2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

11 minutes ago, goalie said:

I doubt Price would care more about the money than the performance. And he can pick any material he wants, doesn't have to use speed skin. The ltd edition sets CCM put out were weave. I assume that is his preference.

I thought Bauer was broke?

Bauer had to file for one of those protection periods while they sorted out some investment issues on a corporate level, over spending on Own The Moment, inventory issues etc. They we'rent broke in the sense of disappearing off the map. 

I believe Bauer is private again. They are the largest company in the industry and they have money to spend. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I've always wondered how much guys make. This was actually more than I was thinking, haha 

It's not that much compared to the 10M$/year he will make in 2018-2019. Don't forget it's in Montreal too. No goalie outside very few key NHL markets makes that much money on gear endorsement. Goalie equipment is a small market compared to shoes and garments.

32 minutes ago, chakal said:

It's not that much compared to the 10M$/year he will make in 2018-2019. Don't forget it's in Montreal too. No goalie outside very few key NHL markets makes that much money on gear endorsement. Goalie equipment is a small market compared to shoes and garments.

Only guys that really come to mind are Lundqvuist and Price. None of the rest of the goalies really stand out as prime advertising lock ins.

Even CCM's premier guys (Crawford, Fleury, Luongo) don't have the same pull as the two listed above and I'd put them in second place.

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Just heard a JUICY rumor. Again, rumor... so it could be BS. However, I wouldn't post if I didn't somewhat trust the source to have some of the facts... 

Price is testing Bauer gear. According to GGN his CCM contract is up. Someone posted on here it was around $400k annually... 

Rumor: Bauer offered him 3x CCM aka 1.2million 

Wonder if he were to sign with Bauer if he makes a return to the ill fitting 9601 (huge backplate gap and strange looking 'backwards' cage clips, plus eventually they made them with round vent holes instead which was unique):

price1.jpg.1df686221924967b060ea035d740eaa9.jpg

However, if he were to sign with Bauer I'd assume he'd be in an XPM like most of the Bauer pro masks now.

7 hours ago, chakal said:

Couldnt agree more. Before I heard the $400k... I would have guessed $250 for Price and everyone on CCM, like 100 to 150. Unfortunately, Nike couldn't crack the code to mass market and the multi million dollar endorsements vanished with it. 

Archived