Beer

Lucky Pucker

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yeah, I'm a fan alright! I tried to drop in quickly around quittin' time on Friday, and couldn't even find a spot to park! I kinda miss the old days when they were much smaller; I'd go right in, talk to the brewers, no crowds or anything - but I'm happy for them that they're doing so well!

Yeah it's the trouble with being a success, you are happy for them to succeed, but it's hard to have them become unreachable. If you have the time to travel, I highly suggest Tuque de Broue http://www.tuquedebroue.ca/fr/

Nicolas the owner is an amazing guy, really personable, with great beer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johncho said:

Yeah it's the trouble with being a success, you are happy for them to succeed, but it's hard to have them become unreachable. If you have the time to travel, I highly suggest Tuque de Broue http://www.tuquedebroue.ca/fr/

Nicolas the owner is an amazing guy, really personable, with great beer.

I don't have time - or money; instead, I have kids - LOL!

I've tried a few of theirs (available at LCBO), but was underwhelmed, to be honest. I'd certainly travel to Brasserie du Bas Canada though! They are on point!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Wasn’t really a fan of this one. 

D932F6EC-8A0D-434D-9340-3C0D638B8380.jpeg

Shit - really? Everything about it seems to check out though. What do you give it out of five?

In other beer news, I received my 3rd order from Dominion City, as they just did another batch of my favourite from them, Sunsplit IPA. Good guys there; they have an option to add a donation to local food banks (which my wife and I have done).

image.jpg

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What's a double indian pale ale and how does it differ from a regular pale ale? 

Just back away, Coop; you’re just gonna get hurt... LOL!

In all seriousness, an Indiana pale ale is higher in alcohol, as it preserves better, and the style was originated in the 19th c. so that beer could be sent from England to troops in India (and survive the long sea voyage).

In the modern era, the double IPA (or imperial IPA) kinda just means higher alcohol (about >7.9% ABV)

15 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Just back away, Coop; you’re just gonna get hurt... LOL!

In all seriousness, an Indiana pale ale is higher in alcohol, as it preserves better, and the style was originated in the 19th c. so that beer could be sent from England to troops in India (and survive the long sea voyage).

In the modern era, the double IPA (or imperial IPA) kinda just means higher alcohol (about >7.9% ABV)

giphy.gif.1a60cebac5b83ed76a195c4929e9ab87.gif

Appreciate the explanation. Just never hard of one before. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

giphy.gif.1a60cebac5b83ed76a195c4929e9ab87.gif

Appreciate the explanation. Just never hard of one before. 

DIPA's are delicious.  They're usually extra hoppy and very crisp.  Looking at my Untappd account it's clear that between DIPAs and Imperial Stouts I drink WAY too many high ABV beers...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

DIPA's are delicious.  They're usually extra hoppy and very crisp.  Looking at my Untappd account it's clear that between DIPAs and Imperial Stouts I drink WAY too many high ABV beers...

Lol! Similar here - had a quick look at mine, and I’m at about 95 different DIPAs (and hundreds of IPAs in general). Only a few dozen Russian/imperial stouts, which even when its -30 Celsius, I find make me feel too warm.