2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

BOA is a 3rd party company that does a lacing system on lots of stuff. There's a chance that using BOA wouldn't violate a patent because it could be different technology, even though it looks similar. 

With that said... What's old is new again!!! 

Ain't that the truth.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOA has been around since 2001. It's funny that they are now integrating their systems on hockey gear. They started in the snowboard boot industry as a third party lacing system.(previously stated). Now I see their tech on anything thing from cycling to hunting..etc. I'm honestly baffled that companies haven't used their tech for pads, skates, even helmets.

Kudos to Brians for stepping up with this stuff. Hopefully we see it on more gear soon.

Also to anyone wondering about the durability/ease of fixing. BOA has a lifetime warranty on most products, and they are very easy to fix/replace.

1 hour ago, Corbotron said:

BOA has been around since 2001. It's funny that they are now integrating their systems on hockey gear. They started in the snowboard boot industry as a third party lacing system.(previously stated). Now I see their tech on anything thing from cycling to hunting..etc. I'm honestly baffled that companies haven't used their tech for pads, skates, even helmets.

Kudos to Brians for stepping up with this stuff. Hopefully we see it on more gear soon.

Also to anyone wondering about the durability/ease of fixing. BOA has a lifetime warranty on most products, and they are very easy to fix/replace.

This actually wasn't a new idea for Brian's. They talked to BOA about 5 yrs ago, but the timing wasn't right. Glad it worked out now! 

The one in my baseball glove broke mid season. But baseball gloves are typically folded pretty flat and stuffed in bags. I think the hard crease through the cord system killed mine. Goal gloves don't get that same treatment - so this seems like a perfect fit.

You release the tension by pressing the middle of the dial; right?

2 hours ago, MTH said:

The one in my baseball glove broke mid season. But baseball gloves are typically folded pretty flat and stuffed in bags. I think the hard crease through the cord system killed mine. Goal gloves don't get that same treatment - so this seems like a perfect fit.

You release the tension by pressing the middle of the dial; right?

Hmm - wondering how well it will react to a hack or even and errant puck

4 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Howard's SLRs 

Vaughn finally addressed the mismatching sets! Howard's blocker is still a Velo, but it has the SLR graphic. If you look around, there's a ton of guys with Velo or Pro V graphics on the gloves and SLR pads. I assumed that's because Vaughn would not allow graphics swap on the SLR at launch. 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hate the way Vaughn places their logo on the glove.  9 goalies out of 10 have their gloves up in some fashion so it always looks upside down.  This is why I asked for them to flip it on my current 5500.  

Hah! Literally never noticed that 

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If Hank isn't in 1S/2S gloves, what has he been using? NXG's skinned as 1S's?

Hi blocker doesn't match anything Bauer has branded a Supreme. It's got a 2 piece sidewall and no binding. His glove is a 2 Piece and doesn't resemble anything Bauer makes either. 

My guess is that they are both TPS clones that Bauer makes him. 

10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Hi blocker doesn't match anything Bauer has branded a Supreme. It's got a 2 piece sidewall and no binding. His glove is a 2 Piece and doesn't resemble anything Bauer makes either. 

My guess is that they are both TPS clones that Bauer makes him. 

Makes sense to cater to his desired specs. He is their poster boy after all.

Could you imagine a company not catering to their main guy? *cough* Vaughn *cough*

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Makes sense to cater to his desired specs. He is their poster boy after all.

Could you imagine a company not catering to their main guy? *cough* Vaughn *cough*

Stayed tuned on that one. Vaughn says that all rumors. 

Archived