2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2017 at 9:44 AM, MTH said:

Kinda let down they didn't do the cheesy pics on the strip - ala the Panthers:

All I can think of is the wet sand getting all over the bottoms of those pads and it's bugging me, haha.

Also; maybe because I grew up during the time, but I always loved Washington's "DC Blue" jerseys with the bronze and black. Olie used to have some of my favorite gear in that era.

32581.gif

Schneider's mask is a marked improvement over most (all?) of his other Devils masks. I still don't love it, but I can't complain after last year's...

Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing him in Brian's - he hasn't been spotted in them since earlier in the summer, and the most recent videos of him show that he's still wearing his usual Vaughn and CCM pads/gloves. Too bad, I would have loved seeing him in some vintage looking Brian's.

PS - This forum has really grown nicely. I'm still sad that the GSBB fell apart after the update and lost so many members, but this is an admirable bounce-back.

On 9/11/2017 at 0:52 PM, gp34 said:

Interesting siting from Leafs camp. 

I saw a pair of intermediate pads locally, they were awful and provided no stability while in the butterfly. I truly wonder what Kennesky can offer than the other brands can't.

12 minutes ago, Hills said:

I saw a pair of intermediate pads locally, they were awful and provided no stability while in the butterfly. I truly wonder what Kennesky can offer than the other brands can't.

Mike Howard who used to work for vaughn is now building for Kenesky. Be curious if this is a stock pad or a CCM clone. Plus I can't see them paying the licensing fees for the show

2 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Mike Howard who used to work for vaughn is now building for Kenesky. Be curious if this is a stock pad or a CCM clone. Plus I can't see them paying the licensing fees for the show

He claimed in the past that he wanted gear in the NHL. But what he wants and is willing to pay may be two different things.

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

He also used Vaughn before so they could be based off the Vaughn gear he used to wear too.

2 hours ago, Mike24 said:

I thought they said a year or so ago. They were going to have a pro goalie in their gear???   On the website there WAS Flyers colored gear and you could easily read Mason on it.    

I'd like to see more brands in the show. 

Getting a few pix of pros wearing your gear without actually having to pay for it in the show could bolster brand recognition for the short term. Back when I was building tri gear, I would have given my left nut to have my water bottle holder, handlebars, or my very unique bike frame with my brand show up on one pic in Triathlete magazine in Ironman coverage. Would have given the right nut, as well for my stuff to show up on the NBC broadcast of the Hawaii Ironman. 

4 hours ago, Hills said:

His claim is customisation. He is willing to do what others won't, including odd customisations. I do have one of his T-1000 /T-10 (Vaughn/Eagle, basically the same glove). Nice build, for certain. Though mine lets in a few stingers from heavy shots for a modern build. Maybe it is old spec down to palm protection. Still like the glove, just a little lighter than I was expecting, especially since my PAW T-1000 clone has a mattress palm. 

I ordered a pair of Keneskys just a few weeks ago - Mike's enthusiasm and willingness to customize is what sold me. He's going to build a pad that's very similar to the late 90's/early 00's pads I like, but with lighter, better materials, etc. I'm really excited to see how they turn out.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:31 PM, Hills said:

Zoom in on the toe system. It's their unique feature that will launch soon. 

I don't know if it's a game changer? But it's something new they are bringing to market. I don't know specifics 

Carey Price's new pads for 2017-2018: http://ingoalmag.com/gear/carey-price-debuts-new-equipment-look-canadiens-camp/

Honestly, I somehow preferred the set he wore last year, unoriginal as it may have been - it just looked clean and refined, appropriate for the star goalie of the league's most classic team. But I'm so happy to see predominately colorful pads making a comeback in the league that I sure won't complain.

One thing I don't get it why so few of the new CCM gloves match the pads and blockers in terms of the color zones...

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Zoom in on the toe system. It's their unique feature that will launch soon. 

I don't know if it's a game changer? But it's something new they are bringing to market. I don't know specifics 

I've seen the toe system - it's pretty cool, though I'm not going to be using it myself. It definitely strikes me as something a modern butterfly goalie would be interested in, and it'll definitely take less time to put together than toe ties.

Archived