Sher-Wood BPM150

TheGoalNet

Been using the BPM 150 on and off for about 12 months 

Given some of the other sticks I’ve had the opportunity to test and some of the other gear, I haven’t had the band width to post much about this stick...

If you’re not aware, it’s the only stick on the market that’s lighter than 1S. To put this into context, if Bauer didn’t discontinue 1S at retail, it would have the lightest 2 sticks on the market with 1S and 2S Pro. What am I getting at? Sher-Wood is really the only company close to Bauer right now in weight and that’s saying something 

The stick also uses Graphene which is the strongest material ever tested ( Wikipedia ). From my day job, I know lots of industrial companies use it or talk about it and that it’s not marketing BS. It’s durable. 

Also, this stick gives crazy hot rebounds. Pucks fly into the glass and out of play. It’s something that really stands out compared to other sticks I’ve tested. I’m surprised this is a topic we don’t talk about more with composite sticks... instead of making them trying to feel like foam cores, why don’t they engineer them to work better and do things foam cores can’t... like rocket pucks into the stands?

My only downside is that it doesn’t come with a rubberized grip. I added a spray on plasti grip and it’s worked okay so far. 

Anyway... I owe this stick an apology. It’s about $75 less than a 2S Pro and should be on your list if you’re looking at CCM P2 or CR1

#BlackTapeBandits 

AC0E14A5-C2A5-4E66-A8D4-D5348E32F793.jpeg

Been using this stick for about 5 days a week for maybe 4, 5 months and just now noticed a crack at the bottom of the middle of my blade. That’s partly my fault as I basically never used my backup sticking that time. I now own a bpm120 which I’m pretty sure excludes the graphene but has been great in 3 practices so far 

My son has been using the T120 and know the BPM 150 and loves them - they seem to have a good life cycle, on the ice 5-6 times a week they are lasting him 6 months +++ I also found where to buy them in Montreal and just wait till their on sale @ about $200

3 hours ago, Big2 said:

My son has been using the T120 and know the BPM 150 and loves them - they seem to have a good life cycle, on the ice 5-6 times a week they are lasting him 6 months +++ I also found where to buy them in Montreal and just wait till their on sale @ about $200

Thats 200 CAD?

5 hours ago, MadsM said:

Not wanting to de-rail the thread but do you know about the "SHER-WOOD Comp Goal Stick Stick True Touch T70"   Looking for a christmas present for my significant other, but can't find the 150 bpm in Europe.

Sorry, don’t 

11 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Been using this stick for about 5 days a week for maybe 4, 5 months and just now noticed a crack at the bottom of the middle of my blade. That’s partly my fault as I basically never used my backup sticking that time. I now own a bpm120 which I’m pretty sure excludes the graphene but has been great in 3 practices so far 

I think you’re correct. Only on the 150

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Been using the BPM 150 on and off for about 12 months 

Given some of the other sticks I’ve had the opportunity to test and some of the other gear, I haven’t had the band width to post much about this stick...

If you’re not aware, it’s the only stick on the market that’s lighter than 1S. To put this into context, if Bauer didn’t discontinue 1S at retail, it would have the lightest 2 sticks on the market with 1S and 2S Pro. What am I getting at? Sher-Wood is really the only company close to Bauer right now in weight and that’s saying something 

The stick also uses Graphene which is the strongest material ever tested ( Wikipedia ). From my day job, I know lots of industrial companies use it or talk about it and that it’s not marketing BS. It’s durable. 

Also, this stick gives crazy hot rebounds. Pucks fly into the glass and out of play. It’s something that really stands out compared to other sticks I’ve tested. I’m surprised this is a topic we don’t talk about more with composite sticks... instead of making them trying to feel like foam cores, why don’t they engineer them to work better and do things foam cores can’t... like rocket pucks into the stands?

My only downside is that it doesn’t come with a rubberized grip. I added a spray on plasti grip and it’s worked okay so far. 

Anyway... I owe this stick an apology. It’s about $75 less than a 2S Pro and should be on your list if you’re looking at CCM P2 or CR1

#BlackTapeBandits 

AC0E14A5-C2A5-4E66-A8D4-D5348E32F793.jpeg

I have the 120, and love it!

I also did it up in black tape; it would seem like a crime against nature to do otherwise. So can I join the #BlackTapeBandits...?

46DB6D97-55BF-41A8-A943-A3A8D91B7656.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I have the 120, and love it!

I also did it up in black tape; it would seem like a crime against nature to do otherwise. So can I join the #BlackTapeBandits...?

46DB6D97-55BF-41A8-A943-A3A8D91B7656.jpeg

Ha, it’s free like joining the website... 

just need black tape to be a member! 

4 hours ago, Big2 said:

Yep $200 Cdn

The Hockey shop is selling them right now for that price with free shipping, just have to pay $5 oversize fee. I was looking at Bauer 1s/1x and CR1 stick but after seeing this on here going to have to look at there a little more. Thanks Boss for starting this thread about this stick. 🙂

On 12/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, Snowman30 said:

The Hockey shop is selling them right now for that price with free shipping, just have to pay $5 oversize fee. I was looking at Bauer 1s/1x and CR1 stick but after seeing this on here going to have to look at there a little more. Thanks Boss for starting this thread about this stick. 🙂

They ship to the States?

3 minutes ago, Math. said:

@Lucky Pucker, @TheGoalNet, possible to have a true mesurement on these? 

I have become extremely sceptical of hockey stick sizing after some experiences with widely varying mesurements from companies marketing their sticks has 26 inchers with none of them actualy mesuring 26" nowhere on any given two points of the stick!

Where do you want it measured to?

On 12/15/2018 at 6:21 AM, MadsM said:

Not wanting to de-rail the thread but do you know about the "SHER-WOOD Comp Goal Stick Stick True Touch T70"   Looking for a christmas present for my significant other, but can't find the 150 bpm in Europe.

If you can find a T80 it's a much better stick.  I had a T70 as a backup and after a few ice times it started breaking apart on me.  The T80 is much lighter and so far has been very durable.  I am very active with my stick so very hard on them.  I didn't expect this thing to last this long, but it is going strong.

22 hours ago, Math. said:

@Lucky Pucker, @TheGoalNet, possible to have a true mesurement on these? 

I have become extremely sceptical of hockey stick sizing after some experiences with widely varying mesurements from companies marketing their sticks has 26 inchers with none of them actualy mesuring 26" nowhere on any given two points of the stick!

Shit - sorry I forgot about this ask.

following the Goalie Monkey method, I’m getting 27” on my 120 which is listed/printed as 25”

HTH!

AC9B1FFD-F32C-4378-8707-1738DEE0D6BE.jpeg

I think at one point we were trying to put together a database of users heights and stick sizes and it was derailed because everyone would just post the size written on the stick, which isn't helpful at all. 

I think there's definitely still value of having that kind of database then, for people to be able to compare when changing between brands. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I think at one point we were trying to put together a database of users heights and stick sizes and it was derailed because everyone would just post the size written on the stick, which isn't helpful at all. 

I think there's definitely still value of having that kind of database then, for people to be able to compare when changing between brands. 

Yes, I posted these pictures there as well too.

I spent like 20 minutes at Pure Hockey comparing sticks the other days. Everyone is a bit different... but from what I could find... Bauer, Sher-wood, CCM, and True are close... 26" = 26". It seemed like Warrior was always a bit off. It's my understanding their lies are slightly different.

@SaveByRichter35 is going to measure his 25" and 26" warrior for us to add as data points

Archived