Beer

Lucky Pucker

So I’m not suggesting that there is a correlation between beer and hockey; I’m straight up saying it. I love both. Sure, maybe there’s years of conditioning behind it, via big brewer advertising, but whatever. 

So what beer are you drinking? What beer did you/will you/do you drink?

Had a great pick up game today (only allowed 4!) Celebrating right now with a “life in the clouds” a hazy NEIPA by Collective Arts. Of course, had I let in 10 or more, it would have been consolation instead of celebration- but the beer would be the same! Lol!

79E5FB78-A0B2-4DE3-97F9-67FA7429D2EB.jpeg

I miss the hell out of beer. But being post op with post-op pain killers, beer is a 10 million % no go! Beer was a no go at the worst of my gut troubles, as well. 

But what does the ol’ rabbit like?

1) Stella Artois

2) Kronenberg

3) Boddingtons

4) Blue Moon

5) Original Coors

6) Budweiser

7) King Cobra Premium Malt Liquor

? Bud Select

9) Bud Light

10) Rolling Rock

11) my local microbrewers have a slough of great beers that will make me such a fan that I get a growler of it! Really- that answer should go at slot #4. I am very adventurous! But not right now :(

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I miss the hell out of beer. But being post op with post-op pain killers, beer is a 10 million % no go! Beer was a no go at the worst of my gut troubles, as well. If I can

But what does the ol’ rabbit like?

1) Stella Artois

2) Kronenberg

3) Boddingtons

4) Blue Moon

5) Original Coors

6) Budweiser

7) King Cobra Premium Malt Liquor

? Bud Select

9) Bud Light

10) Rolling Rock

11) my local microbrewers have a slough of great beers that will make me such a fan that I get a growler of it! Really- that answer should go at slot #4. I am very adventurous! But not right now :(

Damn - as I went to post, I was thinking “shit... bunnyman probably isn’t pinting up at the mo’...Maybe this is a tad insensitive...” Glad to see your favs listed just the same!

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Damn - as I went to post, I was thinking “shit... bunnyman probably isn’t pinting up at the mo’...Maybe this is a tad insensitive...” Glad to see your favs listed just the same!

Never fear- I will be back with beer in about 6 months.

• Like 1

OHHHH BOY! beer???

1) Leffe blond, i never really get tired of this beer, its my bread and butter of bear

2) Westmalle Triple, strong good, cant drink alot of them though make you feel sick pretty quick

3)Chimay blue, dark heavy amazing

4) Houblon Chouffe, a food beer, perfect to drink with a nice big steak

5) Rochefort 10, another dark good beer, perfect to drink with more beer

6)Delirium red, the only fruit beer i drink, its not sweet and its very alcoholic

All this beer talk makes me want a beer *sigh*

(I refuse to drink stella, its not good, jupiler is just as cheap and better)

• Like 1

I'm old and "get off my lawn"-ish.... I like plain ole beer!  Nothing fancy at all like MicroBrews and such, they give me a headache in fact.  Hate dark beer too, Guiness looks like a big cup of Chewing Tobacco spit...

1- Miller HighLife
2- Miller Genuine Draft 
3- Budweiser (Canadian version)
4- LoneStar from Texas
5- Michelob
6- Henry Weinhard's
7- Lucky (if you are from BC you will know Lucky!)
8- Kokanee

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Naz said:

I'm old and "get off my lawn"-ish.... I like plain ole beer!  Nothing fancy at all like MicroBrews and such, they give me a headache in fact.  Hate dark beer too, Guiness looks like a big cup of Chewing Tobacco spit...

1- Miller HighLife
2- Miller Genuine Draft 
3- Budweiser (Canadian version)
4- LoneStar from Texas
5- Michelob
6- Henry Weinhard's
7- Lucky (if you are from BC you will know Lucky!)
8- Kokanee

You know, as an Islander, I'm surprised you didn't have Lucky as #1.

Myself? My favourite beer is cold and someone else's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

OHHHH BOY! beer???

1) Leffe blond, i never really get tired of this beer, its my bread and butter of bear

2) Westmalle Triple, strong good, cant drink alot of them though make you feel sick pretty quick

3)Chimay blue, dark heavy amazing

4) Houblon Chouffe, a food beer, perfect to drink with a nice big steak

5) Rochefort 10, another dark good beer, perfect to drink with more beer

6)Delirium red, the only fruit beer i drink, its not sweet and its very alcoholic

All this beer talk makes me want a beer *sigh*

(I refuse to drink stella, its not good, jupiler is just as cheap and better)

Oh, fuck yes! I’ve had all of those - and they are awesome!!! But no sour ales in your list...? 

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You know, as an Islander, I'm surprised you didn't have Lucky as #1.

Funny story.. years ago I was at Merrit Mountain Music Fest... wandering through the campgrounds and these guys had a HUGE pyramid of empty Lucky cans... I said "you boys are from the Island aren'tcha?"   Yep, they were from Comox!

Many a night forgotten thanks to Lucky....  the National Beer of Vancouver Island

• Haha 1

Into craft brews, especially stouts.

For the stouts I really enjoyed so far...
- Le Castor
- Glutenberg
- Beaus Cherry Stout
- St-Ambroise
- Murphys
- Mill St. Cobblestone

Also trying to find the right tasting non-alcoholic beer for those days I don't feel like a knock in the head or liver. Super Bock is a good one so far. I did enjoy this one below, but the company stopped making it :(

image.png.a50def8500a8dd03a48d063932f6502e.png

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichMan said:

- Le Castor
- Glutenberg
- Beaus Cherry Stout
- St-Ambroise
- Murphys
- Mill St. Cobblestone

Also trying to find the right tasting non-alcoholic beer for those days I don't feel like a knock in the head or liver. Super Bok is a good one so far. I did enjoy this one below, but the company stopped making it :(

I wish there were better NA’s in my locale. I could give a whip whether or not I get intoxicated by a beer, except when I don’t want to get ploughed and need to wake up fresh as a daisy or be legal to drive. There are no craft NA’s in my neck of the woods that I am aware of, so the choices are O’Doul’s (almost tastes like weak beer), Sharp’s (never tried it) and some other from the usual macro brewers. They all taste the same (blech). 

10 hours ago, RichMan said:

- Le Castor
- Glutenberg
- Beaus Cherry Stout
- St-Ambroise
- Murphys
- Mill St. Cobblestone

Also trying to find the right tasting non-alcoholic beer for those days I don't feel like a knock in the head or liver. Super Bock is a good one so far. I did enjoy this one below, but the company stopped making it :(

Ooooh! Le Castor does good work! Big fan!

given your tastes, you might like Dominion City Lost Train oatmeal stout. Very nice, and local (they’re in Gloucester/east end of Ottawa)

• Like 1

Now this is my kind of thread... When it comes to beer, I generally don't discriminate. My favorite microbrews are Wicked Weed's Freak of Nature double IPA (Asheville, NC),  Greenbrier Valley Brewing Co.'s Wild Trail pale ale (Maxwelton, WV), and Chestnut Brew Works' Halleck pale ale (Morgantown, WV). But I mostly keep Miller Lite or Labatt (and a couple different bourbons) stocked at the house. After hockey beers are generally whatever my teammates buy for that week. 

• Like 1