2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Hills said:

Everyone is complaining about thsee but if they were a V2 swirl everyone would love them.

They are boring, but still look decent. 

Agreed... I think with Elliot, Smith, Crawford and many others branching out from all white sets, these pads look boring.  And from what I've seen the P2 graphics offer limitless possibilities

22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Jake Allens new Vaughns

I would prefer if the yellow of the kneerolls would continue to the inside gusset. If you want an old school look, well, pretend that the kneerolls wrap inside the pads like old school pads. In the 90's, usually it was the middle and low end pads that didn't had wrapping kneerolls. So I always think it doesn't look pro when I see something like Allens pads.

e5e5835da11b8606749bbb6f908a7067--quebec-nordiques-thibault.jpg.a1f2d47ab21cd883bf46b3c93b5206a1.jpg4984-315Fr.jpg.8f534b6522ac14c3c490837856af9960.jpg

38 minutes ago, Hills said:

Everyone is complaining about thsee but if they were a V2 swirl everyone would love them.

V2 Swirls are usually filled. ;)

Talbot has never been one to be good at choosing good looking gear. I mean, there's this set which was good.

But overall he's been pretty boring. His new set is taking boring to the next level.

CHQ_20151015_NHL_Blues_at_Oilers009.jpg

1 hour ago, chakal said:

Do you think Talbot purposely makes sure some details don't match on his set? Always a little something, like a missing orange line on his pads on the picture above and an extra blue line on the catcher?

I think he just picks individual pieces that look good.

5 minutes ago, Hills said:

I think he just picks individual pieces that look good.

Crawford has done the same thing in the past and it bugs my goalie OCD

My own opinion is the guys must think that the blocker and glove look too busy with the same amount of lines as the pads?  Too much going on in a small space if you will? 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Crawford has done the same thing in the past and it bugs my goalie OCD

My own opinion is the guys must think that the blocker and glove look too busy with the same amount of lines as the pads?  Too much going on in a small space if you will? 

That, or they just don't care all that much. Get the mockup back from vendor and "sure, that looks good" without thinking about it? 

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Good look at Flower's P2s

Not bad. I think he could have done better with those colors though.

I did only the other day notice the pattern in the gold section of the sleeves. Kind of reminds me of the detail on the shoulder/chest area of the world cup jerseys.

43 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

That, or they just don't care all that much. Get the mockup back from vendor and "sure, that looks good" without thinking about it? 

Seems odd? I think most guys would agree that a matching set looks better for marketing purposes. I don't know why CCM would promote mismatch?

40 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

The red accents are a nice touch on the toe bridge and straps.  I think Red CCM logos might have looked good

That was one thing I liked with Martin Jones' setup: the orange toe bridges.

18 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Seems odd? I think most guys would agree that a matching set looks better for marketing purposes. I don't know why CCM would promote mismatch?

I agree. You'd think they'd be just as anal about matching as the rest of us. 

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I wish the Capitals would just go back to their older jerseys.

I made a mock up a few years ago. I took their old unis and got rid of some of the "cheese" factor. Something between what they wore and what they wear now would be great. 

I actually like their jerseys. At least, I like the logo. Took the classic logo and just kind of modernized it, similar to what the Blue Jays did to their logo a few years ago. 

They overused the Edge patterns a bit though. If they tone that down a bit with the new Adidas jerseys, that would be good. 

6 hours ago, Hills said:

I thought the same exact thing.

5 hours ago, chakal said:

I would prefer if the yellow of the kneerolls would continue to the inside gusset. If you want an old school look, well, pretend that the kneerolls wrap inside the pads like old school pads. In the 90's, usually it was the middle and low end pads that didn't had wrapping kneerolls. So I always think it doesn't look pro when I see something like Allens pads.

Agreed!  On my current set I even had Vaughn continue onto the outside gusset as well.  Though I do regret that decision.  I wish I had left that part out.

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I actually like their jerseys. At least, I like the logo. Took the classic logo and just kind of modernized it, similar to what the Blue Jays did to their logo a few years ago. 

They overused the Edge patterns a bit though. If they tone that down a bit with the new Adidas jerseys, that would be good. 

The current logo is fine. It's the random lines everywhere breaking up the flow of the jersey and the patches of a different color off of those lines that is vomit-inducing. 

On 9/6/2017 at 7:29 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hate the glove placement too.  Tell your contact at Vaughn they need to stop doing that.  No one holds their gloves pocket down at their knees anymore.  If they'd do it right I wouldn't have to ask for it as a mod.

Even when in the store, the glove is usually hung from the T - therefore making the Vaughn upside down off the ice too.

vaughn-ventus-senior-catch-glove-slr-pro

Archived