Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

On 11/12/2017 at 9:55 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Bendy design?

The Supreme line has twists in the edges of the paddle near where the shaft meets the paddle and the paddle meets the blade. This helps with balance 

it also makes makes the front paddle part of the stick flat. A traditional stick paddle would be convex a bit 

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

The Supreme line has twists in the edges of the paddle near where the shaft meets the paddle and the paddle meets the blade. This helps with balance 

it also makes makes the front paddle part of the stick flat. A traditional stick paddle would be convex a bit 

Literally the only thing I liked about Bauer composites. My first stick was a Supreme and loved the paddle.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:13 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, also confusing for the retail sales people too. Any supreme before TotalOne fit like a player Supreme. TotalOne changed to a player's Vapor fit. Then the Reactor came out to fill the void of the old Supreme fit. 

Many sales reps don't know this. When I got my 1S skates, I told them I had One100 player and goalie skates. They instantly threw me into 1S. I learned afterword about the change. 

This explains why I had some growing pains with the 1S and why they didn't instantly fit like a glove like my other skates. 

This kind of discourse needs to be pushed more. Unfortunately I picked up S190's last year after being in One100's which were extremely comfortable for years. It's been a full year of playing 2-4x a week and the skates haven't really "broken in". I'm getting blisters and bruising on my bunions and inner ankle bone... That said the reps told me the same thing "Supreme will fit the same."  

On 10/31/2017 at 7:57 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, that is correct. 

When is doubt look at Vapor too. Vapor line is a more accommodating fit. 

And of course to follow up on this statement, I wonder if the X900's will fix my woes. My feet are getting destroyed by my S190's... 

@Kayen - I had that same issue, but my blisters were small. I didn't hit the "destroyed" level though 

I've found taking an extra 1 min to really get my heel into place on the 1S before tying them makes a world of difference. 

At the recommendation of @BMFSdesigns , I also started skipping an eyelit around this ankle. This seems to change the angle at which my foot is secured into place. Early to confirm it's a game changer... but it's been good so far 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Kayen - I had that same issue, but my blisters were small. I didn't hit the "destroyed" level though 

I've found taking an extra 1 min to really get my heel into place on the 1S before tying them makes a world of difference. 

At the recommendation of @BMFSdesigns , I also started skipping an eyelit around this ankle. This seems to change the angle at which my foot is secured into place. Early to confirm it's a game changer... but it's been good so far 

I'm hyperbolizing a bit, but around the bunion and ankle it'll hurt in a normal shoe again. 
@TheGoalNet I tie my skates Scrivens style. I skip the 3rd eyelet from the top and the top 2 eyelets are done inside out to prevent lace bite as well, and that helped for a bit, but the pain has come back. I want to nip this in the bud sooner or later since I rely quite extensively on skating in my game as I don't have much of a butterfly at all. 

Sorry @Kayen, sounds like they just don’t work and an idiot retail employee strikes again 

I’ve never gotten lace bite, but just skipping the 3rd eyelit seems to alliviate my minor issue. It also really feel like it locks my foot better. Very disappointed I never tried this sooner 

2S has a new “lock” system. Very curious to see that and what it is. Working on getting info 

On 11/16/2017 at 8:00 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry @Kayen, sounds like they just don’t work and an idiot retail employee strikes again 

I’ve never gotten lace bite, but just skipping the 3rd eyelit seems to alliviate my minor issue. It also really feel like it locks my foot better. Very disappointed I never tried this sooner 

2S has a new “lock” system. Very curious to see that and what it is. Working on getting info 

Well looks like i've gotten someone to buy my S190's and line up some X900's. Are you familiar if overall sizing will be similar? I may or may not be on limited time so not sure if i have time to properly fit it in store. 

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

New Bauer 2S Skates and NME VTX arrived for testing. . . 

Not sure if it's just me but the boot looks shorter. Also let us know how you like the new steel.. intrigued to know how it compares to others.