Warrior R/V1 Pro+ Sticks

Puckstopper

1 hour ago, Kirk3190 said:

Thanks for the feedback!  We are always in development of new constructions and performance benefits.  Flex profile being one of those at the current time.  I understand your comment about model names.  The "+" is something we introduced in 2019 with the R/V1 sticks and also R/X2 Jock & Knee.  As time goes on you'll begin to see it in other areas of our product offering.  Once it becomes more common place I believe it will instinctively clear up some of the confusion.  In a very general way, the V1 Pro, V1 SR+ and V1 SR are separated by $50 and are on average 50g less/more in weight than each other.  The V1 Pro+ being an outlier because it's a LOT more than 50g lighter than the V1 Pro.  Hope this helps!

Are you guys going to release a stick with the G5 line?

3 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

Thanks for the feedback!  We are always in development of new constructions and performance benefits.  Flex profile being one of those at the current time.  I understand your comment about model names.  The "+" is something we introduced in 2019 with the R/V1 sticks and also R/X2 Jock & Knee.  As time goes on you'll begin to see it in other areas of our product offering.  Once it becomes more common place I believe it will instinctively clear up some of the confusion.  In a very general way, the V1 Pro, V1 SR+ and V1 SR are separated by $50 and are on average 50g less/more in weight than each other.  The V1 Pro+ being an outlier because it's a LOT more than 50g lighter than the V1 Pro.  Hope this helps!

Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate your direct feedback. I would agree with the posters below, a higher flex stick would be a nice compliment to the V1+. Then you'd have a great 1-2 punch with stiff and flexible, like having G and GT lines.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have heard that Warrior runs big for their sticks. What does a 26" V1 Pro+ compare to in Bauer/CCM sizing?

I saw a chart that says add 1.5" for Warrior sticks, so would a 26" Warrior be equivalent to a 24.5" Bauer/CCM?

Edited by Peter36

5 hours ago, Peter36 said:

I have heard that Warrior runs big for their sticks. What does a 26" V1 Pro+ compare to in Bauer/CCM sizing?

I saw a chart that says add 1.5" for Warrior sticks, so would a 26" Warrior be equivalent to a 24.5" Bauer/CCM?

I am currently using a V1 Pro+ as my primary and an Eflex 4 as my backup stick.   The Warrior is a 27.5" and the CCM is a 26".  They're basically identical height wise although the CCM plays a tiny bit shorter due to a minor difference in lie.

@Kirk3190 quit teasing!  

Edited by Puckstopper

11 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I am currently using a V1 Pro+ as my primary and an Eflex 4 as my backup stick.   The Warrior is a 27.5" and the CCM is a 26".  They're basically identical height wise although the CCM plays a tiny bit shorter due to a minor difference in lie.

@Kirk3190 quit teasing!  

So, just to be clear, all V1 Pro+ size 1.5" less than a CCM Eflex, correct?

Edited by Peter36

4 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I believe that to be true across the board.  I can verify at the store I work at next time I'm in.   I'm only hedging on my answer because my sticks were special order and I don't want to steer you wrong.

Ok thanks man, I found a good deal on a 26" V1 Pro + and I currently use a 24" CCM so I'm thinking they will be similar. 

18 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Yea I actually saw those too.  Colors don’t work for me.  Hope they work out for you, they’re definitely a good deal!

On 4/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, twopadstack said:

Played with my new V1 pro + last night, bishop curve - I have the white stick, black lettering with orange 'grip'. I still wish warrior put a tackier grip on the stick but 1 wrap of grip tape and I'm happy anyway. Also threw a goalie buttendz on there (love that product). The stick is lighter than the cr1, and feels very nicely balanced when the blade is on the ice. I personally think the vibration from paddle shots is about the same as CR1, which is top notch. Watch out for innocent looking shots that come to the blade tho just like with any composite stick I find the puck just ricochet's like crazy, can be sometimes tough to control fi you're just trying to play the puck - but again that's all composites IMO. It basically feels like a lighter, improved CR1, and with the weight reduction and a little snappier flex my shot improved as well. Only have had 1 skate but I am very happy with my purchase. I've had the 1S, CR1, True 6.0 and now the VR - bang for your buck and pure performance puts it top of the list, now lets hope it's durable.

@twopadstack @seagoal @1C5 @Puckstopper @Kirk3190

I need feedback from you guys if you don't mind. I'm looking to get a new batch soon and my LHS selection sucks... so crazy as it may be... I'm hoping your comments can help me one way or another. Long story short... I've been using 2S Pro and while yes it's light and all that... but what I find I like most about Bauer's design for composites (and what I didn't like about the BPM150) is the paddle shape. The Ergo paddle just seems to make the rebounds more predictable and easier to control. To the portion of the post I highlighted above... all composites have the hot rebound characteristic when compared to foam cores... but how have you felt about the V1 Pro+ (or V1 Pro/ CR1) performance in this area? 

In the brief stint I had with the BPM150 the traditional paddle shape and composite material made for some interesting rebounds compared to what I was used to with the 2S Pro. I appreciate any candid feedback you can provide... especially if you have experience with not only the V1 Pro+ that you all own... but with an Ergo paddle as well. 

Anyone else who wants to chime in is welcome of course as well... thanks in advance... 

15 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@twopadstack @seagoal @1C5 @Puckstopper @Kirk3190

I need feedback from you guys if you don't mind. I'm looking to get a new batch soon and my LHS selection sucks... so crazy as it may be... I'm hoping your comments can help me one way or another. Long story short... I've been using 2S Pro and while yes it's light and all that... but what I find I like most about Bauer's design for composites (and what I didn't like about the BPM150) is the paddle shape. The Ergo paddle just seems to make the rebounds more predictable and easier to control. To the portion of the post I highlighted above... all composites have the hot rebound characteristic when compared to foam cores... but how have you felt about the V1 Pro+ (or V1 Pro/ CR1) performance in this area? 

In the brief stint I had with the BPM150 the traditional paddle shape and composite material made for some interesting rebounds compared to what I was used to with the 2S Pro. I appreciate any candid feedback you can provide... especially if you have experience with not only the V1 Pro+ that you all own... but with an Ergo paddle as well. 

Anyone else who wants to chime in is welcome of course as well... thanks in advance... 

When you say the Ergo paddle helps with rebounds, do mean just ones that happen to come off the paddle or the blade too?  I'm going to assume just ones off the paddle...why would the shape of the paddle affect the rebounds off the blade?  And how many pucks do you take off the paddle? lol

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

When you say the Ergo paddle helps with rebounds, do mean just ones that happen to come off the paddle or the blade too?  I'm going to assume just ones off the paddle...why would the shape of the paddle affect the rebounds off the blade?  And how many pucks do you take off the paddle? lol

So the quote mentions blade... but my intention was to highlight the hot rebound aspect of super stiff composites. 
As for the frequency of shots to the paddle... often enough to care about how it plays... paddle down or just a quick shot. Nothing wrong with the technique being applied... simply maximizing my blocker surfaces. In some cases they just happen. I’d be surprised if you somehow manage not to take shots to the paddle. 

That in mind... a concave shape does change how rebounds come off. I mean if we were talking concave vs flat you could make a case for splitting hairs... but concave vs convex... especially when they’re hit rebounds... definitely matters.

Quick shot comes through a screen and you didn’t get a good look at it... hits your paddle... concave is much more predictable than convex... and when it’s coming off quicker than an energy absorbing foam core... I dunno maybe it has to be experienced to be understood. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

So the quote mentions blade... but my intention was to highlight the hot rebound aspect of super stiff composites. 
As for the frequency of shots to the paddle... often enough to care about how it plays... paddle down or just a quick shot. Nothing wrong with the technique being applied... simply maximizing my blocker surfaces. In some cases they just happen. I’d be surprised if you somehow manage not to take shots to the paddle. 

That in mind... a concave shape does change how rebounds come off. I mean if we were talking concave vs flat you could make a case for splitting hairs... but concave vs convex... especially when they’re hit rebounds... definitely matters.

Quick shot comes through a screen and you didn’t get a good look at it... hits your paddle... concave is much more predictable than convex... and when it’s coming off quicker than an energy absorbing foam core... I dunno maybe it has to be experienced to be understood. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Paddle down, yea I get that, didn't even think of that before.  Yea I take shots to the paddle I guess I just never paid much attention to how the rebounds come off of it.  I've never used a Bauer composite so I'm pretty ignorant to how it plays.

I'll be honest, I used only Bauer sticks for many years as they were the only company that made a composite I liked.  Warrior's offerings before the CR/1 were composite shaft only or very heavy, and CCMs were not only heavy but not very durable based on anecdotal evidence from guys I play with.  The CR/1 and VR1 Pro+ have changed all of that.  The CR/1 was a little heavier than my Bauer's, but I bought it at a time where I wasn't willing to drop more than $200 on a stick no matter what and it turned out to be absolutely bombproof!  The Pro+'s are holding up just as well and have the added bonus of being in the weight range I like.   I started this thread in mid-April and have 2 completely untouched Pro+'s sitting in the rafters of my basement right now waiting on the first one to fall off in performance.   Admittedly, I took a couple months off after dislocating my shoulder, but that's still 4 months of 2-3 ice times per week and other than the paint being scraped up a little there's no damage to the stick and no loss of pop when shooting.

Unfortunately I can't really chime in on rebounds off the paddle as it's just not something I've noticed a difference on from Bauer to Warrior.  I guess if the puck is hitting the paddle I'm probably in full blown scramble mode anyway and am just happy to have made contact with the puck instead of trying to direct it.  I get what you're saying, but it hasn't been a factor for me.

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Paddle down, yea I get that, didn't even think of that before.  Yea I take shots to the paddle I guess I just never paid much attention to how the rebounds come off of it.  I've never used a Bauer composite so I'm pretty ignorant to how it plays.

Honestly, in this case ignorance is bliss and I wish I was. I’d be in a Warrior stick no doubt if I hadn’t gotten used to Ergo paddles. Also, I could be making a big deal over nothing. Probably something I would just get used to eventually. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Unfortunately I can't really chime in on rebounds off the paddle as it's just not something I've noticed a difference on from Bauer to Warrior.  I guess if the puck is hitting the paddle I'm probably in full blown scramble mode anyway and am just happy to have made contact with the puck instead of trying to direct it.  I get what you're saying, but it hasn't been a factor for me.

You and @SaveByRichter35 could very be right... paddle saves may happen far less often than I’m giving them credit. I will say I’m much more active with my 2S Pro than even my NXGs (which are light) so the weight is a factor. And yes... the scramble paddle save happens too. Had a breakaway earlier this week that I bit on early and reached back with the paddle and got it. The weight was definitely more of a factor than paddle shape... I mean hell the save was off the back on the Ergo spine. 
I appreciate the feedback fellas. 

13 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

You and @SaveByRichter35 could very be right... paddle saves may happen far less often than I’m giving them credit. I will say I’m much more active with my 2S Pro than even my NXGs (which are light) so the weight is a factor. And yes... the scramble paddle save happens too. Had a breakaway earlier this week that I bit on early and reached back with the paddle and got it. The weight was definitely more of a factor than paddle shape... I mean hell the save was off the back on the Ergo spine. 
I appreciate the feedback fellas. 

If weight is a factor for you then do what I do with my sticks.  Use a heavier foam core for warm ups and keep the composites for the game.  I know last night in text you said you don't like to change like that before a game but think of it as a batter using a donut on their bats in the on deck circle.  If you can get one or two Warrior Swagger foam cores(which are on a really good sale price right now on GM) with the same curve that you get in your composite stick it will be basically the same exact stick but heavier.  There isn't much of a transition.  It will make your composite game stick feel that much lighter.

• Like 2