2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2017 at 0:30 AM, gp34 said:

Elliot and Neuvy in camp.  Looks like Neuvy is making the switch to CCM or at least he is taking a good look at them  Plus a shot of in innards of Lehner's Optiks.

22.jpg

24.jpg

Is that weave looking material primo?

On 9/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, cwarnar said:

Schneider's new lid... Love the full on Brodeur vibe... Can't wait to see if he made the switch to Brians for the season as well

21433247_10214606705189190_8274312078571474439_n.jpg

Though I don't like the look of the streaks in the paint, its a very solid design that I definitely prefer over most of Dave's shit.

22 hours ago, stackem30 said:

I ordered a pair of Keneskys just a few weeks ago - Mike's enthusiasm and willingness to customize is what sold me. He's going to build a pad that's very similar to the late 90's/early 00's pads I like, but with lighter, better materials, etc. I'm really excited to see how they turn out.

Stackem!!!  What pad are your Keneskys going to be built after?

On 9/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, Moose75 said:

All I can think of is the wet sand getting all over the bottoms of those pads and it's bugging me, haha.

Also; maybe because I grew up during the time, but I always loved Washington's "DC Blue" jerseys with the bronze and black. Olie used to have some of my favorite gear in that era.

32581.gif

Ahhhh, the golden era of pad graphics. 

12 hours ago, Snowman30 said:
Price's new gear for the season

LOVE these!

28 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Stackem!!!  What pad are your Keneskys going to be built after?

Hey SaveByRichter, long time no GSBB...

We didn't get too specific (relatively speaking), but the pad's going to be a healthy combination of my ancient Koho 580's (below the knee, anyway) Heaton 10's, and something in between the Kenesky Retro and Vintage design. The build and weight of the new pads are going to be superior to what I've been wearing, but admittedly many of my choices are based on my own aesthetic preference. I'm strictly beer league now, so I sprung for things like a slight taper at the top, which I think looks cool, but may help me allow an odd goal here or there ;-]

In terms of color zones, it's my usual white/black/silver combination - and since I gotta be me, it's a subtle take on how Brodeur usually had the side of his pads look later on in his career. I really liked the graphic they had, so I just made a small adjustment (no graphic above the knee) to make it look a bit like his Heaton III's from 1995. But I wanted something fairly classic and generic as far as graphics went.

We got into far more details about specs and sizing than what's shown here, but this is a drawing I made that gives an idea of the shape/color zones:

IMG_5234.thumb.jpg.e1cbae68ced2f30cf3723a384141e003.jpg

33 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Hey SaveByRichter, long time no GSBB...

We didn't get too specific (relatively speaking), but the pad's going to be a healthy combination of my ancient Koho 580's (below the knee, anyway) Heaton 10's, and something in between the Kenesky Retro and Vintage design. The build and weight of the new pads are going to be superior to what I've been wearing, but admittedly many of my choices are based on my own aesthetic preference. I'm strictly beer league now, so I sprung for things like a slight taper at the top, which I think looks cool, but may help me allow an odd goal here or there ;-]

In terms of color zones, it's my usual white/black/silver combination - and since I gotta be me, it's a subtle take on how Brodeur usually had the side of his pads look later on in his career. I really liked the graphic they had, so I just made a small adjustment (no graphic above the knee) to make it look a bit like his Heaton III's from 1995. But I wanted something fairly classic and generic as far as graphics went.

We got into far more details about specs and sizing than what's shown here, but this is a drawing I made that gives an idea of the shape/color zones:

That seems like a sick idea!  I can't wait to see how these come out.  Haven't seen an open tor in forever!

34 minutes ago, Hills said:

If I was to order an Eflex 3 set I probably wouldn't make the glove match either, since the entire pocket is a different colour zone and doesn't really make sense with the rest of the gear.

I'm not sure that this is true - this forum's Instagram mocked up what the glove would look like if it matched the pads and blocker, and you still get a white palm/pocket. It's really not that different from what Price currently has, so I wonder why it was necessary to have a different glove pattern. From a nit-picky branding POV, I'm a little surprise CCM 'allowed' their flagship goalie to diverge from a matching set**. Goalies are so hilariously detail oriented, and I'm not surprised a lot of people have noticed the inconsistency and had their OCD shaken up!

**At the end of the day, who cares - Price is in CCM, he'll appear in all their ads, and he'll play hockey, etc. 

26 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I'm not sure that this is true - this forum's Instagram mocked up what the glove would look like if it matched the pads and blocker, and you still get a white palm/pocket. It's really not that different from what Price currently has, so I wonder why it was necessary to have a different glove pattern. From a nit-picky branding POV, I'm a little surprise CCM 'allowed' their flagship goalie to diverge from a matching set**. Goalies are so hilariously detail oriented, and I'm not surprised a lot of people have noticed the inconsistency and had their OCD shaken up!

**At the end of the day, who cares - Price is in CCM, he'll appear in all their ads, and he'll play hockey, etc. 

That looks weird, UNLESS they put the CCM logo on the cuff like it is on the leg pad side rolls. 

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

That isn't what I meant. I meant they regardless of the matching setup the palm never really matches anything on the rest of the set as it has no graphics and is just one giant colour. The graphics are way too small on the glove because of this and in my opinion the intricate details look much worse.

6 hours ago, goalie said:

looks like speed skin for Price?

SpeedSkin is only for offshore gear. Price's gear is made at the OG Canadian Lefevre facility. 

Im sure someone will reply "he can get what he wants", but the point is that Lefevre is not promoting it to the pros. No one is pushing Price to try this 

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

SpeedSkin is only for offshore gear. Price's gear is made at the OG Canadian Lefevre facility. 

Im sure someone will reply "he can get what he wants", but the point is that Lefevre is not promoting it to the pros. No one is pushing Price to try this 

My point was it is misleading that they use him/pros to promote speed skin when none of them uses it.

But yes you are correct - this has already been discussed, and doesn't need any further discussion.

22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Holy testical Tuesday Batman!!!! 

The new Canes uniforms are sharp. The plain red pants don't go well IMO. Love red pants - but maybe some side stripes were in order.

Even the return of the bottom black stripe would help.

arturs-irbe-of-the-carolina-hurricanes-m

Looking at their uniforms closer - you can see the new Adidas mesh shoulders. The cleavage lace is dumb. It's now like 3" lower than the collar. Why keep it? 

cut.png

Archived