2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 4, 2017 at 5:30 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  Part of me likes it but part of me thinks is too much.

Now this is a nice mask.  Less is more.

I think his painter forgot to pull off the white tape lol.  It's a cool look but I think its kinda pointless.  

So I just dropped off my sons Protechsport for its annual tune up at Griffe, Stephane will be installing the same elastic straps as on the  Fleury/ Crawford masks above not sure about Luongos? Was told that this material is more resistant and that when you cut the extremities it comes out per the pictures above?

will post set up once I pick up the mask next week!

58 minutes ago, gp34 said:

Brian's for sure taking over!  Wonder why so many guys are making the switch.

Brian's is a true custom company... Plus the options are endless.  Seems like the pros are finally embracing the changes to gear (leather for Velcro, weight reduction) with lots moving to Brian's 

2 hours ago, gp34 said:

Brian's for sure taking over!  Wonder why so many guys are making the switch.

2 Core Options + associated pre-Curve - that fits nearly any goalie 

lighter pad 

improved sliding - Primo on inner edge and bindingless gusset 

Amazing new glove

... more to come as it gets closer 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

2 Core Options + associated pre-Curve - that fits nearly any goalie 

lighter pad 

improved sliding - Primo on inner edge and bindingless gusset 

Amazing new glove

... more to come as it gets closer 

TGN will this new model overlap their existing lines?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh ok.  Yea I saw that the production starts 11/1 but didn't see anything about a customizer.  Thanks.

I believe customizer is live within a couple weeks. There's a limited one available now to retail partners only for ordering stock, but we can't access it 

10 hours ago, Big2 said:

From the Goalienerd site Quick is leaving Vaughn they won't make his pads anymore for him looks like he will be wearing CCM's

This one is fascinating to me. I noted either on here on IG that it seemed odd that all the V4 / V2 hybrid guys were testing CCM. I wondered if they finally decided to bail on building that pad that is 10 years old for Quick, Nuvy, Schnieder? 

I reached out to my Vaughn contact and he said there was no issue. He went out of his was to share with me a recent set of V4s through the factory. Reality TV Star Jax Taylor, who is a goalie, said he saw Quick at the Kings practice rink in LA and Quick said he wasn't changing. Vaughn has also since re-confirmed they will build Quick the pad he always worn. 

GGN gets good info and I don't doubt him. We are friendly behind the scenes and I respect what he does tremendously. Since no one is directly talking to Quick here, I think there are lot of otherwise credible sources telling GGN, myself, etc their opinion and it might not be 100% correct 

I just curious at this point of the following:

1. Does Quick really change?

2. If yes, did Vaughn really discontinue anything or did CCM open their wallets? 

BOA is a 3rd party company that does a lacing system on lots of stuff. There's a chance that using BOA wouldn't violate a patent because it could be different technology, even though it looks similar. 

With that said... What's old is new again!!! 

Archived