over and explained that it was pretty much what bums drink out of paper bags. Is that about right?

Myself, well I quite enjoy some newkie. Oh, and I enjoy Newcastle ale as well - lol!

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Never knew that “newkie” was regarded with such disdain by Brits, until an English colleague came over and explained that it was pretty much what bums drink out of paper bags. Is that about right?

Myself, well I quite enjoy some newkie. Oh, and I enjoy Newcastle ale as well - lol!

I enjoy Newkie, except now we get stuff made in America, now 😞

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Two of my recents

11AADD66-B357-4916-8D47-03493D762B42.jpeg

A2919CC5-905D-4B59-951F-DAF93A181C24.jpeg

I’ll say - as recent as page 15/last Friday, when you first posted these pics. I mean, you said you were at a Christmas party, but MAN you must have gotten fucked up! I bet morning-after SBR wasn’t too pleased - lol! 

I wanted to ask about Garvies Juice Break, but figured you wouldn’t remember much. Has a pretty good rating on Untappd though.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:39 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Congratulations to your son!

Thanks, man. He scores a bunch every game because he was egregiously overlooked during club sort outs while the fat fuckers doing assessments focused on the clique kids whose over bearing parents made back door deals to make sure their can’t-skate-little-shits made the “A” and “B” teams. So he’s stuck on C, even though he’s second year/senior Novice.

Oh, and all of this fucking bullshit politics and crap? Yeah, it’s for 7 and 8 year olds playing house league. Unreal.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:50 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Thanks, man. He scores a bunch every game because he was egregiously overlooked during club sort outs while the fat fuckers doing assessments focused on the clique kids whose over bearing parents made back door deals to make sure their can’t-skate-little-shits made the “A” and “B” teams. So he’s stuck on C, even though he’s second year/senior Novice.

Start a Go Fund Me: "Help me raise funds so I can stick it to the other hockey parents"

I'll contribute this picture to help draw in interest from the old hockey moms.

Untitled.png.5f697a2285f3518f32c5a57cfbfadea2.png

On 12/12/2019 at 8:50 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

I’ll say - as recent as page 15/last Friday, when you first posted these pics. I mean, you said you were at a Christmas party, but MAN you must have gotten fucked up! I bet morning-after SBR wasn’t too pleased - lol! 

I wanted to ask about Garvies Juice Break, but figured you wouldn’t remember much. Has a pretty good rating on Untappd though.

Hold on I posted those that night?  Geez.  Yea, I got fucked up that night.  I was hungover most of the next day.  I mixed my drinks a but too much.  My 3 IPAs, I tried a cup of Pink Whitney for the first time, and 2 glasses of Bailey's.  First time ever that I was hungover from a night of drinking that didn't include tequila.  I honestly have no recollection of posting them.  I noticed the pictures in my camera roll and said to myself shit its almost a week later and still havent posted these?  Even in a drunken stupor I still think about sharing my brews with you bud hahahaha.

As far as the Garvies I will tell you it was fucking delicious.  I do remember that.  I will definitely get a few more of those next time I go to the Bev.

Thanks, man. He scores a bunch every game because he was egregiously overlooked during club sort outs while the fat fuckers doing assessments focused on the clique kids whose overbearing parents made back door deals to make sure their can’t-skate-little-shits made the “A” and “B” teams. So he’s stuck on C, even though he’s second year/senior Novice.

Oh, and all of this fucking bullshit politics and crap? Yeah, it’s for 7 and 8 year olds playing house league. Unreal.

Yup, sounds about par for the course.  Kids athletics is fucking awful because of parents.  I can't wait to deal with that shit in a few years...🙄

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was from a while back, but the resto bar at our league rink has windows looking down on the rinks. My buddy had played earlier, and went to the bar after. He snapped this pic of his Creemore while watching my game (he must have been pretty quick; there were not many chances to get a pic of me NOT getting scored on in that game!)

A9640F10-95DE-427E-BA7A-A0188A6D1704.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

This was from a while back, but the resto bar at our league rink has windows looking down on the rinks. My buddy had played earlier, and went to the bar after. He snapped this pic of his Creemore while watching my game (he must have been pretty quick; there were not many chances to get a pic of me NOT getting scored on in that game!)

A9640F10-95DE-427E-BA7A-A0188A6D1704.jpeg

That's a commercial right there bro :D 

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It was delicious.  One of my favorites outside of the Trillium and Tree House brands is Sloop's Juice Bomb IPA.  I've had quite a few of their beers and they've all been top notch.

The reviews of Juice Bomb look like it’s my kind of IPA, but none of my friends have had it - and I have friends who literally travels hours and hours for US beers (which is how I know how fucking good Tree House stuff is!)

That said, the best IPAs within an hour from me are from Brasserie du Bas Canada, across the river in Quebec. Their stuff is honestly on par with VT and MA’s best. But they’re getting stupid popular, and it’s a pain to get.