2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Shannon Szabados posted her new G3 set on her Twitter account... big switch from CCM

Nice even has the pants and twig to go with her new kit! Would be interesting to find out if she is also sporting one of their CA's?

18 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Great pic of Duby's 1X leg channel on his 2S pads via InGoal Mag

Pretty convinced that's the best possible Bauer set up. I'm pretty confident he has a precurve above the knee as well. 

Its a shame Bauer isn't doing custom yet

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Pretty convinced that's the best possible Bauer set up. I'm pretty confident he has a precurve above the knee as well. 

Its a shame Bauer isn't doing custom yet

You can also see he also has a 45 degree knee block too. Just like the on Bauer 1X.

9 minutes ago, Bell31 said:

You can also see he also has a 45 degree knee block too. Just like the on Bauer 1X.

His leg channel is literally everything from the Vapor. Check out the earlier pics of his old pads. The inner wing even says 1X on it! 

44 minutes ago, chakal said:

Lighter pads, Lighter catcher (845 grams instead of 1200 grams) and lighter blocker. Non negligible points.

Thanks Chakal.  I'm looking to make the switch to Warrior myself.  Any chance I can pick your brain a bit?

I could be wrong but when I was talking to one of the retailers I go to he said that Brian's was trying to merge their lines to some point where you can get one pad with any specs. I'm guessing that's what the optik is doing if they are closer to a heritage pad because I wouldn't think Brian's would get rid of their stiffer pads. This makes sense because at this point you can customize a subzero 3 with all the gnetik 3 specs for example. I'm not completely sure if this is true but it would definitely be more convenient. 

11 minutes ago, Calter said:

I could be wrong but when I was talking to one of the retailers I go to he said that Brian's was trying to merge their lines to some point where you can get one pad with any specs. I'm guessing that's what the optik is doing if they are closer to a heritage pad because I wouldn't think Brian's would get rid of their stiffer pads. This makes sense because at this point you can customize a subzero 3 with all the gnetik 3 specs for example. I'm not completely sure if this is true but it would definitely be more convenient. 

Welcome and thanks for joining the #GoalieCrowd 

Check out this thread for all things Optik. Details will roll out as early as Brian's releases it to us. They are planning on having 2 profiles for the Optik available at retail. This should meet the demands of people who like a softer pad and a more stiff pad.  

On 8/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, cwarnar said:

Thanks Chakal.  I'm looking to make the switch to Warrior myself.  Any chance I can pick your brain a bit?

There's a couple warrior threads in the warrior section that would be best to get Chakal's and other users input.

There's a few G3 and R/GT users here, so you'll have a good amount of opinions to refer to.

Just heard a JUICY rumor. Again, rumor... so it could be BS. However, I wouldn't post if I didn't somewhat trust the source to have some of the facts... 

Price is testing Bauer gear. According to GGN his CCM contract is up. Someone posted on here it was around $400k annually... 

Rumor: Bauer offered him 3x CCM aka 1.2million 

45 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Just heard a JUICY rumor. Again, rumor... so it could be BS. However, I wouldn't post if I didn't somewhat trust the source to have some of the facts... 

Price is testing Bauer gear. According to GGN his CCM contract is up. Someone posted on here it was around $400k annually... 

Rumor: Bauer offered him 3x CCM aka 1.2million 

Wow that's some serious mula, I am however surprised that he only made 400 K sporting CCM's was expecting a higher #

9 hours ago, Big2 said:

Well it would be a shocker if he where to change brands do you think he likes the Bauers?

I don't think it's an issue of if he likes the Bauer pad, I think it's an issue of can Bauer mod a pad to make him happy. The onus is on Bauer to please Price. 

I personally am annoyed with the rumor that Speed Skin is illegal in the NHL. I don't know if the story of Price not liking Speed Skin is true or not, but I am skeptical. 

If he switched to Bauer and wore OD1N skin, I think it would be a terrible blow to CCM. It would disprove any of the marketing "myth" around Speed Skin. 

TGN well put and I was not aware that speedskin could be illegal in the NHL - if Price where to stay with CCM and not use Speedskin on his pads (if he was allowed) this would also be a marketing problem for them!

I wonder if he was ever involved in the development of this product?? You would think that CCM would get their poster boy involved like Bauer and Lundy!!

13 hours ago, Big2 said:

TGN well put and I was not aware that speedskin could be illegal in the NHL - if Price where to stay with CCM and not use Speedskin on his pads if he was allowed this would also be a marketing problem for them!

I wonder if he was ever involved in the development of this product?? You would think that CCM would get their poster boy involved like Bauer and Lundy!!

Speed Skin IS 100% NHL LEGAL!!! There's a social media rumor that Speed Skin is illegal and that's why non of the pro returns have it. That's 100% FALSE and it annoys me. 

There's another story, which could be true, but I am skeptical of, that Price used Speed Skin, went flying out of the crease and said "never again". Price seems to be super in tune with his gear spec. If that were the case? I would expect the Frederik Anderson story, where it freaked him out, but he saw the potential and adopted to it. If Price were rocking the Corey Schnieder Vaughn's and that story came out, I would trust it more. 

Pad Skinz, who we will be writing about shortly, asked Kay Whitmore and he said there was no issue with Speed Spin. Think about it logically, how is OD1N legal and Speed Skin is not? 

From my CCM insider, who is not a CCM Employee, but gets phenomenal intel, Pat Lefebvre is skeptical of the Speed Skin. It's unclear why, but most likely OD1N like durability issues. As a result, he does not want his pro guys in it because he is concerned about maintaining his families near spotless reputation.

Speed Skin is a retail only option and only for pads made offshore. It's not an option from the Canadian Leferve factory. From what I can tell, the new 3D knee landing on the P2 will be a retail only / offshore option as well. According to a U of AZ (NCAA D1) goalie, the pro customizer for P2 does not offer the 3D landing or the Speed Skin. 

I doubt Price would care more about the money than the performance. And he can pick any material he wants, doesn't have to use speed skin. The ltd edition sets CCM put out were weave. I assume that is his preference.

I thought Bauer was broke?

Archived