Beer

Lucky Pucker

Coached my son’s Novice team to a comfortable 23-5 win, 8 G 5A for Pucker Jr. But then in Canada, they decided not to keep score in Novice anymore, so the game sheet says 0-0 (yes, we still have to fill in and submit a game sheet... what the actual fuck, I know).

Anyway, cracked a beer while sewing the crest back to the GC jersey I finally got with 3 games left in the season. Pleasantly surprised by this hockey-themed Enforcer IPA by Toronto area brewers Northern Maverick - 4/5 stars!

F1409E17-2B6F-4C17-BC58-30CB75DE9C8C.jpeg

17 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Coached my son’s Novice team to a comfortable 23-5 win, 8 G 5A for Pucker Jr. But then in Canada, they decided not to keep score in Novice anymore, so the game sheet says 0-0 (yes, we still have to fill in and submit a game sheet... what the actual fuck, I know).

Anyway, cracked a beer while sewing the crest back to the GC jersey I finally got with 3 games left in the season. Pleasantly surprised by this hockey-themed Enforcer IPA by Toronto area brewers Northern Maverick - 4/5 stars!

F1409E17-2B6F-4C17-BC58-30CB75DE9C8C.jpeg

Hot jersey B|

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I had a really good Other Half IPA the other night.  My wife even enjoyed it.  I have a picture on my phone but never posted it.

edit - added picture 

E4150151-F5CF-43F5-BE1F-7E82F09ECC97.jpeg

Damn, son! This is another you’ve posted that rates higher than 4 in Untappd! Must have been amazing... so, like, fuck you. And cheers! Lol!
Had to look up what a prickly pear was, which I assume is what gave it that colour. 

23 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It was good.  Nothing too special.  Had better had worse.  The one you just posted sounds delightful though.

It really was! I had kinda shied away from that brewery as they had some underwhelming brews for a while, but a buddy whose tastes I trust brought these over for me and said they were really good.

20 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

It really was! I had kinda shied away from that brewery as they had some underwhelming brews for a while, but a buddy whose tastes I trust brought these over for me and said they were really good.

The description definitely sounds like a winner.  I picked up a few strawberry cream, etc, IPAs from Other Half that even my wife loves.  I had to go back to the bev and get a few more since she liked the one I posted earlier in the thread but they were out by the time she tried it.  Didn't wanna chance her missing out on these too lol.  We got the kids to bed somewhat early saturday night, ordered some delicious Peruvian take out, kicked back and had a few beers together.  They hit nice too at 8% ABV.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The description definitely sounds like a winner.  I picked up a few strawberry cream, etc, IPAs from Other Half that even my wife loves.  I had to go back to the bev and get a few more since she liked the one I posted earlier in the thread but they were out by the time she tried it.  Didn't wanna chance her missing out on these too lol.  We got the kids to bed somewhat early saturday night, ordered some delicious Peruvian take out, kicked back and had a few beers together.  They hit nice too at 8% ABV.  

Man - call me what you will, but that sounds like a perfect Saturday night to me! 🙂

...but then sometimes I ruin it by saying "hey babe - the game's on; mind if we watch it...?" LOL!

Edited by Lucky Pucker

9 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This is from Saturday night movie night 
B4704AEB-EB4E-43B7-B9AB-3D8194D7A6F5.jpeg

This is a fresh pour for lunch today on my day off haha

51D8DC43-8366-4E3E-BF3D-03266753064F.thumb.jpeg.afad097a95a7a1aef5532b7ae98d4d99.jpeg

Liquid lunching it, huh? You're an asshole, and I hate you. At least have the decency to drink a shitty beer that I DON'T want. Christ, dude - it's LUNCH!

Signed,

Jealousy Jealouser

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:19 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Man - call me what you will, but that sounds like a perfect Saturday night to me! 🙂

...but then sometimes I ruin it by saying "hey babe - the game's on; mind if we watch it...?" LOL!

On 3/3/2020 at 12:22 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Liquid lunching it, huh? You're an asshole, and I hate you. At least have the decency to drink a shitty beer that I DON'T want. Christ, dude - it's LUNCH!

Signed,

Jealousy Jealouser

it was a good night.  As well as a good lunch lol.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Was on the ice for my daughter’s practice, then coached my son’s team to another stunning 0-0 finish in which he had 7 goals, and the wife’s out shopping. As beer o’clock approaches, I’m trying to figure out which beer to drink. Any help, @SaveByRichter35...?

image.jpg

Two days late, sorry dude.  I would have went with the hazy.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Was on the ice for my daughter’s practice, then coached my son’s team to another stunning 0-0 finish in which he had 7 goals, and the wife’s out shopping. As beer o’clock approaches, I’m trying to figure out which beer to drink. Any help, @SaveByRichter35...?

image.jpg

Dominion City Brewery is amazing, I have their Buck-A-Beer can on my desk as a memento.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Two days late, sorry dude.  I would have went with the hazy.

Fuck, that's weird; despite the relatively non-descript can, that's the one I went with!  I guess we just have that kind of connection, man. @coopaloop1234's gonna be so jealous. Again. LOL!

Yeah, this one was a beaut! I'll buy this one again.

image.thumb.png.f7d692135e932a67c47ab510cb07a174.png

2 hours ago, johncho said:

Dominion City Brewery is amazing, I have their Buck-A-Beer can on my desk as a memento.

Yeah, I'm a fan alright! I tried to drop in quickly around quittin' time on Friday, and couldn't even find a spot to park! I kinda miss the old days when they were much smaller; I'd go right in, talk to the brewers, no crowds or anything - but I'm happy for them that they're doing so well!

• Like 1