Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

I just talked after sunday game with one of my teammates (player). He was years vapor skate user and now goes to 1S and didn´t feel much difference (??). I usualy see goalies who don´t care at all, it is just goalie skates for them. Seems to be guys with custom pro pads&gloves and lowest model of skates, weird.  

3 hours ago, mik said:

I just talked after sunday game with one of my teammates (player). He was years vapor skate user and now goes to 1S and didn´t feel much difference (??). I usualy see goalies who don´t care at all, it is just goalie skates for them. Seems to be guys with custom pro pads&gloves and lowest model of skates, weird.  

Just as an FYI, there is no similarity to Supreme players skates and goalie and Vapor player and goalie skates. 

Supreme player = Vapor Goalie 

Vapor player = Supreme goalie 

I don’t think that’s what you were saying above, but felt like a good time to bring that up as it’s confusing 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Just as an FYI, there is no similarity to Supreme players skates and goalie and Vapor player and goalie skates. 

Supreme player = Vapor Goalie 

Vapor player = Supreme goalie 

I don’t think that’s what you were saying above, but felt like a good time to bring that up as it’s confusing 

Thanks, didn´t know that and it is interesting... and confusing, because they use same names (1S, 1X, ONE100...)  

On 10/31/2017 at 8:35 AM, mik said:

Thanks, didn´t know that and it is interesting... and confusing, because they use same names (1S, 1X, ONE100...)  

Yes, also confusing for the retail sales people too. Any supreme before TotalOne fit like a player Supreme. TotalOne changed to a player's Vapor fit. Then the Reactor came out to fill the void of the old Supreme fit. 

Many sales reps don't know this. When I got my 1S skates, I told them I had One100 player and goalie skates. They instantly threw me into 1S. I learned afterword about the change. 

This explains why I had some growing pains with the 1S and why they didn't instantly fit like a glove like my other skates. 

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Curious, why do you say that?

I have experience in skate fitting. The CCM part is evident because of how behind they are in tech and the decision they make just to add a bulletpoint to their products. Like D3O in the tongue of a goalie skate...

I was watching CHL highlights and the peculiar back of Dominik Hrachovina's 1S pads caught my eye. Wondering if these are skinned as 1S, or are just heavily modded? He was a Warrior guy the last few seasons. Sorry for the blurry Zapruder quality.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.28.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.29.01 PM.jpg

EDIT: Here's a clear picture of the front of the pad.

59f952177e55e_171020_Tappara-Ilves_15_HrachovinaDominik.thumb.jpg.7c8a76df911aa930baefe1a2f2a62355.jpg

Edited by Moose75

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 1S ships with tabs for leather straps. It looks like he added some leather on top of the 1S CRS system 

Also looks like he's got maybe the 1X leg channel/calf wings, if not something even more different. Haven't seen calf wings that were a different colour than the pad back before. 

So I had my second game in my X700 skates and the experience was slightly better. This time I laced them up tighter which gave me the support I lacked in my previous game. It's not perfect but better. I'm sure the 1X would be much better overall. I did feel some slight stress when in a wider stance than usual but it was manageable.

My t-pushes and shuffles and pic-slides were more comfortable. Still need to get used to the b-fly slides and my recovery b-fly is still on the fence.

Where I seem to see a significant difference to what I'm used to is when I go hybrid. If I have to kick save or 2 pad stack (both I still do on rare occasions), I find harder to work with due to what I think is the extra height and the edges catching and unexpectedly the lightness of the skate (however odd that may seem).

Maybe 3 times the charm, or as we frenchies say "jamais 2 sans 3". I'll report on them next Sunday.

What do you mean the back of the paddle is like a player stick? 

Is that the ERGO spin? Do you mean there is a a large rib on he back of the paddle? 

Maybe that also has to do with the 2 “pro” level sticks. A crazy design and 1 in line with what people are used to?

2 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Back of 2S stick is like player stick and paddle is very thin. 

I have a feeling 2S probably won't be great for durability if they made the paddle even thinner and dropped the weight by 10%...

Edited by 1C5

@1C5 - Complete speculation...

I bet that 2S is probably the same weight as 1S and better durability. Maybe even a price decrease?

I am sure the explanation of the backside spine, described "like a player's stick", is another unique bendy design to try and maintain the stiffness / durability with the weight decrease. . . Will be fun to see!!! 

I really like the bendy design. I have that on my NXG. 

But it looks like I may build sticks before building masques, as nobody is building quite what I want. I want a dash of this with a sprinkle of that with a healthy helping of something else. It looks like I will not get a Curtis Curve unless I build it myself.

Stay tuned. It looks like I will be buying stuff off the peg for awhile longer.